The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wish we would have gotten Jim Nill..

He got Spezza, Seguin, Ludvig Eriksson, Stephen Johns, Rich Peverley, Ryan Button and Sharp for...

Trevor Daley
Ryan Garbutt
Alex Chiasson
Alex Guptill
Nicholas Paul
2nd round pick
Loui Eriksson
Rielly Smith
Matt Fraser
Joseph Morrow.

That's ridiculous.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Jim Nill acquiring top 6 forwards like it was nothing while MB...

I didn't want Sharp.. but that was brutal.

DSP and Emelin for Sharp and Johns. Honestly, lol.

But Jim Nill doesn't, you know, do that one thing that's so crucial. So we got Mr. Banana Republic.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Okay, I'm not a Bergevin basher but how did we not top off this offer. Daley is decent but still. I didn't trash him on missing out on Oshie but man we should have gotten Sharp if the price was that cheap.

Didn't see DAL getting Sharp tho.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I didn't want Sharp.. but that was brutal.

DSP and Emelin for Sharp and Johns. Honestly, lol.

But Jim Nill doesn't, you know, do that one thing that's so crucial. So we got Mr. Banana Republic.

And same cap hit or less.

@CraigCustance: According to @war_on_ice, Daley & Garbutt combine for cap hit of $5.1 million. Not a ton of savings there for CHI. Sharp AAV $5.9 million.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
... Don'r understand this move at all from Chicago. Might as well trade Sharp for a pick and resign Oduya.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Memo to Bergevin. If Jim Nill calls you, don't pick up!

He'd likely end up with Price and PK for Dallas spare parts and depth players.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I wish we would have gotten Jim Nill..

He got Spezza, Seguin, Ludvig Eriksson, Stephen Johns, Rich Peverley, Ryan Button and Sharp for...

Trevor Daley
Ryan Garbutt
Alex Chiasson
Alex Guptill
Nicholas Paul
2nd round pick
Loui Eriksson
Rielly Smith
Matt Fraser
Joseph Morrow.

That's ridiculous.

Still got a bad defense core and a more than average goalie though.

I would personally not take Jordie Benn in our top 8 even if Jamie would come with it.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
He doesn't exhibit the number one quality we look for in a GM.. so he was eliminated from our hiring pool.

I always liked Nill. Stand up guy that gets things done. He is humble to boot and a really good guy.

He runs a few hockey camps for Hockey Ministries International. I wish he was our GM.

Frankly I am getting tired of always having grinder on our team.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Still got a bad defense core and a more than average goalie though.

I would personally not take Jordie Benn in our top 8 even if Jamie would come with it.

Lol what? the reigning art-ross trophy to have his brother as a bottom pairing d-man or a healthy scratch?

I'd do that without blinking an eye.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I tried biting my tongue, but God dammit, Bergevin. What ARE you doing?

Found him

11466961-Man-at-the-tailors-shopping-for-a-custom-made-suit--Stock-Photo.jpg

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
That's not true at all. We interviewed him and his wife died so he said he wasn't able to work.

But does that make him a serious contender for the job just because he was on thier list?

I don't know if Sam pollock was bilingual but since I started following the habs (since serge savard) all the gms have one trait in common, which nill does not have.

As for the trade, I think sharp's name is worth more than what he can give at this point, but he still would have helped the Habs. Daley is a decent player and I can't find a comparable from the Habs. Beaulieu might be that guy as he develops, but our expendable guys are not of the Daley mould.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad