Confirmed with Link: The Ottawa Senators Sale - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
You probably wouldn’t use a surety bond for a big M&A transaction like this. You’d need to backstop the bond with something anyhow. Cleaner to just put the money in escrow.
Yes, not sure how applicable procedures from other industries would be as I mentioned. But, the terms of the escrow and return of money/deposit would have be spelled out. That's a pretty obvious statement of course. As an aside (partially, maybe mostly) if its a performance bond, all of the contract terms would need to be performed & fulfilled otherwise the insurance company takes over delivery, OR the contractor pays all costs and damages. So, in that sense, it's backstopped.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
It will be completed within next two weeks. Player's grapevine rumor. Smith will be gone right away. Dorion will probably hire a new coach. Cat will resign.

I just don't see how a rumour like this could be accurate. The only way it makes sense is if that is going to be Dorion's recommendation once the sale is completed.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
While New York-based sports banker Galatioto Sports Partners (GSP) continued to push the sale of the club towards the finish line, a new name emerged as being part of one the four groups left in the process.

The talk amongst the bidders is Toronto billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos, who had the highest bid at $1 billion (all figures U.S.), is in the driver’s seat, but it’s still anybody’s ball game.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Timelines have been difficult to predict, but those involved in the process believe an announcement will be made next week by GSP, the Melnyk estate and National Hockey League one way or another.
Hell yeah.

It’s legitimately hard to tell if they’ve made any progress at all over the last 3 weeks.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Gotta feel for Ian here. His stock dropped form most reputable reporter on the team to someone a few knocks above the Twitter guys
Yep, this whole story and delay is a shit show and highlights the worst of todays journalism. Even if there’s no story, they have to put out a story, Ian can’t escape that reality of the job right now. But imo Ian’s got more talent and integrity than anyone else covering the sens, brighter times ahead for him I’m sure. He’s earned some patience and benefit of the doubt on this whole fiasco, his peers are all scrambling as well.

Sun God Nika

Apr 22, 2013
This is such obvious bullshit lol. Guy sees the few reports by legit sources and just rewords it to seem like he's in the know as well, which I guarantee he is not.

Guy is like 17 I highly doubt he has people leaking billion dollar transaction details to him

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Napoleon Complex is overcompensating for short size. It has nothing to do with lying about success. Think people who buy giant trucks who don't use them to compensate.

Napoleon was very succesfull for a while. This dude is obscenely rich and I assume that his short stature is a big part of what drives him. Nothing wrong with that either.
As someone who is short, I think you may be overthinking how much short people think about their shortness - just a tad.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Sparks has little to no chance? Better get a refund on his online French lessons.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Allan Walsh has a bone to pick with the league and more specifically Bettman. Understandable that he would take that stance

Also dude’s an idiot

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....

Please, no more government hand-outs. This province is letting private interests tap into our public service too much already. No funding of any arena development, period.

you cannot control it.. They may be a lot of things, stupid is not one... these will be announced early in political terms.. then we have 2-3 years to forget.

We were screaming bloody murder over covid.. everyone got re-elected.

We will see.... in 2-4 months, new arena plans will be unveiled. Office towers and parking lots will be part of it.. and in 2-3 years, announcements that; this or that office is moving in. I am guessing that mostly municipal office will be there.. with some minor provincial and Federal.. More municipal services: library, pool, public health office and so on.

I guarantee you, you and the rets of us will at some point have no choice but to go there for some service.

It will be curious to see if some watch dog group highlights it...

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I think that the only thing that we know with any certainty is that negotiations are ongoing. Everything else is just noise!

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
you cannot control it.. They may be a lot of things, stupid is not one... these will be announced early in political terms.. then we have 2-3 years to forget.

We will see.... in 2-4 months, new arena plans will be unveiled. Office towers and parking lots will be part of it.. and in 2-3 years, announcements that; this or that office is moving in. I am guessing that mostly municipal office will be there.. with some minor provincial and Federal.. More municipal services: library, pool, public health office and so on.

I guarantee you, you and the rets of us will at some point have no choice but to go there for some service.

It will be curious to see if some watch dog group highlights it...
Plans will take much longer than 3-4 months. If LeBreton is chosen plans could be developed while ground cleanup happens.
Don’t see anything municipal going there, with the Feds putting up 40% of their buildings for sale.
Don’t see any government funding for project other than infrastructure.
The size of the parcel of land is too small for what you want to build.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
if everyone agree with you, they would not have been re-elected. They were. Guess what, a lot of people disagree with you.

This deal will only be a failure if it turns out the league’s model is to add local government funding to its valuation model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad