The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Paul Bissonnette @BizNasty2point0
Flyers fans. You are sending hate tweets to a guy who played 2 minutes tonight. I wasn't the problem. I just sat and watched. Figure it out.4h

Paul Bissonnette @BizNasty2point0
I was good for a +1 tonight on the opening goal against your team tonight too @KateElwell. But yes I am good at working the door. Pays well.4h

:yo:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You are aware that defense isnt only a matter of defensemen and offense isnt only a matter of fowards right? Thats a game played a unit of 5 and if your defensemen cant move the puck, there is no transition and as skilled as you are up front, it wont work (see Philly).. On the other side, if you have very little depth up front, that your lines are flawed, even if you have the best blueline out there, it wont work either (see the Preds).. The Rags lines are pretty flawed at the moment, when Pouliot is on your first line, you know something wrong.. Bruins D core isnt exceptional on paper but their pairings are still pretty solid and they have a wonderfull balance up front, thats what make them so tough to play against, they are structured and consistent night after night, perfect team for a goaltender to play for.. The Wings also proved over the years that they could win alot of hockey games without a very good starter (Osgood, Vernon, Howard) playing a very structured puck possession type of game with excellent balance all around..

I'm pretty aware of that as I often talk about the "system" which clearly has to implicate more than the D's on the defense and the forwards on offense.

I was mostly responding to people who keep dissing the good goalies based on the STRONG defense. Rinne was great because he had Suter and Weber and now without Suter, he's nothing. And with everything that you said, whatever system you are talking about won't work with a sieve in your net. I disagree that Wings goalies weren't very good, I'll say they were underrated based on how great their team was. Osgood did went elsewhere and still managed to get 2 seasons with approximately the same Sv% then he had in Detroit. Vernon did looked average....but he didn't exactly racked up his Sv% in Detroit either, just like he did with Calgary. And I clearly disagree that Howard isn't very good. He's clearly part of his team's success and while EVERYBODY thought this team was done for so many years and even more so with Lidstrom out, he's been there to shut the opposition down.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Chiasson again yesterday....Unreal. :amazed:

And how about those Flames with Hartley.....who saw that coming even if it's real early....

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Chiasson again yesterday....Unreal. :amazed:

And how about those Flames with Hartley.....who saw that coming even if it's real early....

when we played them, the flames completely blew my expectation out of the water. they're playing some solid, inspired hockey. could just be a team on a high and it won't last, but damn

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
when we played them, the flames completely blew my expectation out of the water. they're playing some solid, inspired hockey. could just be a team on a high and it won't last, but damn

Maybe Hartley was the better pick over Therrien? But didn't Hartley turn us down?

I hope they keep this up. Ruin the obvious tank. Keep Calgary mediocre forever.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Maybe Hartley was the better pick over Therrien? But didn't Hartley turn us down?

Well again, it's not like we had a whole lot to choose from...but I had Roy and then........ Hartley and then..................................................Therrien.

Now, it's real early and both of those guys Roy and Hartley are clearly guys that can get a jump out of you....Like most coaches, remains to be seen for how long. Still have the feeling that they will both have some problems down the road but for a first year...they might surprise a lot of people. Now....tons of coaches also do. As crap as you can be, chances are you'll have a very good 1st year. See Michel Therrien last year....Mario Tremblay....Carbo though, his 2nd was better etc...

PunkinDrublic*

I've read:

Galch Pleks Gally
Pax Eller Briere
Prust DD Bourque
Moen Bournival White

I actually like this lineup. Hope Gio family OK but it is kind of nice to replace him with Bourque, while Prust replaces Bourque on the left side. Apparently Bourque is good on the right side.

Oddly, the team is likely better with Gio off of it.

So you have:

Galch Pleks Gally: Fantastic combo of youthful energy and shut down C man. Pleks needs to get his head around this and start performing at the young guy's speed. I think he can.

Pax Eller Briere: Good size, good big center for Pax. Briere is the question mark here. This is a curious line and I would give them 3 games. They will not be pushed around though and the speed is good.

Prust DD Bourque: This might be a fantastic way to get the most out of DD. Prust hammering guys, DD creating space, and Bourque making his own space and taking the big shots. I think this is actually a way better line than Bourque, DD, Gio, as it has more size, and provides shelter for DD.

Moen Bournival White:
Bournival has already taken White's job, and I think this will be one of the better 4th lines in the league this year. Mainly due to Bournival's speed. Really really happy with this kid. Hopefully Parros is OK, and if he does not retire, play him for White against Toronto and Boston. Badabing.

And where in hell did you get this BS ? Bergevin said 3 days ago he was symptom free.

Dec 2, 2010
I hope they keep this up. Ruin the obvious tank. Keep Calgary mediocre forever.
Feaster (with Burke behind the curtain): Hey Bob... uh... so.. you're winning eh? I don't think you got the memo in the off-season
Hartley: Yea hockey is all about winning, right?
F w/ B: ..... You're fired.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Joe Haggerty
@HackswithHaggs

It looks like it'll be Matt Bartkowski in the lineup, and Dougie Hamilton hitting the pine for Bruins this afternoon csnne.com/boston-bruins/…

Is it me or is this guy overrated? Defense version of Colborne.

Good size and skill but not a ton of drive or grit.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Joe Haggerty
@HackswithHaggs

It looks like it'll be Matt Bartkowski in the lineup, and Dougie Hamilton hitting the pine for Bruins this afternoon csnne.com/boston-bruins/…

Is it me or is this guy overrated? Defense version of Colborne.

Good size and skill but not a ton of drive or grit.

I was never a huge fan of Hamilton. Seguin on the other hand....

So glad they got rid of him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Drafted big forwards who are already studs:
Loui Eriksson - 33rd overall 2003
James Neal - 33rd overall 2005
Jamie Benn - 129th overall 2007

Drafted big forwards who look like they're on their way to becoming studs:
Alex Chiasson - 38th overall 2009
Brett Ritchie - 44th overall 2011

Big forwards to keep an eye on based on their drafting ability in around the 2nd round:
Alex Guptill - 77th overall 2010
Jason Dickinson - 29th overall 2013
Remi Elie - 40th overall in 2013

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Drafted big forwards who are already studs:
Loui Eriksson - 33rd overall 2003
James Neal - 33rd overall 2005
Jamie Benn - 129th overall 2007

Drafted big forwards who look like they're on their way to becoming studs:
Alex Chiasson - 38th overall 2009
Brett Ritchie - 44th overall 2011

Big forwards to keep an eye on based on their drafting ability in around the 2nd round:
Alex Guptill - 77th overall 2010
Jason Dickinson - 29th overall 2013
Remi Elie - 40th overall in 2013

This is where we struggle so much. Who are the powerforwards that we chose and ended up "powerforwarding".....Pacioretty? Who else? Latendresse was suppose to.....never did. And then we have to go to....1987 with Leclair. How scary is that? That's obviously the idea with McCarron. And maybe De La Rose could find the offensive touch to be that guy. But we need to do a better job at this. Just like we need to be better for the Centerman position. We addressed a need in goal...still think we need to do it again. But while talent will always be first, if you have to choose....go with the big rugged skilled wingers or centermen please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad