The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I just know you are going to PhotoShop this beauty somehow Blou.....

Was tempted to do something when it happened, but I got lazy ;)

Should have done it, especially since this is the actual pickup ROR was driving:

Ryan-OReilly-Pick-up-Truck-e1436840340280.png

'shooping gold

Nynja*

You know if the Pens or Avs do bad, their fanbases will blame these those two players for not training enough in the off-season.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

And afterwards they went to visit the family of a friend of a friend (who I used to play hockey with... yeah, this town really is that small) who has a terminally ill child, and my brother saw them at Cabot Cliffs (new course in Cape Breton... pretty amazing I guess) when he was there. Guess they were in the foursome behind them, and got to talk to them a bit before they private jetted back to Hali from the new executive airport up there.

Meanwhile, Brad Marchand is drunk dancing on bars. And people wonder why Halifax takes pride in producing Sid/Mac and ignores the existence of the Nose...

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Interesting read about a mini-cult hero during his time in Montreal.

A bit of advice though Christopher: I worked for a short time in journalism prior to a career in education. Your aspirations to perhaps work in journalism Habs-related would be better served if you lay off the DD/Therrien bashing you so often resort to, let alone the rush to judgment questioning you have of management as evidenced in your twitter feed. You want access to the Habs? Act more like a journalist and less like a fanatic. We are all passionate about this team and all have opinions about how/why the team should be comprised - but if you want to make inroads into the journalism career, you have to know when and where you can express such opinions and in ways that will not hurt your career aspirations.
You have some positive qualities as a young writer - keep it up.

Thank you, I'm more trying to get into sports management, scouting, coaching etc... I'm writing to currently help myself open up all fields as its really hard to get any sort of break!

I appreciate the input, thank you!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Man Pacioretty is gonna get paaaaaaaiiiiidddd

With the raising cap, he'll probably be worth around 9M by the time he needs to be resigned.

Price will be more intriguing. With the recent contract to Lundqvist/Bobrovsky/Rask, he could be pushing the 10M as well at that point...

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm inclined to think that Pacioretty is unlikely to be worth 9 million ...

But his production could explode once he's no longer held back by Desharnais.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

we're seeing 60 pts players signing for more or less 7M now... so in 2 or 3 years, if he gets closer to 70, or even surpass it... it's possible.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

How naive do you have to be to think Pacioretty is "held back" by Desharnais... I have no issue with people saying DD has no impact on his offensive output. But him holding back Pacioretty? Come on. What do you think Pacioretty would do without Desharnais? Score 65 goals?

As for Voracek, no implications on Pacioretty. Not at all in fact. The guy was a top scorer in the league this season. Pacioretty has yet to do that. I also think the Flyers were sharp to sign him to such a deal. This guy would've cost a leg and an arm in the offseason.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
How naive do you have to be to think Pacioretty is "held back" by Desharnais... I have no issue with people saying DD has no impact on his offensive output. But him holding back Pacioretty? Come on. What do you think Pacioretty would do without Desharnais? Score 65 goals?

As for Voracek, no implications on Pacioretty. Not at all in fact. The guy was a top scorer in the league this season. Pacioretty has yet to do that. I also think the Flyers were sharp to sign him to such a deal. This guy would've cost a leg and an arm in the offseason.

Keep in mind that Max is on a deal right now that has him "underpaid" vis-a-vis his peers.

By his next contract, provided he simply maintains his current level of play/production, I'd expect him to expect a deal that makes him one of the highest paid LW's in the league... And he'll find some team willing to pay him as such should he hit the UFA market.

Every deal that gets signed btw now & his next contract has a huge implication on his eventual contract. To argue otherwise ignores how contract negotiation unfolds.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...there are 4 players in the entire League that have scored as many goals as Patches has in the last 4 years...so yes, Voracek's contract does impact Pacioretty's next one...

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Agreed. Even with an elite playmaking center I don't think Pacioretty's goal totals would jump much at all considering 99% of his goals are his own doing, mainly from shooting off the rush.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Agreed. Even with an elite playmaking center I don't think Pacioretty's goal totals would jump much at all considering 99% of his goals are his own doing, mainly from shooting off the rush.

Even though his goal total might not change much, I think Pacioretty could be a PPG player playing on a more well-rounded line that doesn't solely depend on him scoring goals. Loved the change we saw in his game when he played with Galchenyuk and Gallagher. He more well-rounded offensive, dishing the puck as much as he shot it. He's an underrated passer...not a world beater, but he has good hockey sense to see the openings.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Pacioretty will easily command $8m IMO. We could probably get him for less AAV if it's an 8 year deal where the money is less in the final 2-3 years, though.

8-8-8-8-8-7-6.5-5.5 or something like that.

As for Patches-DD, I think Patches is just good enough that he carries DD. I don't think Patches will score more than 40 goals in a season BUT if he played with someone like Chucky, his point totals would be higher thanks to higher assist numbers.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Price + Patch combined will be making around $23-25 million between them.

Good luck with that one Bergevin. Galchenyuk will be looking for a new contract around then too.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Even though his goal total might not change much, I think Pacioretty could be a PPG player playing on a more well-rounded line that doesn't solely depend on him scoring goals. Loved the change we saw in his game when he played with Galchenyuk and Gallagher. He more well-rounded offensive, dishing the puck as much as he shot it. He's an underrated passer...not a world beater, but he has good hockey sense to see the openings.

I think his assist totals would increase if he played with a better shooter than Desharnais, sure. But then his goal totals might take a hit too - there's only one puck out there, after all.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Unless Price takes a big discount he'll easily command in the $9.5m ballpark.

It's why I'm on the line of thought that our cup window is open as long as Patches and Price are on their current deals, because soon, not even including Chucky and assuming they take the minimum of their worth, we'll have $26m tied up in 3 players (Subban-$9m, Price-$9m, Patches-$8m). Again, that's assuming they take the minimum of their true value to stay with the Habs. I can see Price doing it, but Patches has played on a discount for so long that he'll be looking to get paid. That's also assuming any new deals don't have lower $$ for later years, too.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Price + Patch combined will be making around $23-25 million between them.

Good luck with that one Bergevin. Galchenyuk will be looking for a new contract around then too.

If both Price and Pacioretty still deserve 23-25M together by then, and Galchenyuk deserves a contract that puts us in cap trouble, we'll have won a Stanley Cup.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
People also have to realize that we will have rookies on the ELC's by that point.

And deadweight like DD, Emelin and others off the books.

GMs plan for this. Especially MB.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If both Price and Pacioretty still deserve 23-25M together by then, and Galchenyuk deserves a contract that puts us in cap trouble, we'll have won a Stanley Cup.

Not really. Those contracts for Price and Patch are simply for what they are doing now. What their market worth will be in 3 years. And they're not winning any cups now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad