THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
I thought the game had moved away from this type of player. It's entertaining, no doubt. But I feel for the kid, he knows he's there for one reason, and it seems like he has to do it every night.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He lost, you don't ignore takedowns in a hockey fight either, this isn't MMA, but it certainly isn't a kickboxing match either, it's a fight.

If your opponent overpowers you and takes you to the ice, that isn't a negative on him, that scores points. Delauriers outlasted Rempe, landed some solid shots and then landed the takedown, I give him the nod.
It only scores points for those who need to hand out a W or L to players and justify a reason to swing a vote. The takedown was meaningless and was at the end of a slug fest. There is no way you look at that fight and grade it on a take down. You absolutely ignore takedowns when it was done in a meaningless way to end a slug fest.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Yea he can't do that either, because you have idiots like Deslauriers who pulled his leg out from under him during the fight almost causing him to land on his head. So he needs to keep the helmet on.
Maybe he'll wear a face cage as well? This way he can fight and not be afraid that someone punches him too hard.

Stuff like that is what separates true tough guys from goon wannabes. Making sure he has some additional protection fighting with half a foot height advantage :thumbu:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe he'll wear a face cage as well? This way he can fight and not be afraid that someone punches him too hard.

Stuff like that is what separates true tough guys from goon wannabes. Making sure he has some additional protection fighting with half a foot height advantage :thumbu:
Hmm...not the same but good try?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
It only scores points for those who need to hand out a W or L to players and justify a reason to swing a vote. The takedown was meaningless and was at the end of a slug fest. There is no way you look at that fight and grade it on a take down. You absolutely ignore takedowns when it was done in a meaningless way to end a slug fest.

Taking your opponent down is never meaningless, Delauriers had more left in the tank and ended the fight with the advantage.

You don't ignore takedowns simply because they don't fit your narrative, Rempe was outlasted and lost the fight at the end, not simply based on the takedowns but the work that was being done to close the fight on the feet as well.

If the fight is even on the feet and one scores a take down to end the fight, I'm scoring for the guy who took his opponent down over the guy who was dropped on his back every time. Put the palms down and try to be objective, this isn't boxing.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Taking your opponent down is never meaningless, Delauriers had more left in the tank and ended the fight with the advantage.

You don't ignore takedowns simply because they don't fit your narrative, Rempe was outlasted and lost the fight at the end, not simply based on the takedowns but the work that was being done to close the fight on the feet as well.

If the fight is even on the feet and one scores a take down to end the fight, I'm scoring for the guy who took his opponent down over the guy who was dropped on his back every time. Put the palms down and try to be objective, this isn't boxing.
Going for a takedown is in opposition to trying to throw punches: it is not something to be celebrated and has never been something celebrated by hockey fight enthusiasts. It is not used to determine the winner of a hockey fight and, yes, who wins a hockey fight is more like boxing.

In this clip, you would say Galley is the winner of the fight since he body slams Chelios while never throwing a punch while standing. In reality, Galley looks like a bitch for high-sticking Chelios and then deciding to tackle him versus trading punches. This is a draw since no punches landed and Galley can't win a fight without throwing a punch.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Rempe is playing tonight?????

I was assured he had been fined 6 trillion and suspended for 612 games. Or was that the Devils game he got suspended for? Yeah. That was the one. In that one he was fined z9 trillion and suspended for 1118 games. I think it got reduced on appeal to absolutely nothing and that’s why he played against the Leafs. Must have won another record appeal to play again tonight

I can’t keep up with how many times he has been suspended and fined thus far.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
“Fighting’s not dead”

Well it’s on life support if something like that is considered a good fight. Two guys afraid to take a punch, scrabbling around punching pads until they just abruptly stop and peacefully separate.

They shouldn’t stop the game for sideshow crap like that.

Calm down Lesnar.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheelhockey

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Rempe is playing tonight?????

I was assured he had been fined 6 trillion and suspended for 612 games. Or was that the Devils game he got suspended for? Yeah. That was the one. In that one he was fined z9 trillion and suspended for 1118 games. I think it got reduced on appeal to absolutely nothing and that’s why he played against the Leafs. Must have won another record appeal to play again tonight

I can’t keep up with how many times he has been suspended and fined thus far.
Pretty sure they just can’t physically stop him from playing because he’s too powerful

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Going for a takedown is in opposition to trying to throw punches: it is not something to be celebrated and has never been something celebrated by hockey fight enthusiasts. It is not used to determine the winner of a hockey fight and, yes, who wins a hockey fight is more like boxing.

In this clip, you would say Galley is the winner of the fight since he body slams Chelios while never throwing a punch while standing. In reality, Galley looks like a bitch for high-sticking Chelios and then deciding to tackle him versus trading punches. This is a draw since no punches landed and Galley can't win a fight without throwing a punch.

I'm not sure where you delcared you had the authority to speak for "hockey fight enthusiasts" across the globe, but I'm one and have always taken takedowns into account at the end of a fight. If you physically overpower someone and unwillingly take them off their feet, plant them on their back that is absolutely something that should be taken into account when judging a fight.

Your link doesn't work but based on the description is a terrible analogy for a fight where both opponents had a relatively even exchange on the feet for around 1 minute before Rempe gassed, was hit and then wrestled to the ground to end the fight.

When all things are even, you give it to the guy who scored the takedown, point blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad