Confirmed with Link: Andlauer reaches deal for Ottawa Senators ownership

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Does it though? The new downtown arena sure might, but not one out in Kanata. Charging prices for parking that are worse than downtown Ottawa for 4 hours seems like a valid criticism to me.
With attendance figures like last night, you think they should slash parking prices?

A drastic reduction in parking prices would not be enough to move the needle and induce more ticket sales in a material sense.

So it would hurt the bottom line of the owner, for what? To appease fans who would find another price sensitivity within the gameday experience to be concerned about?

It’s a major league team with comparatively affordable tickets relative to other organizations. For those that can’t afford to attend, no problem and no judgement.

But the organization isn’t doing anything wrong here, so for those that point to parking fees as their barrier to entry, I’m not sold.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Also used to have a friend who worked there and would give us "popcorn specials" lol the giant popcorn buckets that would go to the boxes, but with 4 tall cans buried inside. Meet him every intermission on the concourse.
Nope, but apparently it needs to be explained to you that accepting beer from someone isn't illegal lol nor is bringing alcohol onto private property lol.
You think that accepting stolen product absolves you of responsibility like it's some type of plausible deniability? Anyone who needs to accept beers in the bottom of a popcorn bucket knows that they are not receiving merchandise/product that has been accounted for. Keep lying to yourself but you're not fooling the rest of us.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
With attendance figures like last night, you think they should slash parking prices?

A drastic reduction in parking prices would not be enough to move the needle and induce more ticket sales in a material sense.

So it would hurt the bottom line of the owner, for what? To appease fans who would find another price sensitivity within the gameday experience to be concerned about?

It’s a major league team with comparatively affordable tickets relative to other organizations. For those that can’t afford to attend, no problem and no judgement.

But the organization isn’t doing anything wrong here, so for those that point to parking fees as their barrier to entry, I’m not sold.
I personally find the parking the most annoying part of going to games. Does it deter me? No, I just find other free options within walking distance. That way I'm not stuck for 45 mins trying to leave the area after paying $20-40 to park there.

The prices for food and drinks are expected at any sporting event so I don't have much to complain about there.

Should they slash the parking prices? I guess I don't know what you mean by that.. charging $5 to $10 less might entice some people to park rather than exercise free options.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I am tempted to say "Take the bus" but that does not appear to be a desirable option.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That's a them problem. Its not illegal for me to accept this gift from someone who works for the host lol. Sorry to tell you. They can be in shit, but good luck to that.

Nope, but apparently it needs to be explained to you that accepting beer from someone isn't illegal lol nor is bringing alcohol onto private property lol.
I consider it theft. If your friend was caught, do you think he would have been fired for it? He's definitely stealing the beer from his employer and you're definitely knowingly in receipt of stolen product.

I think you'd get the boot for that. Deservedly

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If I had to walk 15 -20 minutes in the dead of winter to save 20 bucks I would rather stay home holy shit

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
This city has one major league sports team. Some here are critical of its revenue generating streams, like parking? That are in high demand?

While also being critical of the organization for year in, year out not icing a competitive product.

And for historically poor fan experience.

And for a peripherally located, aged arena.

These things cost substantial amounts of money to change.

The organization has every right to recoup its costs in parking operations and generate a profit.

Don’t like it? Don’t park. Stay home. Don’t invest in the team. And stop whining about the usual issues that require additional funds to change while you’re at it.

Or, and here’s a thought - support the only organization that puts our city on the map.
Bang on. For real, with some of these type of fans, we lose the team. Stay home. This is where EM was chastised for. He was right, but went and promoted it in a very bad way.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If I had to walk 15 -20 minutes in the dead of winter to save 20 bucks I would rather stay home holy shit
I can't imagine in the context of this hobby, but I certainly would take a 15-20 minute winter walk to save $20. Extrapolated to 60 minutes, $60 exceeds my hourly rate, so sign me up. Gotta grind where you can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad