The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It's amazing how humble Senator fans are these days with Karlsson playing like your run of the mill defenseman.

Also, it's not shocking, but amazing nonetheless how the Leaf fans are world beaters now. In my eyes every Canadian team is subpar this season and anyone who gets over excited is going to be in for a let down.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
It's amazing how humble Senator fans are these days with Karlsson playing like your run of the mill defenseman.

Also, it's not shocking, but amazing nonetheless how the Leaf fans are world beaters now. In my eyes every Canadian team is subpar this season and anyone who gets over excited is going to be in for a let down.

I was just glad to see Bernier become human again last night.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
This needs to be asked: What is up with Claude Giroux? Going on a 8 mil a year(x 8), he's not only slumping but absent from any sort of contribution. Creating almost nothing, 0 + 1 for the season so far.

At this point, and it's early, do you see Team Canada dropping him?

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
This needs to be asked: What is up with Claude Giroux? Going on a 8 mil a year(x 8), he's not only slumping but absent from any sort of contribution. Creating almost nothing, 0 + 1 for the season so far.

At a certain point, that becomes a realistic possibility. I mean, people do play themselves onto the team, and often that has to be at the expense of someone else who may have disappointed.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Absolutely, we need a squad which can fire on all cylinders AND has talent. Talent and hype alone don't suffice.

I'd rather MSL than Giroux, for instance.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I know it's Staal but geez Smith....attack your position and confront the player. Not that great of a goal given....

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

Well I do remember reading an article on tsn that said that Team Canada was dissapointed that Giroux didn't report to the camp because of his hand injury. It's a possibility, but I think leaving him off could be a mistake depending on who gets his spot.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
That was one ugly 5 on 3 from the Canes.

Beautiful setup by Ribs. 3-2 Coyotes

Skinner scores for Canes. 3-3

Last edited:

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Can't believe Danes aren't going to be in the Olympics.
The qualifying system sucks, and that's also the reason why Germany won't be in Sochi 2014.

These teams had to go through qualifying without their NHL players which hurt them a lot while Austria and Slovenia were missing one or two players each.

Denmark was missing Lars Eller, Frans Nielsen, Mikkel Bodker, Jannik Hansen, Peter Regin, Olivier Lauridsen, and Philip Larsen.

Germany was missing Marcel Goc, Alexander Sulzer, Dennis Seidenberg, Christian Ehrhoff, Thomas Greiss, Jochen Hecht, Korbinian Holzer, Philipp Grubauer...

LarsEller

Jul 31, 2011
Copenhagen
The qualifying system sucks, and that's also the reason why Germany won't be in Sochi 2014.

These teams had to go through qualifying without their NHL players which hurt them a lot while Austria and Slovenia were missing one or two players each.

Denmark was missing Lars Eller, Frans Nielsen, Mikkel Bodker, Jannik Hansen, Peter Regin, Olivier Lauridsen, and Philip Larsen.

Germany was missing Marcel Goc, Alexander Sulzer, Dennis Seidenberg, Christian Ehrhoff, Thomas Greiss, Jochen Hecht, Korbinian Holzer, Philipp Grubauer...

Yes its so ****ing Pejorative Slured. You play to qualify for a tournament without your best players. Makes no sense

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
What pisses me off most is now Leafs fans will act like they're so great with their 5-1 start even though they had no business even being in this game if it wasn't for Dubnyk

But they won the Corsi battle...Corsi rules remember?

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
Mighty Ducks throwback jerseys tonight

BWfHzvbCAAArZ7Y.jpg:large

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
But they won the Corsi battle...Corsi rules remember?

You realize the Oilers have one of the worst corsis in the league, right? Don't believe advanced stats if you want, too bad they say the exact same story everyone who watched that game saw - the Oilers outshot Toronto but Dubnyk was awful.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
You realize the Oilers have one of the worst corsis in the league, right? Don't believe advanced stats if you want, too bad they say the exact same story everyone who watched that game saw - the Oilers outshot Toronto but Dubnyk was awful.

okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad