The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There's no point atm. Nobody wants to hear speculation about trying to sign our pending UFA's. I know I only care to hear from him again when they've either been officially signed or traded. Anything else to discuss doesn't feel important until Stone, Duchene & Dzingel are sorted out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens Vader

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
the Senators came out a year or so ago and made the claim that they didn't feel reporting on the team was balanced. There's probably some legitimacy to that claim. We don't need a world full of Garrioch's but on the other hand why give certain media types the time of day?
The reporting around the team isn't fair. But it goes the other way that Melynk and Dorion feel. The media is really easy on them and doesn't properly report on the severity of the situation the team is in on and off the ice. They tow the company line and smear whichever is the next player out the door due to budget constraints on que without fail.

The reason the team went after reporters is because Melnyk sits around all day watching Fox News and feels the the Ottawa media should treat him the way Fox and Friends treat Trump. The large majority of media in the city is complicit with the disaster playing out.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
But like... we need some action.
There should be 4 items dealt with in the next 71 days.

Stone sign or trade - I think signed by mid Jan.

Duch sign or trade - I had thought sign for sure but some recent signs make me unsure.

Dzingel - likely trade

Ceci - likely trade

All 4 should be removed over the next 10 weeks.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
There should be 4 items dealt with in the next 71 days.

Stone sign or trade - I think signed by mid Jan.

Duch sign or trade - I had thought sign for sure but some recent signs make me unsure.

Dzingel - likely trade

Ceci - likely trade

All 4 should be removed over the next 10 weeks.
If he’s going to let THOSE actions do the talk then we’re in trouble.
Except that last one.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Dzingel is a guy we can sign and should sign imo. Positives;

We’re thin at LW to start,
a legitimate 20-30 goal scorer,
26 years old,
He’s likely taken in the Seattle expansion draft anyways.

Ceci should definitely go. We have lots of D coming up and there’s always a very good UFA available every year. One who might compliment Chabot/Wolanin better.

I wonder if we could package Ryan with Duchene? We almost did with Karlsson. I’m sure if we took back a roster player or two...

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
OK Dorion here’s some options for you.

Option 1: Sign all of Stone, Duchy and DZ that are willing to sign and max out our budget trying to keep this same mediocre team together.
Option 2: Let then walk, something i wouldn’t put past you.
Option 3: Trade them. Embracing the rebuild, it will be painful to watch Colorado pick an elite prospect but we will be set up nicely the following year to take a run at Lafreniere and we will get good assets for them.
Your move, Pierre.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
the awkward moment when "throw in" Francis Perron has more points than Balcers

Man, that was just the cherry on the top of the turd of a trade. Perron didn't get much opportunity when he was here. And surprise surprise he actually is pretty good when given a chance. The "throw ins" are what usually bug me the most in Dorion's trades. He got played by Wilson.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Fracis Perron? The FP? Lol really? Haaa

The only worry I have is Norris not wanting to Canada, Francis pffft I doubt 23 year old Francis takes the NHL by storm next year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Perron is a legit prospect that Dorion didn't give a chance. As soon as Perron was written off by Dorion on TSN1200 his play crashed probably due to the fact the GM was stubborn on Perron being a AHL depth guy and writing off his junior accomplishments. Even after Junior Perron came into the rookie tourney producing and started his B-Sens career producing as well.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I still believe no deal gets done and we have another roster purge by the deadline.

We talk like it's even up to Dorion to re-sign these guys. We still have no idea if Melnyk is willing and able to back these deals and they would be the largest deals in franchise history, let alone being handed out simultaneously. If the no numbers being exchanged part is to be believed, then maybe Dorion doesn't even know what he has the green light to offer yet.

I have no faith these deals get done, but if they do, i'm willing to bet that both Dzingel and Ceci are gone plus any other money that can be moved out.

I see no way Dzingel stays at this point. If Stone and Duchene sign, there'll be no money left. If one or both don't sign, then Dzingel will have much more appealing, competitive situations to go to in the summer.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Perron is a legit prospect that Dorion didn't give a chance. As soon as Perron was written off by Dorion on TSN1200 his play crashed probably due to the fact the GM was stubborn on Perron being a AHL depth guy and writing off his junior accomplishments. Even after Junior Perron came into the rookie tourney producing and started his B-Sens career producing as well.

Or he never gained weight and couldnt handle grown men in the AHL. He might make the
NHL but I doubt he sticks. I'm sure Dorion talking on the radio didn't make him forget how to hockey.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

The only worry I have is Norris not wanting to Canada, Francis pffft I doubt 23 year old Francis takes the NHL by storm next year.
There’s no way Norris won’t sign in Ottawa. He’s not going to play four years in college

And yeah Perron is not an nhl caliber prospect

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He’s BTs best friend, it’s not likely hes not on the team next year in my opinion.

He will likely sign after his college season is done.

Not sure if being Brady's best friend really matters that much. In any case, it was just a unsubstantiated rumour out there and most likely not true.

Perron is young,is ppg, and leads his ahl team in points. in what universe is Perron not an nhl prospect? im not even saying hes going to make it. but not an NHL prospect? laughable take

You have to realize who is writing the take here. FTF doesn't have a great track record.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Same career path as Hoffman and Dzingel. He was outstanding in jr too, but the regular ridirick from you. Defend the organization at all costs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Perron is young,is ppg, and leads his ahl team in points. in what universe is Perron not an nhl prospect? im not even saying hes going to make it. but not an NHL prospect? laughable take
He's only not an NHL prospect in the eyes of someone with specific agenda when they post. I am sure the same posters said Sorenson wasnt an NHL prospect too.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Or he never gained weight and couldnt handle grown men in the AHL. He might make the
NHL but I doubt he sticks. I'm sure Dorion talking on the radio didn't make him forget how to hockey.
Well he seems to not be having much issue right now.

We shouldn’t have traded him (I don’t think he’s a star in the making or anything) but our coaching staff was horrible last year in the ahl. How can anyone be properly evaluated with those buffooons in charge.

Other GMs always get dorion to agree to some dumb stuff like this. I mean. Sharks convinced him to send them a 5th for their 6th lmao. Like, did they convince him that boedker was better than Hoffman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad