The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
the urge to go to the oilers board and vigorously rub this quote in every subban hating, "locker-room cancer" quoting dumbfu** in there is strong. if it wasn't for my best friend being an oilers fan, i'd wish far more failure to this fanbase :rant:

Haha oh man. I remember after Yakupov was drafted, many of them would NEVER trade such a future superstar for such a locker room cancer. Gagner, Hemsky and a 2nd was much fairer value for a "middle pairing" d-man with attitude issues. :laugh: I laughed at them then, saying I wouldn't trade PK straight up, and I'm laughing now.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Even some Sens fans aren't impressed with EK's play right now. I've watched him a couple times this year and something just seems off with the guy so far. He's probably still not fully recovered from his injury because he looks like a different player than what he was before the injury.
EK is a talent, but his injury he had was a bad one...I have always maintained, right from when I first saw him, he would not have a long career in the NHL because of his physical stature...he is not built for the NHL game and teams will continue to punish him when he goes back for the puck...injuries are going to occur...

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
They sure picked 3 crap drafts to pick 1st overall in. Tavares/MacKinnon are both better than all 3 of the Oilers. Although to be fair their scouting staff are all pretty crap. They had like 15 picks in the 2010 draft and only got Hall.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
They sure picked 3 crap drafts to pick 1st overall in. Tavares/MacKinnon are both better than all 3 of the Oilers. Although to be fair their scouting staff are all pretty crap. They had like 15 picks in the 2010 draft and only got Hall.

2010 is still far too early to tell but yeah, outside the first round, their scouting (or player development) is le poopoo

Apr 28, 2010
Im probably a little late but.. holy crap! Ducks had 56 shots on net last night? I thought Sens are supposed to be good defensively. And LOL @ Karlsson being a -3. :laugh:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Im probably a little late but.. holy crap! Ducks had 56 shots on net last night? I thought Sens are supposed to be good defensively. And LOL @ Karlsson being a -3. :laugh:

He's not a 100% leave Karlsson alone!!!

Also, Ducks need to go back to that color scheme. SOOOOO SEXY.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

But he has the toughest matchups? :sarcasm: Sens are average defensively....but they do have some very good goaltending.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
But he has the toughest matchups? :sarcasm: Sens are average defensively....but they do have some very good goaltending.

Sens lack depth outside of their top players. But yes, their defense is pretty horrid this season so far but still on paper looks better than ours.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Sens lack depth outside of their top players. But yes, their defense is pretty horrid this season so far but still on paper looks better than ours.

I'm not a Corvo fan. Wierchioch is still pretty young, so is Cowan with his inconsistency. Philips shows signs of slowing down....So they are better....but not awfully more.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Hall is easily comparable to Tavares in term of play. Saying otherwise would be dumb. He's one of the premier winger in the league. Obviously, I think Tavares has a much higher ceiling(That 2009 draft was one heck of a draft though.)

Playoff performance
Size
Russian winger
Late BD

Not usually the recipe for a first overall pick. Lots of NHL teams would never pick a Russian first overall, let alone a 5-10 Russian winger who disappeared in the OHL playoffs.

I am the only draft 'pundit' I am aware of that had Yakupov ranked third overall - I had Galchenyuk first and Teravainen second..... I got plenty of heat for it right after the draft...but would still pick both ahead of Yakupov today.

I agree, I would have picked both Galchenyuk and Forsberg before Yakupov. (I would also have picked Forsberg before Galchenyuk:laugh:, so far this doesn't look good.) and even some Dmans were debatables IMO.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Can't wait to see Murray and Reinhart development....but Trouba was my choice to be the first d-man taken in that draft....Clearly hasn't dissapointed yet. But Lindholm will be interesting to see as well. And we'll see about Bobby Orr Reilly.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can't wait to see Murray and Reinhart development....but Trouba was my choice to be the first d-man taken in that draft....Clearly hasn't dissapointed yet. But Lindholm will be interesting to see as well. And we'll see about Bobby Orr Reilly.

I really didnt think about Lindholm that way, he seems smooth as hell. Another one that might impress is Pouliot, the skill is clearly there.

All in all, I think that draft was pretty good, even though people called it the worst in years.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Their kids are good, they're just not Crosby good, but they're solid. They need better surrounding players.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
The Oilers need a new staff. They should have went after Bernier or Schneider this summer. They need to add more veterans to surround the kids, they need support. It's a good begining with the addition of Ference and Gordon but they need more of them, this team is still too young.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
EK is a talent, but his injury he had was a bad one...I have always maintained, right from when I first saw him, he would not have a long career in the NHL because of his physical stature...he is not built for the NHL game and teams will continue to punish him when he goes back for the puck...injuries are going to occur...

I think that's pretty unfair. Ribeiro has a NHL physique? DD? Gionta? DB? Plekanec?

Karlsson is 6' 180lbs, he's far from being a small player. His injury affects his mobility, and that was a big part of his game. He'll adapt and improve with time.

That being said, I never thought EK was this great Dman. I thought he was a better version of Mike Green.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not a Corvo fan. Wierchioch is still pretty young, so is Cowan with his inconsistency. Philips shows signs of slowing down....So they are better....but not awfully more.

I think Ottawa is overrated. They rode a hot wave last year, everybody jumped on MacLean's back as this miracle worker. They're a good young team, but I don't put them ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad