Confirmed with Link: The Ottawa Senators Sale - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Womp womp.

Feel free to crucify me, or at least draw and quarter.

We know you'd never intentionally mislead us.

This is just a gongshow, plain and simple. At this point on this specific issue if somebody "knows" something, they either never had a full picture or things once again changed.

It'll happen when it happens I guess. One day. Soon. I hope. Please.

PlayItAgain

Jan 18, 2005
One thing is clear to me, the NDAs are working. 99% of the leaks so far seem based more on conjecture and opinions, rather than anything factual.

Reactions: Game 7 Meltdown

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
When I have trouble picking between two choices, I flip a coin to decide. I know immediately what the right choice is based on whether I’m relieved or disappointed. Maybe they should try that.
Nice trick!

I’m so f*cking numb to this process now. From exciting to circus to just pick someone already. I check in here twice daily but nothing surprises me anymore. Reporters throwing shit against the wall, this process is locked down and drawn out. It will be an interesting story. Some day.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The NHL and BOG are in no hurry to my estimation. I’d assume the Melnyk daughters want those extra couple hundred million. The finals are on and they have other priorities as well with possible expansion and the RSN’s turning into liabilities.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
As crazy as this process is...the real insanity will be dealing with the NCC and trying to get a new arena downtown. I have a feeling the city and NCC are rubbing their hands together in anticipation of trying to squeeze a big fish of whatever pennies they have left after the sale.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You know it's gotten really bad when even the Twitter insiders have given up trying to predict, err I mean report, when this sale is going to happen.

Sun God Nika

Apr 22, 2013
As crazy as this process is...the real insanity will be dealing with the NCC and trying to get a new arena downtown. I have a feeling the city and NCC are rubbing their hands together in anticipation of trying to squeeze a big fish of whatever pennies they have left after the sale.
Sens are getting a arena in Lebreton but it would be the NCC land, much easier to get there through Bayview yards with negotiating through the city.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....

At this point the NCC just wants something built on LeBreton that has some semblance of justification for keeping those lands vacant for decades. They might be cautious because of the Melnyk-Ruddy debacle but they want an NHL rink and a showcase neighbourhood around it on the site.

Assen na yo!

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
One factor is I wonder who needs a team downtown more - the team who at least already has a home or the city who wants to revitalize the core or the NCC who had hoped for a bit more than some condos on the flats.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Probably Andlauer since he would have surely crossed paths with Roy during his time with the Canadiens. Also being a goalie himself… probably was a big fan back in the day.

I do think that Roy and Tkachuk would be a very good pair. The intensity would be awesome.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
lnVFEj.gif

If there's a city / team that could draw out or mess up a process like this, it's Ottawa. Fingers crossed for the best.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Bruce confirms the new owners will have no say in the draft or early free agency... I find that interesting, but I guess not surprising

I remember, back in early December, when it became publicly known the Senators were for sale, some people were anticipating an ownership change by mid January, and immediately following the acquisition of the franchise, DJS and PD would be shown the door.

It was kinda funny that somebody would think this type of transaction would only take a month to 90 days…. I think most people would have agreed that the matter would be settled by now, and I would have been in that group.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
One factor is I wonder who needs a team downtown more - the team who at least already has a home or the city who wants to revitalize the core or the NCC who had hoped for a bit more than some condos on the flats.

At this point, I think the city needs it more. Not just an arena, but a downtown entertainment centre and nightlife spot. Probably even more so now with covid causing the push to WFH.

More I think of it, that secondary site by the Queensway works well. Wouldn't be able to travel there to the market like the Flats proposal, but the area is big enough to set up a really nice group of businesses that can stand on their own on non-game nights and also bring a bit of oomph to the city. Also opens up the entirety of the Flats for condos and a few small stores. We really do need more housing all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad