THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
It's hard to take you seriously when you're talking about scoring points. It's a hockey fight, Rempe won. It's really not rocket science, it's funny how you seem to be the only one struggling to understand.

These two quotes are hilarious next to each other.

1. It's a metaphor for having success during a fight, it isn't that complex and I really shouldn't need to explain this one.

2. What is hilarious is you stating that "I'm the only one who doesn't understand that Rempe won" and then immediately proceeding to quote a post referencing a poll on the main board in which significantly more people voted that Rempe lost the fight.

While I would never share a poll as evidence that somebody won a fight(I shared to showcase poll variance) we can certainly use it to conclude that outside of this Rempe fanboy echo chamber there are a plethora of individuals that are clearly also "failing to understand" that Rempe "won" the fight.

Do better

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
Seems like this guys 15 minutes are just about up. Does he go to Hartford this week?
Doubt it. The Rangers have 4 days off and he declined a fight against Florida so there's nothing to talk about since the Reaves fight. It'll start up again when he fights the only guy on the Blues who wants to go with him: Jordan Binnington

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Doubt it. The Rangers have 4 days off and he declined a fight against Florida so there's nothing to talk about since the Reaves fight. It'll start up again when he fights the only guy on the Blues who wants to go with him: Jordan Binnington
That would be awesome, Binnington has such a punchable face. Alas, Rempe will probably lose to him, too. :(

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Ban hitting first. The low hanging fruit is fighting but is much overstated with what fighting is in 2024.

It seemingly leads to head trauma at a greater rate, though, and isn’t as fundamentally a part of the game.

Banning driving would save more lives, but seat belt laws are an easy way to eliminate the most dangerous incidents, for example.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

fUFQwsg.jpeg

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This league is so lawless. They don’t care about rules. They have a new reasoning each time there’s a call to make.

One of these years they are going to completely botch the Stanley Cup winner on a call they came up with a new interpretation of a rule.

All season long they’ve called everything that could possibly be considered a goal as a goal, and then they don’t change the call unless there’s conclusive evidence.

They managed to decide that now when you make a goal call you don’t need to have conclusive evidence to overturn it you only need to go with your gut or something.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
This league is so lawless. They don’t care about rules. They have a new reasoning each time there’s a call to make.

One of these years they are going to completely botch the Stanley Cup winner on a call they came up with a new interpretation of a rule.

All season long they’ve called everything that could possibly be considered a goal as a goal, and then they don’t change the call unless there’s conclusive evidence.

They managed to decide that now when you make a goal call you don’t need to have conclusive evidence to overturn it you only need to go with your gut or something.
The soft league only wants midget twinks scoring, they can't handle a CHAD like Rempe BULLING UP and running over the league.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyHagelin

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Except there was conclusive evidence on that play. Nice rant though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Except there was conclusive evidence on that play. Nice rant though.
Show me every frame there is that you can't see white.

I saw replays and I couldn't tell if the puck crossed or not.

Remember, initial call was a goal, so you need conclusive evidence there was no goal.

The soft league only wants midget twinks scoring, they can't handle a CHAD like Rempe BULLING UP and running over the league.
It wouldn't surprise me if they decided that they weren't going to give him a goal because they think they made a mistake in hindsight not suspending him for his hit on Lybushkin last week.

I don't think they are above that type of logic.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Show me every frame there is that you can't see white.

I saw replays and I couldn't tell if the puck crossed or not.

Remember, initial call was a goal, so you need conclusive evidence there was no goal.

It wouldn't surprise me if they decided that they weren't going to give him a goal because they think they made a mistake in hindsight not suspending him for his hit on Lybushkin last week.

I don't think they are above that type of logic.
You just answered your own question if you can’t tell, then you didn’t see white and it didn’t cross.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You just answered your own question if you can’t tell, then you didn’t see white and it didn’t cross.
Doesn't work that way.

If you call it a goal, you need conclusive evidence it was not a goal.

I need to be sure I don't see white to call it no goal. If there's doubt over whether I can properly determine from these frames whether I can see white, there's not evidence to overturn it.

The NHL made up a new standard on this goal, as they do for most goals.

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
I had a few concussions in my life playing hockey/f***ing around on ice without skates that f***ed with me for years. One was so bad I had to crawl out of my bed to get food, and I couldn't stand up because my head hurt so bad. Memory issues and anger issues for a few years as well.

As hockey fans, we have been robbed of some of Crosby's prime years because of concussions. Why we out here cheering for a guy who is most likely getting CTE at 22 at the pace he's going.
Even if he loves it tbh .

Love to see guys forecheck hard, hit hard, finish checks consistently and fight when refs don’t call the game properly. The ‘fighting tour’ or ceremonial fights are goofy.

Hate the fights after clean hits as well but I get the emotional response to having a star blown up, which is now an expected fight.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Doesn't work that way.

If you call it a goal, you need conclusive evidence it was not a goal.

I need to be sure I don't see white to call it no goal. If there's doubt over whether I can properly determine from these frames whether I can see white, there's not evidence to overturn it.

The NHL made up a new standard on this goal, as they do for most goals.
None of what you're saying makes any sense. It's always been clear, you need conclusive evidence that it crossed the goal line for it to be a goal. Not the other way around.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Strangle

May 4, 2009
He literally lost the hfboards poll on who won the fight, Rangers fans seem to point to polls as evidence that somebody won a fight, yet Delauriers soundly beat him in a hf poll voted on by over 100 posters.

The Oliver fight was a mauling, Rempe landed zero offense and was out on his feet sporting a face that would make Delauriers look like Brad Pitt in the 90's by comparison.

Oh, god please don’t ever use hfboards poll results to bolster any argument

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Oh, god please don’t ever use hfboards poll results to bolster any argument
It's pretty good evidence that there are other people who believe Rempe lost the fight. It doesn't mean they are right to believe that but it is evidence that they believe it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Seems like this guys 15 minutes are just about up. Does he go to Hartford this week?

Dude's a good 4th liner. If he played the exact same way without the fights you wouldn't get snide remarks about his play. He'd just be a pretty effective 4th liner who forechecks well and has size with good skating ability. There are many FAR worse 4th liners than him, I should know considering we've had many of them this year alone.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
None of what you're saying makes any sense. It's always been clear, you need conclusive evidence that it crossed the goal line for it to be a goal. Not the other way around.
Link that you need conclusive evidence it’s a goal after you call it a goal?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
From a Rangers perspective of forward prospects we have Rempe 6'8 240 lbs. and Edstrom 6'7 235 lbs. already getting their feet wet in the NHL and probably both making the team next year. We also have 6'7 Dylan Roobroeck 61 points in 62 games in Oshawa OHL. I was kind of thinking if we didn't go with a D with our 1st rounder (which would probably be best) that 6'7 Dean Letourneau (kind of in the late 1st early 2nd) might be an interesting pick. We just keep loading up with these huge monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad