The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Thanks Oilers. What an awful awful team. And Dubnyk....I protected you not that long ago....welcome to my ignore list.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Leafs are a good team with ton of offensive depth and a D that is holding it's own. With Bernier, I think they might have a great year. They're just a tough team to play against, and before they used to grind games out, now they can score too.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Not impressed with the Leafs, I think they win the prize of the biggest bubble team in recent memory.

Their underlying numbers are hideous, Down Goes Brown had a recent feature on it: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9799967/toronto-maple-leafs-advanced-stats

They have some nice pieces, especially their fast forwards who have been insanely efficient on the counter, but their luck last year was absurd and I will be shocked if they can ride percentages like this forever.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Thanks Oilers. What an awful awful team. And Dubnyk....I protected you not that long ago....welcome to my ignore list.

i posted 30 mins ago that he wasn't a NHL caliber goaltender.. look at his size.. he should be able to stop most of theses shots.. Alex Auld biggest 5 hole ever.. move away.. i think Dubnyk just took it away from you!

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Leafs are a good team with ton of offensive depth and a D that is holding it's own. With Bernier, I think they might have a great year. They're just a tough team to play against, and before they used to grind games out, now they can score too.

Weren't you there a couple months ago when Kadri was being compared to god?

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Their underlying numbers are hideous, Down Goes Brown had a recent feature on it: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9799967/toronto-maple-leafs-advanced-stats

They have some nice pieces, especially their fast forwards who have been insanely efficient on the counter, but their luck last year was absurd and I will be shocked if they can ride percentages like this forever.

It is early in the season, and they have a large part of the team coming back from injuries. I actually think when healthy and back playing better they will have a **** TON of talent on display.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
i posted 30 mins ago that he wasn't a NHL caliber goaltender.. look at his size.. he should be able to stop most of theses shots.. Alex Auld biggest 5 hole ever.. move away.. i think Dubnyk just took it away from you!

Speaking about Alex Auld. Dubnyk really is starting to remind me of Alex Auld. Two big goalies who don't know how to use their size

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
He is a big part of their success, but he's not the PPG guy he was last year when he was shooting something absurd like 20%.

He has 6 PTS in 6 GP again this year. One of 5 Leaf forwards tied for 11th or higher in scoring. Raymond will surely fall off but the other 4, if they stay healthy, can easily all finish top 20 - 30.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Down 3-2 now! I'm completely fine with West being better than East as long as it helps us out.

:5:

Sharks rocks.

Burns is awesome if offer our next 2 1st picks.

tumblr_mtuv3iQb8y1shr61qo1_500.jpg

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Really like that Colorado team... good mixture of young gun and veterans... plus so many Quebeckers Parenteau, Giguère, Stastny (born in Qc), Tanguay, Bordeleau, Roy, Benoit, Cliche, Allaire...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So Hertl was injured last night? Concussion? That sucks for the kid.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

Their GM pulled off a few brilliant moves to pull them from the basement... Bollan being one of them.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
He is PPG and shooting 20% exactly ;)

Kovalchuk was an exceptionally high % shooter, an outlier, shooting 14% over his career. The reasonable bet is that Kadri is no Kovalchuk over a large sample size, let alone 20%. It won't last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad