Confirmed with Link: The Ottawa Senators Sale - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Plans will take much longer than 3-4 months. If LeBreton is chosen plans could be developed while ground cleanup happens.
Don’t see anything municipal going there, with the Feds putting up 40% of their buildings for sale.
Don’t see any government funding for project other than infrastructure.
The size of the parcel of land is too small for what you want to build.
Which is something I've always found interesting if there were bidders who had a decided real estate/land development aspect & focus to their bids. Can't be easy to put a fixed price on something if you're not sure what you're getting if you win. This could have been nailed down of course, but we just don't know this along with many other things. The fact that Remington had a developer in the partnership and pulled out though was a reason to wonder though.

Reactions: Loach

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Errrrrr….I’ve never interacted with Allan Walsh anywhere yet went to twitter to watch the chaos only to find I’m blocked!

serious question, is it possible he just blocked a Sens twitter list I’m on?
A shame, it’s probably hilarious in there.

• Haha
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is such obvious bullshit lol. Guy sees the few reports by legit sources and just rewords it to seem like he's in the know as well, which I guarantee he is not.
I don't know about that, he has access to a lot of insiders in the Senators hierarchy as does Gord Wilson & Dean Brown. They ride around with the team for almost every game, they are constanty around the team & management at the arena & Gord & Bruce are always called upon for questions & release notes. They also have access to the players/coaches & the players/coaches talk among each other, they just have to be careful what they say.

They use each other for information to get their narative out first before someone outside beats them to it or delivers a different narative. It's interesting to watch the relationship between these guys at development camps, they basically get along, but at the same time use each other & they both know it. I imagine evry team has a few reporters that are used by the team to get their info out first to get ahead of any story. These reporters also have to be careful that they don't lose their priviledges with the team & their access.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
Errrrrr….I’ve never interacted with Allan Walsh anywhere yet went to twitter to watch the chaos only to find I’m blocked!

so far it's mostly people dragging Gary B. and asking for the inside scoop. there is this one tweet for what it's worth.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010

Guy known for sucking up barnacles off of Garrioch's underbelly now seems to be making a considered effort to get in nice with Kypreos. Interesting🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
As
Sens are popular again. How they are being described has not changed much.

This is a really stupid tweet.

Bettman was literally bending over backwards for Ryan Reynolds and was pretty much begging all interested parties to include RR in their bids.

Ryan Reynolds took an independent decision and hitched himself to Remington, a group that has a history of flaking on the NHL at the last minute and did it again with the Sens. Remington should be blacklisted from bidding again on any team in the future as far as I'm concerned.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
How can this sale process not be considered anything but a shit show? The rumoured sale price is f***ing absurd, especially considering a new arena needs to be built rather than the price including a newly built arena. The vetting process sounds like total amateur hour, see: the Sparks group. The final bidding date turned out to be a soft deadline. The parties are constantly adding new names to their bids as this drags on. The process has blown past any expected deadlines for identification of a winning bid. We've all but guaranteed that there will be no changes at the front office or coaching level because of the timing of the sale. We have no idea when there will even be whispers of a downtown arena and, at this point, it's likely our contention window closes before that arena is ready.

This is embarrassing.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Honestly, nobody knows shit, what a waste of time to trust these reporters. People need to chill out, it's a huge purchase and decision, things happen slowly.

But, we all want news and it'd be nice if it happened quickly so we can make the appropriate moves in the summer. Hopefully it's done soon.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There is some talk about the Bayview Yards being an interesting place to build a new arena without having to deal with the Federal Government. Although they would still need to deal with the city of Ottawa which might be more ready to make a deal with the Sens than the Watson regime every were & less bureaucracy than ther Feds. They could also own the land instead of leasing which might be something that interests bidders. Seems like a pretty good spot.

It's a big piece of property, it's near the LTR & there may be a couple of other ways in & out of the area. Little Italy is close by, ChinaTown is close by, Westboro is close by & downtown is close by. Maybe the City gives it away at a cheap price to keep the team in Ottawa & makes up the cost of the land in other ways, taxes, LTR ...

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018

Perhaps Walsh's skin is as thin as the blade on his sword.

For some unknown reason I've been blocked by Methot on twitter for a few years. No reason why as I've never interacted with him / tweeted at him, almost never tweet, nothing controversial. It's the only person I'm blocked by. I don't care, but it is both odd and slightly amusing.

All I can figure, as when Melnyk went off the rails, I posted a bit of a Melnyk rant. At the time, Methot was licking Melnyks boots, as he wanted a job with the organization., so my 1 tweet rant hurt his sensitive eyes.

A lot of oversensitive snowflakes on twitter.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
While New York-based sports banker Galatioto Sports Partners (GSP) continued to push the sale of the club towards the finish line, a new name emerged as being part of one the four groups left in the process.

The talk amongst the bidders is Toronto billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos, who had the highest bid at $1 billion (all figures U.S.), is in the driver’s seat, but it’s still anybody’s ball game.
Mixed metaphor!!! If Stevie is in the driver’s seat, then it’s: “but still anyone’s race”… ;)

heheh

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
As someone who is short, I think you may be overthinking how much short people think about their shortness - just a tad.
I didn't say all shorter people are complexed by their size.

I said I think that insanely rich dude who looks like he's 4'11 probably is because ultra rich people aren't normal.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
So the Flames could have had a primary influence on this, not the first time in recent memory that Albertan interests have held this area in a paralyzing hostage holding situation.
Really had to walk a mile to deliver that one.:allears:

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
How can this sale process not be considered anything but a shit show? The rumoured sale price is f***ing absurd, especially considering a new arena needs to be built rather than the price including a newly built arena. The vetting process sounds like total amateur hour, see: the Sparks group. The final bidding date turned out to be a soft deadline. The parties are constantly adding new names to their bids as this drags on. The process has blown past any expected deadlines for identification of a winning bid. We've all but guaranteed that there will be no changes at the front office or coaching level because of the timing of the sale. We have no idea when there will even be whispers of a downtown arena and, at this point, it's likely our contention window closes before that arena is ready.

This is embarrassing.
Why are Sens fans so over dramatic all the time? You don't sell a sports franchise like you sell a used car. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad