The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Even some Sens fans aren't impressed with EK's play right now. I've watched him a couple times this year and something just seems off with the guy so far. He's probably still not fully recovered from his injury because he looks like a different player than what he was before the injury.

He's playing almost like he's afraid of the puck. His first step is slow, he's not reading the play effectively and is extremely timid. It seems psychological to me.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
He's playing almost like he's afraid of the puck. His first step is slow, he's not reading the play effectively and is extremely timid. It seems psychological to me.

It might be.. :dunno: There's something not right with him for sure because he's certainly not the same EK we saw before his injury.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Even some Sens fans aren't impressed with EK's play right now. I've watched him a couple times this year and something just seems off with the guy so far. He's probably still not fully recovered from his injury because he looks like a different player than what he was before the injury.

Well when you return from a severed Achilles or whatever it was as quick as he did, it's bound to happen. If he didn't return as soon as he did, safe bet he's 100% by now. Stupid on both parts (Karlsson and Sens) to let it go down like that.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
off topic.. but why the **** did the Tigers took Scherzer out of the game... Damm I hate every Boston sports team.. and both tonight came back from almost impossible scenarios... (baseball game is not over but i have a feeling Sox will win)

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Yakupov on being benched - -

“I’m going to play my game,†he said. “I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.â€

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...ov+fumes+under+coach+rules/9033031/story.html

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

“I’m going to play my game,†he said. “I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.â€

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...ov+fumes+under+coach+rules/9033031/story.html

Probably the most unsurprising quote of all year.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax

woah, probably overreacting but I didn't think he'd be so adamant

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

This trend of printing OTR stuff is getting out of hand.

void

Jan 5, 2006

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
off topic.. but why the **** did the Tigers took Scherzer out of the game... Damm I hate every Boston sports team.. and both tonight came back from almost impossible scenarios... (baseball game is not over but i have a feeling Sox will win)

You had a good feeling - crazy game

PricePkPatch*

I guess you now understand why Bergevin wants "character".

"Character" is what made them pick Galchenyuk over Yakupov. Timmins knew Chuckie would have a professional attitude. Be open to be shaped and molded into a responsible superstar. Be ready to earn his due.

Yakupov just wants to play the way he ****ing wants.

No longer sure I want Yakupov if he isn't ready to learn to play the proper game.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I guess you now understand why Bergevin wants "character".

"Character" is what made them pick Galchenyuk over Yakupov. Timmins knew Chuckie would have a professional attitude. Be open to be shaped and molded into a responsible superstar. Be ready to earn his due.

Yakupov just wants to play the way he ****ing wants.

No longer sure I want Yakupov if he isn't ready to learn to play the proper game.

You are making a lot of assumptions. For example, that skill and size alone is not sufficient to prefer galchenyuk over yakupov.

PricePkPatch*

You are making a lot of assumptions. For example, that skill and size alone is not sufficient to prefer galchenyuk over yakupov.

It's been on record that what Timmins liked the most about Galchenuk was his attitude. Not the skillset or the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad