The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
tooth.gif

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Joey MacDonald lights out again tonite against the Devils...Pictou (pronounced Pick-Toe, not Pick-Too) boy doing us Pictou County peeps proud, as much as I didn't like that he did it to the Habs Wednesday.

NewHabsEra*

I think that he's struggling right now. Still he was established has a real top 5 goalie for quite some time now. I guess it happens to the best of them.

Yet, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he, like all the other great goalies, had no merit 'cause he had one of the best defense in the league....Anyway....

You are aware that defense isnt only a matter of defensemen and offense isnt only a matter of fowards right? Thats a game played a unit of 5 and if your defensemen cant move the puck, there is no transition and as skilled as you are up front, it wont work (see Philly).. On the other side, if you have very little depth up front, that your lines are flawed, even if you have the best blueline out there, it wont work either (see the Preds).. The Rags lines are pretty flawed at the moment, when Pouliot is on your first line, you know something wrong.. Bruins D core isnt exceptional on paper but their pairings are still pretty solid and they have a wonderfull balance up front, thats what make them so tough to play against, they are structured and consistent night after night, perfect team for a goaltender to play for.. The Wings also proved over the years that they could win alot of hockey games without a very good starter (Osgood, Vernon, Howard) playing a very structured puck possession type of game with excellent balance all around..

Mutagenesis

Nucks/Isles
Jul 21, 2013
Representin' the ABQ
Quick question guys, with Gionta out, what's the lineup for tomorrow looking like?

Pacioretty - Briere - Gallagher
Bournival - Galchenyuk - Eller
Prust - Plekanec - Bourque
Moen - White - Desharnais

Subban - Tinordi
Markov - Gorges
Diaz - Bouillon

Seems to make sense except with Desharnais at 4RW :laugh:

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I don't know why MT broke up the EGG line but if he plans on doing it again vs the Nucks then why not put Bournival on the wing on DD;s line.

Galchenyuk Plekanec Gallagher
Pacioretty Eller Briere
Bournival Desharnais Bourque
Moen White Prust

alternate between Prusty and DD if DD sucks again and move Bournival to C on the 3rd line..

I'd sit Bouillon and play Tinordi

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Diaz
Beaulieu - Gorges

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Quick question guys, with Gionta out, what's the lineup for tomorrow looking like?

Pacioretty - Briere - Gallagher
Bournival - Galchenyuk - Eller
Prust - Plekanec - Bourque
Moen - White - Desharnais

Subban - Tinordi
Markov - Gorges
Diaz - Bouillon

Seems to make sense except with Desharnais at 4RW :laugh:

I've read:

Galch Pleks Gally
Pax Eller Briere
Prust DD Bourque
Moen Bournival White

I actually like this lineup. Hope Gio family OK but it is kind of nice to replace him with Bourque, while Prust replaces Bourque on the left side. Apparently Bourque is good on the right side.

Oddly, the team is likely better with Gio off of it.

So you have:

Galch Pleks Gally: Fantastic combo of youthful energy and shut down C man. Pleks needs to get his head around this and start performing at the young guy's speed. I think he can.

Pax Eller Briere: Good size, good big center for Pax. Briere is the question mark here. This is a curious line and I would give them 3 games. They will not be pushed around though and the speed is good.

Prust DD Bourque: This might be a fantastic way to get the most out of DD. Prust hammering guys, DD creating space, and Bourque making his own space and taking the big shots. I think this is actually a way better line than Bourque, DD, Gio, as it has more size, and provides shelter for DD.

Moen Bournival White:
Bournival has already taken White's job, and I think this will be one of the better 4th lines in the league this year. Mainly due to Bournival's speed. Really really happy with this kid. Hopefully Parros is OK, and if he does not retire, play him for White against Toronto and Boston. Badabing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad