The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Regardless.. S. Kostitsyn was a 7th round pick. He had a GREAT wrist shot, good puck-handling, EXCELLENT vision, he was physical and when he wanted to, he was great defensively.

Problem was his attitude, he would get lazy and inconsistent. That being said, he was a great player for us and could have been so much more. Ridiculous we lost him for absolutely nothing.

Agreed. There was a hell of a player there. One in a long line of carnage in this town who never met expectations and were dumped.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Getzlaf and Perry, what are their excuses for not cracking the top 10?

Both of them missed a lot of games. Getzlaf was on pace for more points than Henrik. Not to mention the Ducks were first in the conference, played against backup goalies a lot less and they didn't have a consistent LWer to play with all year.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Totally minor, but you Wonder why the heck would Nashville trade Beck to Toronto for Jamie freakin Devane....minor trade....but huge win for TO in there. No idea why Poile did this...

I don't think much of Beck as a prospect anymore but he's certainly got more upside than Jamie Devane. Must be something related to Beck's arbitration filing, I would have to think? Doesn't make sense to me either.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Both of them missed a lot of games. Getzlaf was on pace for more points than Henrik. Not to mention the Ducks were first in the conference, played against backup goalies a lot less and they didn't have a consistent LWer to play with all year.

Lol ownage.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't see Tlusty as an improvement over a Hudon, Ghetto etc. He had 1 good year and has been pretty subpar the rest of the time. Not a player I'd take a chance on. Thankfully it's from Ek so we know there's a 98%+ chance it won't happen.

Semin on the other hand...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
So... Stepan is going to arbitration!? Let's trade DD for Stepan's rights

:sarcasm:

Honestly though, I don't know the numbers that have been discussed but could we possibly offer them a trade and sign Stepan longterm?

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I couldn't not repeat it :

Going straight into Tim Horton's is quite dumb, especially for a rather skilled forward like him, considering Horton's been dead for over 40 years by now.

68*

What a ****ing dumbass. If you're gonna drive drunk at least don't crash into something.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Regardless.. S. Kostitsyn was a 7th round pick. He had a GREAT wrist shot, good puck-handling, EXCELLENT vision, he was physical and when he wanted to, he was great defensively.

Problem was his attitude, he would get lazy and inconsistent. That being said, he was a great player for us and could have been so much more. Ridiculous we lost him for absolutely nothing.

We basically got a week of Dan Eills and Dustin Boyd who's only real contribution was in Hamilton. They should have at least get a pick back in the deal. The tools were there.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I couldn't not repeat it :

Going straight into Tim Horton's is quite dumb, especially for a rather skilled forward like him, considering Horton's been dead for over 40 years by now.

The irony every time someone drives drunk and crashes into a Tim Horton's isn't lost on me.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
So no GM in this league was willing to give either of the "Bum Brothers" a contract? How surprising :sarcasm:

Should tell you something about what you guys really know and how it sounds relevant for an NHL GM.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So no GM in this league was willing to give either of the "Bum Brothers" a contract? How surprising :sarcasm:

Should tell you something about what you guys really know and how it sounds relevant for an NHL GM.

Please give us quotes of all GM saying they were not interested. Maybe the price was too high, they didn't want to go to said city or they only got offered camp tryouts.

We'll probably never know. All we know is that the KHL offer was better in their eyes.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It sure looks like MB is set on giving a youngster a spot if they seize it.
It seems he is content going into the season with the current top 2 centers...
Let's hope Price repeats his past season heroics...

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It sure looks like MB is set on giving a youngster a spot if they seize it.
It seems he is content going into the season with the current top 2 centers...
Let's hope Price repeats his past season heroics...

Why?

I hope he doesn't so the team, coaching staff, and management team gets exposed for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad