The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Man it cost so much to find help on the top 6! And cash-strapped CHI even took a lot of salary back.

If only our GM had connection with the Hawks.

:sarcasm:

and

:banghead:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Man it cost so much to find help on the top 6! And cash-strapped CHI even took a lot of salary back.

If only our GM had connection with the Hawks.

:sarcasm:

and

:banghead:

The only left handed PMD we have is Beaulieu. That was the key piece Chicago took back.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
For those envying Nill and DAL, their defense and goaltending is still not good enough to make a push for PO. They're still one of the worst teams in the West.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
I can't BELIEVE that MB couldn't top that offer. We could have had Sharp for Tinordi + DSP for crying out loud!!!!!

Is this real life?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I can't BELIEVE that MB couldn't top that offer. We could have had Sharp for Tinordi + DSP for crying out loud!!!!!

Is this real life?

Tinordi is a bottom pairing defensive defenseman. Trevor Daley just put up a 40 point season as a top 4 PMD. They're not even remotely comparable. DSP isn't an NHLer based on his play last year. Garbutt's a piece of crap but he's a good 4th liner.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
For those envying Nill and DAL, their defense and goaltending is still not good enough to make a push for PO. They're still one of the worst teams in the West.

Yes but they have the ability to make trades, the only way we fix our problems is hoping a teenager magically grows into the solution.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We just don't seem to have the kind of assets that team's are looking for - at least not yet. Oshie went for Brouwer. Sharp for Daley. Really there's no one on our team comparable. Emelin isn't a puck mover. Beaulieu is too young, Gilbert is UFA and not that good.

It's disappointing, because the price on Sharp came down big time. We also don't know how Sharp's NTC factored into where he went.

It would've been a nice pick-up for us for sure. He would've given us quality offensive depth.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Trevor Daley is pretty good guys.

I like what the Hawks are doing so far, taking their time to make sure they get quality back.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
No doubt Patrick Sharp could have helped this team, but nobody will ever know if/what Chicago wanted in return. Daley is a good player. Top 4 guy for sure. I am surprised the Hawks took back so much salary, which tells me Bickell and/or Versteeg are moving as well.

Can we chill on the Jim Nill praise however? 1 playoff appearance in the last 7 years, with a 1st round exit. Nill wasn't there for most, but lets not get irrational about one trade for a high cap hit player who is on the downside of his career, and may have some trust issues with teammates if you believe what you read about Sharp on the internet.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad