The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The embattled GM, a monumental task lies ahead. This market is ready to move on, but Duchene and Stone have to get signed for that to happen.

If it costs Dzingel, so be it.
Dzingel is a nice to have but not at any cost. Pick the term and number you can live with and offer it. No negotiation, if he turns it down you move him. My suggestion is 4 x 3.75M.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
If we lose Dzingel it's not the end of the world, Ottawa has Formenton coming back next season & Chlapik who can play centre or LW in Belleville. They should move both UFAs in Paajarvi & Pyatt leading up to the deadline to add some picks since they can also be replaced from within at slightly cheaper salaries. Paul should probably be on the team full time next yr & IMO Brown should be knocking at the door next season too.

If they can't re-sign Ceci or Dzingel, they should be able to trade both for a substantial return to add to the young talent they have & are accumulating. I would not go after a defenceman like Garner though, he is another soft D who doesn't play defensively any better than Ceci. Might as well keep Ceci or keep the bigger, tougher defencemen in Harpur & Jaros in the lineup who have the size & strength to punish NHL forwards.

Who is Garner?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
bingo

the sens would be a real good team if they still had karlsson and possibly hoffman or a better return for hoffman with all the youth

The reason Craig Anderson wanted out is because he didn't want to deal with drama. Hoffman wasn't coming back no matter what and Dorion appears to have gotten a solid return for a guy who wasn't gonna sign here. There was no way.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The reason Craig Anderson wanted out is because he didn't want to deal with drama. Hoffman wasn't coming back no matter what and Dorion appears to have gotten a solid return for a guy who wasn't gonna sign here. There was no way.
He got a worse return cause he waited till the whole league knew he was in a position of weakness

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Dzingel is a nice to have but not at any cost. Pick the term and number you can live with and offer it. No negotiation, if he turns it down you move him. My suggestion is 4 x 3.75M.
Continuously developing talent then letting them loose. Ottawa is a farm team for the rest of the league as usual

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Continuously developing talent then letting them loose. Ottawa is a farm team for the rest of the league as usual
Not sure I get what your point. What does not over paying for Dzingel have to with your comment.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Not sure I get what your point. What does not over paying for Dzingel have to with your comment.
Let's see the Sens want to get faster and more skilled. So in turn we trade away our fastest players such as Hoffman Karlsson and now dzingle?

If dzingle put up another 20 goals then pay him his worth

Reactions: Cosmix

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Let's see the Sens want to get faster and more skilled. So in turn we trade away our fastest players such as Hoffman Karlsson and now dzingle?

If dzingle put up another 20 goals then pay him his worth
Absolutely. 4 x 3.75 IMO is his worth. He’s a 2nd / 3rd line tweener who is somewhat a liability in his own end.

Last year, his best year, he was 82nd in goals and 176th in points. This year during his torrid start he is 46th in goals and 92nd in points. I like Dzingel but this team has overpaid for average for far too long. Smith 3.25, Pageau 3.4 on and on, make an offer but don’t be afraid to move on.

Reactions: DrEasy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Absolutely. 4 x 3.75 IMO is his worth. He’s a 2nd / 3rd line tweener who is somewhat a liability in his own end.

Last year, his best year, he was 82nd in goals and 176th in points. This year during his torrid start he is 46th in goals and 92nd in points. I like Dzingel but this team has overpaid for average for far too long. Smith 3.25, Pageau 3.4 on and on, make an offer but don’t be afraid to move on.
Pageau is not overpaid and dzingle is a 2nd liner. Are you living in the 2015 salary cap era?

Dzingle is a better offensive talent then Smith ever was. Smith put up goals with stone

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Dzingel is getting 5M. Easily.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Pageau is not overpaid and dzingle is a 2nd liner. Are you living in the 2015 salary cap era?

Dzingle is a better offensive talent then Smith ever was. Smith put up goals with stone
Career high 41 points is not a 5M player. Dzingel is getting overrated like most Sensbwho aren’t public whipping boys.

Pageau is overpaid next year at 3.4 but that’s because our dumbass owner. Dorion and Murray before him have used escalating contracts to keep costs down.

Reactions: aragorn

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

:huh:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
(When you no longer have any new argument to defend Dorion/Melnyk, you revert to grammar police)

I've never "defended" either, I sometimes can see the other side of an issue, and present a POV that is not in line with yours ....... assuming all your opinions are correct and therefore anyone who does not agree is wrong.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Definitely. Need to just turn Dzingel into the best long term asset they possibly can. That has to be the focus going forward on expiring contracts until the rebuild is over. I'd prefer a young cost controlled Dman for Dzingel but the best prospect or highest pick needs to be priority.

If Dzingel is the sacrificial lamb for us to sign Stone and Duchene. Then so be it.

Especially if we can deal him for a top 4 guy. I'd try to package him and Ceci for a better defender, although that might have to be to a team that's not in playoff position.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Dzinger is already at 11 goals through 25 games. His production will only increase, assuming he stays on the Duchene line and Batherson continues to improve, both fairly sure bets. If he's at 25 through lets say 60 games (around the deadline), someone will offer up a nice package for him. Like a late 1st. Maybe a decent prospect.

I'd love it if we could keep him. I think he is a very good compliment player to the Duchene/Batherson combo. But if we do need to trade him to keep Stone and Duchene, so be it.

I'd package him with Ceci. To a contending team with a little bit of cap space. Buffalo or Columbus?? Philly if they pick it up?? NYI would be ideal if they're still playing well come Feb.

Dzingel + Ceci + 6th for Ho Sang and their 2018 1st???? or am I dreaming?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
As I have said before,Zing is someone I would love the team to keep around..But his contract also is one that can be risky for us,what is he really worth???We can overpay for him easily

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
"Should" he keep this pace and score 36 goals and end up with 62 points, as he is currently on, he will be getting well over 5 million.

Hoffman got 5.2 million his back-to back 20 goal seasons (27-29), as an RFA, in 2016. Should he have done that as a UFA, his deal would have been much higher

Dzingel is doing that as a UFA, of course he is going to command 5+ million, how close to 4.5 - 5+ he actually get depends on how much he slows down. If he doesn't slow down, he will be traded.

Last edited:
Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
"Should" he keep this pace and score 36 goals and end up with 62 points, as he is currently on, he will be getting well over 5 million.

Hoffman got 5.2 million his back-to back 20 goal seasons, as an RFA, in 2016.

Dzingel is doing that as a UFA, of course he is going to command 5+ million.
Yep these are some really good numbers ,at 60 some points he could go over 6 mil ...That just seems a little scary

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

We spent a 7th on Dzingel and will probably trade him for at least a 2nd. Do you really want to give him 30m + long term? Why? He's gonna be a 3rd liner on our team before too long, he's a good and solid player but he's not a special player by any means.

Reactions: aragorn

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I've never "defended" either, I sometimes can see the other side of an issue, and present a POV that is not in line with yours ....... assuming all your opinions are correct and therefore anyone who does not agree is wrong.

Ahhhh, so you admit your just here to be contrary and tick people off. You embody the spirit of Eugene Melnyck

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Ahhhh, so you admit your just here to be contrary and tick people off. You embody the spirit of Eugene Melnyck
Loves the way Melnyk runs the team.
Loves the moves Dorion makes.
Loves all the coaching decisions.

Definitely doing his best to take the contrarian point of view on everything.

What are you going to do when Melnyk finally has no other choice but to sell and every single person listed above is kicked to the curb??

I guess resorting to defending Boro and Ceci is next, but I think you may have already played that card?

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Loves the way Melnyk runs the team.
Loves the moves Dorion makes.
Loves all the coaching decisions.

Definitely doing his best to take the contrarian point of view on everything.

What are you going to do when Melnyk finally has no other choice but to sell and every single person listed above is kicked to the curb??

When his boy Melnyck is gone he’ll always have grammar to correct.

Reactions: BatherSeason
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad