DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
giphy.gif

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Just to add to the circus-like atmosphere, maybe the Kimels have merged with another which is why some have said there are now 3 groups instead of 4?

clown-juggle.gif

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Nah Ryan Reynolds dropped out in order to secretly purchase the exclusive rights to film the behind the scenes of the sale behind GSP, who are now manipulating various media members to cause extraordinary mayhem.

Jamie Salter runs ABG
"Road to Nowhere" the sequel we've all been waiting for

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Makes those non-binding bids in November feel like a waste of time no?

Reminds me of a basketball game--just need to watch the last 10 min.

God i hope this is the last 10 min of this process. We need to move on with this process and get some stability back with our team/brand

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder if this is dragging on because there's another evolving detail, the Lebreton development plan. So the Remington group didn't get a window to stall the bidding process to negotiate exclusively with the NCC. It's likely all groups have been talking with the NCC, and the picture is resolving to the point that the bidders can more confidently set their bidding price ceiling.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Not a good look Ian…not a good look…

Side note: I don’t recall mendes ever being involved in the ‘breaking news’ territory so this is uncharacteristic of him

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Ian has taken a hit during this whole process in my opinion. Shockingly, Brucie has been more reliable.

Reactions: Ouroboros

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Nobody f***ing knows anymore, and the people in that bidding process don't know either because this shit is ran by monkeys.

Can't wait for the 30for30 doc on this.

Reactions: Senscore

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Made it all of 3 hours. Oof.

Still wonder who these inside 'sources' could be. Ian's sure put a lot of faith in them through this whole process.
To be fair, it could be a case of sources on the league side that know how the bids are ranked telling Mendes they just don't see Kimmel as having an acceptable bid rather than Kimmel dropping out. And since then, perhaps Kimmel found the new partner to get him back in the running.

Who knows, I just want this to end already.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Well if some of the reporting is to be believed that would have cost them a $50mm deposit.

Which is insane by the way - to have nonrefundable money up when the seller can continue to play the bids off against each other lol.
I think Ian is saying, Kimels are out, not because they dropped out, but bid rejected. So won’t lose his 50 million.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Not a good look Ian…not a good look…

Side note: I don’t recall mendes ever being involved in the ‘breaking news’ territory so this is uncharacteristic of him

He's been pressured into it, imo. He had a curiosity-shop piece about Snoop joining Sparks. Then fans accused him of playing favourites.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Shocker he doesnt want to overpay for the franchise by 80%. He actually wants to pay market value and have some money left over to run the team and build an arena.

Why is it that sens fans want the team to sell for so much? It wont help the on ice product. The team couldnt even operate at a profit at 400 million.

Real estate aspect or not 1 billion makes no sense on any level when you have to build an arena that will cost another 600 million. Pittsburgh just sold with a new arena for 950 million.
The arena is now 13 years old, but ya fairly new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad