The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Hertl mania

tumblr_mufp8r1uks1ro0pxzo1_250.gif

tumblr_mug3xvCx9j1sktvtro1_500.jpg

tumblr_mufdco4P3d1r0ozj8o1_500.jpg

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
:laugh: This board would explose..

Did you see the weak goal Lunqvist allowed yesterday?? I dont recall Price giving a such softie in the last 2-3 years..

http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20132014,2,57&lang=en

third goal on that video, awesome..

Lundqvist has long been considered the best goaltender in this league. He's given the benefit of the doubt off a bad start. Quick is slow off the mark too.

It's not Montreal vs NY fans it's Unproven vs Proven goalies.

NewHabsEra*

Lundqvist has long been considered the best goaltender in this league. He's given the benefit of the doubt off a bad start. Quick is slow off the mark too.

It's not Montreal vs NY fans it's Unproven vs Proven goalies.

The point Im trying to prove isnt that Lunqvist is a bad goaltender, but this is what happen when there is no structure in front of a goaltender as good as you are.. Right now the Rags are a joke to watch and even an elite goaltender cant do much when his team is so disorganised..

In another thread I explained very well why our blueline is struggling right now and as good as Price is, he needs better structure in front in order to shine and become the goaltender he can be.. Most of us recognize and know about his immense talent, but there isnt much he can do when the team isnt playing with poise in front..

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Did you heard about Thorton's declaration?

Yes, we heard about Joe Thornton's 4-goals celebration. EA is putting it in their next game.

It sort of reminded me of that scene in Slap Shot where Johnny is pissed about having to do a fashion show, and talks about what he wants to do on the ramp way.

Opening that fa**y bathrope and wiggle his d*** at 'em.

You know why?

Because he wanted the old ******* that owned the team to die so that he'd never have to do that **** again.

****ing fashion shows!

Gotta watch Slap Shot tonight.

*Self censored some words that amazingly passed the censor*

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Is Lunqvist still the best goaltender in the league??? :sarcasm:

GAA 4.31 SV% 879 Ouch

I wonder what Whitesnake think about the matter.. :naughty:

I think that he's struggling right now. Still he was established has a real top 5 goalie for quite some time now. I guess it happens to the best of them.

Yet, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he, like all the other great goalies, had no merit 'cause he had one of the best defense in the league....Anyway....

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The point Im trying to prove isnt that Lunqvist is a bad goaltender, but this is what happen when there is no structure in front of a goaltender as good as you are.. Right now the Rags are a joke to watch and even an elite goaltender cant do much when his team is so disorganised..

In another thread I explained very well why our blueline is struggling right now and as good as Price is, he needs better structure in front in order to shine and become the goaltender he can be.. Most of us recognize and know about his immense talent, but there isnt much he can do when the team isnt playing with poise in front..

Goalies need better structure. Structure needs better goalie. I have no idea how people can dissociate one from the other. Sorry, but as great the structure is, goalies will still need to make incredible saves. You still need to save the day a whole lot, still need to come big against the other team's PP.

My problem with that analysis is that people who uses it only do it when it suits their point. Everybody in here thinks Fleury is awful. Of course, we have some examples than he is...was. Yet....are Pittsburgh incredible defensively, with the best d-men ever? Or is it all offense which clearly could explain a higher save% or GAA from Fleury? Not that long ago people keep discrediting Lundqvist, Rask and all the guys that "happen" to be ahead of Price saying that they played with incredible defensive teams and incredible d-men. Yet, Lundqvist still plays with the same D's. But I guess now that the easy target is Vigneault's system. Halak was damn lucky when he was great 'cause St.Louis is an incredible defensive team...but then if he struggles with the same team and same system...HE is the one who is bad.

For me, it's always the same. They both together. I will never believe that the system is the solely result of the greatness of a goalie. Or that the goalie is the only remedy to great defense.

You would put Biron with the same incredible Tortorella system and this incredible D in New York, and I'm sorry, but he doesn't have Lundqvist stats. And same applies for everybody. But then it happened once that Elliott had 1 great year and we suddenly feel that it's the norm. It's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad