Confirmed with Link: The Ottawa Senators Sale - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Yeah ive been banging the Doug Wilson drum for a while if we move from Dorion. He apparently had discussions with Toronto so he could be waiting for the right opportunity to jump back in, assuming he is back healthy.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Kipper is one of the lobbiest for Antopolousolous to invest $1B on the team. I would have a huge issue with Kypreos coming in as GM, but his 30+ years in the league will be handy. Anyway, it’s baseless assumption at this point, all we know is that he is engaged to (potentially) the highest bidder with deep pockets.

I have no issues with him serving as an advisor during the sale process, or even after the sale. He seems like a good, well connected guy.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Kipper is one of the lobbiest for Antopolousolous to invest $1B on the team. I would have a huge issue with Kypreos coming in as GM, but his 30+ years in the league will be handy. Anyway, it’s baseless assumption at this point, all we know is that he is engaged to (potentially) the highest bidder with deep pockets.

Dude Peter Chierelli has more years of experience and actually won something. Does that mean you want him here as a GM?

Years of experience ≠ quality.

Just because a person has been in something for so many years, doesn’t mean he is/was/ would be good at it.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Yeah ive been banging the Doug Wilson drum for a while if we move from Dorion. He apparently had discussions with Toronto so he could be waiting for the right opportunity to jump back in, assuming he is back healthy.
They can just bring him on as president for now (the POHO search is still on!). Having him in the organization in any capacity would be great. He never won the Cup but the Sharks were right in the mix for over a decade.

Reactions: Silencio

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Dude Peter Chierelli has more years of experience and actually won something. Does that mean you want him here as a GM?

Years of experience ≠ quality.

Just because a person has been in something for so many years, doesn’t mean he is/was/ would be good at it.

Someone with experience sucking ≠ experience isn't valuable.

We need someone who can come in and hit the ground running. I don't think it's unreasonable to have concerns over a possible POHO who'd be learning that much on the job.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
A league executive told this newspaper Wednesday it could take anywhere between 60 and 90 days to close the deal.

That means the party chosen, whether it’s Apostolopoulos, Andlauer or the Kimel family, may not get the keys until just before training camp in September.

Is this year shaping up into another "big excuse"?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Got lucky the way the Sharks bottomed out rather unexpectedly.. landing Stutzle.

Where would Ottawa's rebuild be without Stutzle.. and having a more middling first rounder. Dorion has to thank his lucky stars with that 2020 draft.
It was a ton of luck for sure, it wasn't meant to be all Swiftwin "seeeeeee? Dorion is amazing and my only joy in life is telling everyone on HFSens that they are wrong about everything" ;)

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
Love it. Maybe they'll drop a bid every 2-3 weeks and we'll know who's getting it by August.
I think we should do it American Idol style. Each week, a bidder presents their case on T.V, turns to the camera and makes that little heart symbol with their hands and begs you to call the appropriate 800 number to vote for them.

side note. if Ian is correct, I don't see Neko being one to drop out; I don't think that's in his religion.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
I think we should do it American Idol style. Each week, a bidder presents their case on T.V, turns to the camera and makes that little heart symbol with their hands and begs you to call the appropriate 800 number to vote for them.

side note. if Ian is correct, I don't see Neko being one to drop out; I don't think that's in his religion.

IM says "... being dropped", not "dropping out".

Reactions: Senator Stanley

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
How is this still going on?

Guess buckle up for another year of Dorion and DJ.

28eb8f89-bb35-4e9c-995f-ab164ca72860_text.gif

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Get all four groups on the Weakest Link. 1 show per week.

"You are the weakest group, goodbye."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad