The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Ah but Eller final 2 years he makes 4.25 and 4.75. Sutter getting 4.4 in an extension is on par with Eller pay.

Sutter and Eller are very similar players IMO.

Eller cap hit is 3.5... Sutter would be 4.4, difference of 900K, I'll let you do the math and find out how many %% more Sutter would make ;)

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
So a smaller, less talented and worse defensively version of Eller is about to be paid much more than he is to play the same role. Anyone still think Eller is overpaid?

The Benning Effect.

Ah but Eller final 2 years he makes 4.25 and 4.75. Sutter getting 4.4 in an extension is on par with Eller pay.

Sutter and Eller are very similar players IMO.

While Lars Eller gets way too much appreciation here (and way to much hate in other places)... He's a MUCH, MUCH better player than Sutter.

Also, as for Sutter. Is it me, or if he was named, say, Prevost or Ferraro or Lindstrom, nobody would ever remotely think of him as a good defensive player?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The Benning Effect.

While Lars Eller gets way too much appreciation here (and way to much hate in other places)... He's a MUCH, MUCH better player than Sutter.

Also, as for Sutter. Is it me, or if he was named, say, Prevost or Ferraro or Lindstrom, nobody would ever remotely think of him as a good defensive player?

Sutter is also a former 8th overall, when players are drafted high they get like a decade of good will.

Imagine if PK Subban had had exactly the same career he's had but he had been drafted 3rd or 4th overall, he would be considered a god.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Sutter is also a former 8th overall, when players are drafted high they get like a decade of good will.

Imagine if PK Subban had had exactly the same career he's had but he had been drafted 3rd or 4th overall, he would be considered a god.

Ha ha! Very good point!

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

And moreso if he was named Karl Potvin or Pierre Bourque or Pernell Robinson.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Then why does my PK rookie card have him being born on Mount Olympus? :D

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy

Sutter wasn't drafted 8th overall. He was picked 11th overall. Eller went 13th. McDonagh was picked between the two that year.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Liked Marner, Ho-Sang, Quenneville and Carrier in that first. I don't think I heard Strome's name in that period.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah....it's obviously way too soon.....but I have no idea why Arizona picked Strome ahead of Marner....Can't wait to see how Strome would develop 'cause frankly...not only he would have been behind Marner for me, but behind Hanifin and Provorov. And Probably behind Rantanen as well. Debatable if I would have put him behind Werenski too...

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Not saying he's not making the team but Sanheim hasn't looked good in that game outside of 1 occasion perhaps. Little better for Strome but will have to show a lot more.

Yeah....it's obviously way too soon.....but I have no idea why Arizona picked Strome ahead of Marner....Can't wait to see how Strome would develop 'cause frankly...not only he would have been behind Marner for me, but behind Hanifin and Provorov. And Probably behind Rantanen as well. Debatable if I would have put him behind Werenski too...

That's what going by needs will do for you.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Don't forget folks, another game tonight 7:30pm est. :)

Hockey in August is freakin' awesome!!!!

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy

There's also a U17 game going on + 2 more coming up + 1 U18 game (last before the cuts for the Hlinka tournament) going on this afternoon. Fast hockey doing a better job at streaming the games than hockey Canada btw.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

So much this, I can actually watch this one and that alone makes my day, excited to see the Juulsenator. :yo:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The Benning Effect.

I think Sutter is a good defensive player with a pretty decent shot. I don't see how he is so inferior to eller.

Sutter isn't going to run guys through the boards, but he has an effective stick, and he has the knack of being on the right side of the puck.

He will get the tough assignments against the top centres , and I suspect that he will fare just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad