The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Toronto will be getting some picks at the deadline, very smart what they're doing with these one year contracts.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Toronto will be getting some picks at the deadline, very smart what they're doing with these one year contracts.

First thing I thought when I read about the Mathias signing is 'well, he knows he's not finishing the season there' :nod:

They'll probably move guys like Kadri and Komarov too if they have good seasons and can get big returns.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The Crisp pick is one of the most perplexing picks I can recall. His upside was a fourth liner. We reached on a guy who developed late who didn't even have huge upside. It's not like Vejdemo where we expect him to be a first/second liner if he pans out.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
The Crisp pick is one of the most perplexing picks I can recall. His upside was a fourth liner. We reached on a guy who developed late who didn't even have huge upside. It's not like Vejdemo where we expect him to be a first/second liner if he pans out.

Wanted Duclair so bad. Also wanted Zykov over DLR. Ah well..

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
At the time of the draft, Bjorkstrand was buried on the third line of a very deep Portland team. But if you watched him play, you could tell he had good hockey sense and very good skills. Duclair at the time seemed like a "has all the tools, but no tool box" kind of player.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I guess the memo was moar size!!!!
At least McCarron and De la rose looks like potential NHLer.

I would have taken 100 players over Crisp. Some players that even went undrafted.

The Crisp pick was all about adding size, at the expense of ability to actually play hockey.

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto
Crisp just turned 21...give the kid a chance...Sylvain Lefebrve is a horrible coach and young players will not develop under him. Our prospects are in trouble.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Crisp just turned 21...give the kid a chance...Sylvain Lefebrve is a horrible coach and young players will not develop under him. Our prospects are in trouble.

He was also injured last offseason. I'm sure he'll forever get the Eller/DSP treatment because of who we gave up on to get him. But I do get why people would be mad at passing up on Bjorkstrand.

Crisp has some underrated skill and is built like a truck. If he works on his skating, he could be a great bottom 6er but he'd have to leapfrog a lot of depth.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I'd rather have it that way. GMs don't care about TSN and the likes.

So it mean only TO fans will be disappointed when deals actually happen. :laugh:

They have more power than you think.

2nd,4th + prospect for Winnik was a total hype job by the Toronto media. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad