The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Eller is better than Bonino at every aspect of hockey. Most of Bonino's points in Anaheim came on the PP, where he would not play here. In Vancouver his numbers weren't great considering the amount of minutes he got. Only the Sedins played more.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Eller is better than Bonino at every aspect of hockey. Most of Bonino's points in Anaheim came on the PP, where he would not play here. In Vancouver his numbers weren't great considering the amount of minutes he got. Only the Sedins played more.

Vrbata played more as well.

Bonino played 13:05 ES TOI/GP and made 34 ESP. Not bad production. Apart from the first line with Sedins and Vrbata he led the rest of the team.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He mentioned a couple weeks ago that there are 5-6 teams interested, but there is a definite cap crunch involved with some of the teams.

It made me think that the teams he really desires out of that group have to make other moves to fit him in, and that he is betting on the dominos to fall. It was also clear that he is sick of short term deals, and this market is being really stingy with term.

It's a tough year for the UFA players.

It's definitely a buyers market this year with the cap situation. We saw that in trades and the extremely fair deals on July 1st which is unusual based off recent history.

Guys like Franson who were probably looking to cash in are definitely hurting (of course, his play in Nashville didn't do him any favours.).

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
Ya that's why he sucks in the playoffs, because he's been overworked lol. If I had a penny for every time i heard that... He must of been overworked the past 15 years cause he still hasn't had a single decent playoffs after all this time. Has never ever matched his regular season play in the playoffs, not because he's overworked but because he's got no playoff gear. Great regular season player but playoffs aint for him. I might be wrong but i think Subban already has more playoff points than Markov in almost half as many games :laugh:

You have 0 clue what you're talking about.

The guy had 10 points in 17 games in 2014 playoffs. Last year was underwhelming, but I think maybe he was overworked a lot last season and in the playoffs. But to say "he sucks in the playoffs" is a gross over statement.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
You have 0 clue what you're talking about.

The guy had 10 points in 17 games in 2014 playoffs. Last year was underwhelming, but I think maybe he was overworked a lot last season and in the playoffs. But to say "he sucks in the playoffs" is a gross over statement.

I wouldn't say he sucks, it's hard to look good against a playoff team every game, but he's always been somewhat underwhelming compared to his regular season game. In the regular season, he can be a game breaker on some nights.

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
Pittsburgh is definitely all in this year. If they don't win or go to the finals, I think Malkin is gone and from what he said, Montreal is the only team he'd want to play for other than Pittsburgh.

Dream come true, Montreal vs. Pittsburgh in the ECF, we win go to the finals and trade for Malkin in the off season and become perennial cup contenders for years to come :yo:
Ok maybe far out but that's what dreams are for!

Where did you hear this? This is news to me.

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
I wouldn't say he sucks, it's hard to look good against a playoff team every game, but he's always been somewhat underwhelming compared to his regular season game. In the regular season, he can be a game breaker on some nights.

Markov? Gamebreaker? Maybe an over exaggeration.

Productive? Definitely. PP QB and has a good shot too IMO. The guy is probably tasked with shutdown minutes especially now with Gorges gone (notice that he scored 10 points in 17 games last year while PK and Gorges shut down the other team's offense)

realtalk11

Oct 7, 2013
:laugh:lol friendly twitter fights

image111.jpg

image222.jpg

image3.jpg

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Nice piece! Very cool that you've had access to Budaj and many others. Thanks for the link - I enjoyed reading it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That's pretty funny. Nate can hold his own in an argument -- maybe he should start posting here.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
That's pretty funny. Nate can hold his own in an argument -- maybe he should start posting here.

As long as we doesn't state it's him he's fine. I don't remember seeing Brian Savage back since he was asked like a million questions. :laugh:

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
http://allhabs.net/up-close-with-pe...backup/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hi Habs fans, I wasn't too sure where to put this but I wanted to share my interview with former Habs backup Peter Budaj.

Please take a read and share thoughts. Thank you!

Interesting read about a mini-cult hero during his time in Montreal.

A bit of advice though Christopher: I worked for a short time in journalism prior to a career in education. Your aspirations to perhaps work in journalism Habs-related would be better served if you lay off the DD/Therrien bashing you so often resort to, let alone the rush to judgment questioning you have of management as evidenced in your twitter feed. You want access to the Habs? Act more like a journalist and less like a fanatic. We are all passionate about this team and all have opinions about how/why the team should be comprised - but if you want to make inroads into the journalism career, you have to know when and where you can express such opinions and in ways that will not hurt your career aspirations.
You have some positive qualities as a young writer - keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad