Confirmed with Link: The Ottawa Senators Sale - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
I'm hearing the Kimels were last place but took a pit stop, re-upped, and are now leading. GSP now looking throwing it back into Sparks/Steve A's court. Only 400 laps to go.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I’d be surprised if anything happens today, as this is usually Gary’s presser day and also media day.(or it on game day)
Unless Gary announces it, As part of his state of the union.
So if happens during finals, likely on one of the days, there is a 2 day break.

Last edited:

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Not a good look Ian…not a good look…

Side note: I don’t recall mendes ever being involved in the ‘breaking news’ territory so this is uncharacteristic of him
He took a job at The Athletic. Clicks and subscriptions are priority numero uno now. It's unfortunate but that's the business.

I miss TSN 1200 Ian.

Reactions: SensHulk and Masked

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Well we knoooooooooow where we're goin, but we don't know, where we've been
Regarding downtown...

There's a city in my mind
Come along and take that ride
And it's all right, baby it's all right
And it's very far away
But it's growing day by day
And it's all right, baby it's all right

How about GSP going over the bids...

I'm checking them out
I'm checking them out
I got it figured out
I got it figured out
There's good points and bad points
But it all works out
You know I'm a little freaked out

(and on and on and on)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mingus Dew

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He took a job at The Athletic. Clicks and subscriptions are priority numero uno now. It's unfortunate but that's the business.

I miss TSN 1200 Ian.

I really don't think it's that. I just think he's not particularly well sourced on this story, and unfortunately for him it has been the dominant story for months.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Upfront funding lol?

The f*** does that mean? It's an acquisition you kind of need the funding all at once.

Some sales, especially big ones like this, are paid out over the course of months or years. Could be like 200M quarterly or something.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Some sales, especially big ones like this, are paid out over the course of months or years. Could be like 200M quarterly or something.

I would be shocked if this was the case. Seller financing aint gonna happen here.

I think they are saying, more money down than in loans I assume, than other bids.

Maybe. Completely different things though.

Reactions: Game 7 Meltdown

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Well, if they can get close to Steve A. in "upfront" money or whatever, it kind of seems like a no-brainer for the league, no? Unless they like that Steve is going at it alone I guess.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
So I'm away from my phone for a few hours and if looks like we lost the Kimels but then got them back and are now exactly where we started this morning.

Ha ha ok then.
They also got some freak to partner up with them so it looks like they might be in the lead.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Makes you wonder if the "credible sources" Ian mentioned were from a specific bid that he has a line into...

Seems odd to report something that you so quickly admit may not actually be at all true.
Starts with N and ends with Eko Sparks

Reactions: Blotto71

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
This is one of the quickest 'it's so over/we're so back' transitions in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad