Confirmed with Link: The Ottawa Senators Sale - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Apr 22, 2013
Well I was conflicted between Kimmels and Weeknd vs the Apostolopoulos group.

I am 100% on the Stevo train now. We don't need another cost conscious owner.

Sparks won't win. So the new ownership is Andlauer vs Apostoloplous

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
NHL probably wants Andlauer (one of us one of us gooble gobble) or else I imagine Steve would have won by now.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Probably because he left his team in a mess, weeks before camp.
Was going behind Sakics back, and wanted more powers.
People learn from their mistakes. That was a while ago, I like his pedigree, his passion and ability to hold his players accountable. He will get results that's what this team needs.

Sun God Nika

Apr 22, 2013
NHL probably wants Andlauer (one of us one of us gooble gobble) or else I imagine Steve would have won by now.

I can't see Andlauer and partners outspending Steve A. It makes no sense for the owners to hurt the valuations of their assets by letting the sens sell for 100-150M under the top bid.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
what a shit show this process has become. NHL, the sens, and GSP are playing a dangerous game. Better hope other suitors don’t drop and you’re left with no bids (that was always a possibility the longer this dragged out)

What’s sad is how exciting this was supposed to be with all the various groups and celebrity power to boost our team and city…just a letdown all around

Reactions: Oduyanow

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Maybe there was some truth to this. Could they have dropped out?

Well if some of the reporting is to be believed that would have cost them a $50mm deposit.

Which is insane by the way - to have nonrefundable money up when the seller can continue to play the bids off against each other lol.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well if some of the reporting is to be believed that would have cost them a $50mm deposit.

Which is insane by the way - to have nonrefundable money up when the seller can continue to play the bids off against each other lol.
Exactly, the idea that they dropped out is insane.

I understand sunk costs and all that but come on.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Andlauer doesn’t want to bid 1 billion therefore he will run the team on a budget and be Melnyk 2.0. At least that’s what some people made up in their minds :laugh:

Will be interesting to see whether Kimels pulled out or if they were dropped by GSP.
Shocker he doesnt want to overpay for the franchise by 80%. He actually wants to pay market value and have some money left over to run the team and build an arena.

Why is it that sens fans want the team to sell for so much? It wont help the on ice product. The team couldnt even operate at a profit at 400 million.

Real estate aspect or not 1 billion makes no sense on any level when you have to build an arena that will cost another 600 million. Pittsburgh just sold with a new arena for 950 million.

Sun God Nika

Apr 22, 2013

They still have a binded bid until this concludes however they wont pursue it anymore meaning their offer wont go any higher which puts them out of the running.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

There is no way its non refundable unless its a firm deal.

Reactions: Six Assets

Emerica

May 29, 2010

From my understanding the 50m deposit was only non-refundable if the group was given preferred bidder status and couldn’t close the deal. Which wouldn’t be the case here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad