The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
It sure looks like MB is set on giving a youngster a spot if they seize it.
It seems he is content going into the season with the current top 2 centers...
Let's hope Price repeats his past season heroics...

Price repeating his heroics is a HUGE gamble. Put it this way, even if he has a GOOD season we're in trouble with this foward group as it stands. And it's not realistic to think that he will be able to repeat it year in and year out.

I do hope that MB has set a roster spot aside for a young gun as you suggest.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It sure looks like MB is set on giving a youngster a spot if they seize it.
It seems he is content going into the season with the current top 2 centers...
Let's hope Price repeats his past season heroics...

Or maybe just a better season from the teams forwards would suffice

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

this is the stupidest thing i've ever read

Well....it's his own version of Moneyball.....We don't need to replace Damon...we need to replace his on-base percentage.....So they don't need to replace those guys...they need to replace their goals! They did! :sarcasm:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Well....it's his own version of Moneyball.....We don't need to replace Damon...we need to replace his on-base percentage.....So they don't need to replace those guys...they need to replace their goals! They did! :sarcasm:

he watched Moneyball and Mr.Bean in the same night and got both logic mixed up

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

Beleskey will not repeat his 22 goals. I'm sure of that. He will score 10-15 goals.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
For a guy who played like 20 years in the league he's surprisingly clueless about how the game works apparently :help: . Goals aren't like on base percentage Don, they really aren't...

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
In fairness (Sweeney is still a moron) lucic is overrated now

If they kept him they'd be overpaying him based on his past

The Hamilton trade is hilarious though :laugh:

and we can make fun of belesky signing but he would trample most of the Habs soft forwards

Last edited:

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I think Scherbak has more upside than SK had but maybe not 'quite' as much as AK. AK could've been an absolute beast. I think he could've been damn near a 40/40 player.

AK seemed/seems more skilled but he was also built like a tank. Scherbak has a height/reach advantage and seems a bit quicker.

Scherbak's bulking up though is very interesting. I didn't think he'd bulk up that much that quick. If he ends up north of 210 he could be mighty scary. The good thing is Scherbak seems to have it between the ears.

God I hope Galch and Scherbak reach their potential.

AK had no brains, no footspeed, no footwork to set up his release, no character, was dommed on the boards every single play. He looked like a "tank" cuz of those late hits after the puck was gone, but he got outmuscled every shift and showed no willingness to be hard on the puck. Horrible draft pick. Especially when you consider that a franchise BIG, RIGHT-HANDED, CANADIAN CENTERMAN was there for the taking (exactly what Gainey said he was looking for...).

The Hawks are the only team to win a Cup with as many Euros as they have, but they don't have AK type players, they have Hossa (ANOTHER guy we missed in the draft), Hjalmersson, Kruger, Oduya, Rozsival.... warriors.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
In fairness (Sweeney is still a moron) lucic is one of the most overrated players in the league

If they kept him they'd be overpaying him based on his past and the reputation the hockey media created for him It was smart to trade lucic and the Kings overpaid

The Hamilton trade is hilarious though :laugh:

and we can make fun of belesky signing but he would trample most of the Habs soft forwards

Well he can trample them all he wants he still isn't worth the money he got from them. He'll be Bickell 2.0.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The Hawks are the only team to win a Cup with as many Euros as they have, but they don't have AK type players, they have Hossa (ANOTHER guy we missed in the draft), Hjalmersson, Kruger, Oduya, Rozsival.... warriors.

What about the wings?

Lidstrom, Kozlov, Larionov, Holmstrom, Fedorov, Eriksson, Fetisov, Konstantinov, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hudler, Samuelsson, Franzen, Filppula, Kronwall,

Or Colorado?

Forsberg, Kamensky, Ozolinsh, Gusarov, Krupp, Hejduk, Skoula, Nieminen.

Devils?

Holik, Sykora, Elias, Nemchinov, Brylin, Mogilny, Malakhov, Tverdovsky, Zelepukin, Albelin.

Pens?

Malkin, Sykora, Fedotenko, Satan, Gonchar, Jagr, Samuelsson, Hrdina.

NYR?

Zubov, Kovalev, Tikkanen, Nemchinov, Karpovtsev.

Last edited:

phoque taupe

May 15, 2010
Montréal
I couldn't not repeat it :

Going straight into Tim Horton's is quite dumb, especially for a rather skilled forward like him, considering Horton's been dead for over 40 years by now.

ryan-oreilly.jpg

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
OK now. This quote by Sweeney is something.

A GM should know better than that. But hey, he's the Bruins's GM so... :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad