The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Maybe but it doesn't matter they wont do that. We all know why the kings voided Richard contract and it's not only because of what he maybe did outside the ice.

Had Richard been a top player in the league he would still be a king. Suspended maybe like Voynov but still under contract.

Exactly. We're talking about the premier clutch performer in the league. Barring any sentencing, he'll just go back to winning cups.

Now, if he played for the Habs, he would be traded for an aging Denis Savard in a heartbeat. :scared:

68*

Throw him in jail if he's guilty.

Lock HER up for RAPE if she is bull****ing.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Will they refer to Kane as a thug or is that label only reserved for PK?

Only PK, something.....different about him, ya know? :sarcasm:

I'm gonna wait to see how this case goes before I start making assumptions. At this point we know next to nothing about the situation.

And as always, because I don't want anything to do with the main board: if Kane raped her, the onus is 100% on him. If she lied, she deserves a punishment. And if you go out drinking, stay with your friends and don't get too wasted, it's bad for ye liver.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
During an interview, Higgins said, a detective asked the woman what punishment Doughty should receive.

“She said, `I don’t want him to win the Stanley Cup,”‘ Higgins said.

****ing hell. Sounds like a girl who was upset he didn't call her back.

Suffice to say they dropped the charges.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
NHL set the precedent with Voynov. If Kane is indicted he'll be suspended until the trial is over where they'll make a decision from there. If not, they lose a little more credibility and they don't have enough to be throwing it around like candy.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Source: CTV news.

I just heard/saw on TV that no charges have been laid on Kane...yet.
(there was nothing else mentioned).

I heard the word ''assault'', not rape.
(or maybe I missed the word rape?).
Again...this was from CTV news.

THE TWO BEST NHL TEAMS IN THE LAST 5-6 seasons (or more):
<L.A.: Voynov...Doughty acquitted of charges
<Chicago: Kane in an alleged assault (rape?) case, but nothing seems confirmed yet...too early.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Anyone remember when Drew Doughty was accused of the same thing?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ockey-star-accused-rape-expected-cleared.html

Not sure where to find it but I believe when asked what she wanted as punishment for doughty she said something about taking his name off the Stanley cup.

I guess details will come out but innocent until proven guilty.

Did police really ask her to call her "alleged attacker"!?

****ing hell. Sounds like a girl who was upset he didn't call her back.

Suffice to say they dropped the charges.

I'm operating under the assumption that Doughty didn't do anything wrong (although absence of evidence isn't an exoneration). Still, someone can be vindictive for more serious reasons (like if they suffered a trauma). Best to just hope for both parties to be able to move on from the event mentally sound and a little wiser.

The reality is, as with most crimes, we don't know if there was or wasn't rape, just that there wasn't ample evidence. Doughty was investigated, and since there is no information to suggest the investigation wasn't conducted properly, I accept its results.

Last edited:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

<Chicago: Kane in an alleged assault (rape?) case, but nothing seems confirmed yet...too early.

Law enforcement is probably refraining from using such a damning term as "Rape" until the investigation is complete and they are certain such a crime was committed and charges are laid. For now they are calling it a Sexual Assault investigation because at this point they're not certain.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Law enforcement is probably refraining from using such a damning term as "Rape" until the investigation is complete and they are certain such a crime was committed and charges are laid. For now they are calling it a Sexual Assault investigation because at this point they're not certain.

Sexual assault is the legal term for rape.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011

What is the difference between rape and sexual assault?

Rape is defined as unwanted penetration, whether that is oral, anal, or vaginal. Sexual assault refers to any unwanted sexual contact, including fondling and molestation

http://rapecrisiscnm.org/faq/86-what-is-the-difference-between-rape-and-sexual-assault

Essentially, sexual assault is an umbrella term that includes all unwanted sexual contact whereas rape refers to a specific crime. Rape is always sexual assault but sexual assault is not always rape

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
In Canada, not in the States I don't think.

This is it, in Canada it all falls under sexual assualt, which is treated as a subset of assualt in general. Its difficult to generalize in the United States since they have different criminal law in each state, but they tend to classify the offenses as varieties of rape or sexual assualt.

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If she's a lying ******* trying to get attention/money, lots of people will be angry and Redditors will go crazy.

If he did rape her, the NHL loses a valuable and very marketable star which I kind of happen to like.

Honestly, in both cases, I'll turn out to be upset. Best case scenario is if it had never happen... Ah well, this really sucks overall.

Edit: I CARE MORE ABOUT THE GIRL THAN MONEY

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
If she's a lying ******* trying to get attention/money, lots of people will be angry and Redditors will go crazy.

If he did rape her, the NHL loses a valuable and very marketable star which I kind of happen to like.

Honestly, in both cases, I'll turn out to be upset. Best case scenario is if it had never happen... Ah well, this really sucks overall.

Yes. If he did rape her, poor NHL

Priorities = not selfish at all

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON

What about people being angry if he did rape the girl? Or do we only care about marketability in that case?

If he did do it I will be extremely angry, I don't give a **** about what the NHL would lose.

Do they take him off the cover of NHL 16 tho? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad