THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
From a Rangers perspective of forward prospects we have Rempe 6'8 240 lbs. and Edstrom 6'7 235 lbs. already getting their feet wet in the NHL and probably both making the team next year. We also have 6'7 Dylan Roobroeck 61 points in 62 games in Oshawa OHL. I was kind of thinking if we didn't go with a D with our 1st rounder (which would probably be best) that 6'7 Dean Letourneau (kind of in the late 1st early 2nd) might be an interesting pick. We just keep loading up with these huge monsters.
I don’t think you’re off there, but you can’t have too many of them. Most of them aren’t going to skate that well. You need players who are good in smaller spaces. Letourneau is the most skilled of all of them, but I don’t think we can have have more than two of them in the lineup at once, so something will have to give with these NBA sized players.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Dude's a good 4th liner. If he played the exact same way without the fights you wouldn't get snide remarks about his play. He'd just be a pretty effective 4th liner who forechecks well and has size with good skating ability. There are many FAR worse 4th liners than him, I should know considering we've had many of them this year alone.
Has a horrible time anticipating the play. Hockey IQ is really bad

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

He's played like a half dozen NHL games and has positive analytics and forechecks well. What else do you want from a 4th liner? He's not a 1st liner. Bottom line is, no one would be trashing him if he didn't fight a bunch of dudes and played exactly the same.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Except it isnt. For a 21 year old AHL rookie he's playing very well.

People like seeing people fall and the fact that some kid no one's ever heard of made noise by fighting a bunch of guys created a group of haters that want to see him fail and the narrative is that the guy just sucks and is only there to fight.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Hey look Devils fans who have no clue what they're talking about putting laughing faces on posts. :rolleyes:

P.S. No one said he was a star. He's an effective 4th liner on a team that's had a lot of ineffective 4th liners.
devil fans are still mentally unbalanced from Rempe's 15 second reign of terror as is their GM who traded for a heavyweight that plays 3 mins a night and takes at least one minor in those scattering of mins. That is an example of a BAD 4th liner.

But that's irrelevant, what's important is to develop and retain cheap, effective 4th liners and it's a plus if they're willing to drop the gloves like Rempe.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Trent Frederic spent his first year or so chasing the puck like a mighty midget but hes settled in.

Give any 21 year old at least 80 games or so imo. As long as they can hit and be defensive aware, let them get their 4th line minutes.

A lot of talk (hype and gripe) for a 4th line 21 year old 6th rounder.

Im rooting for the dude.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
People like seeing people fall and the fact that some kid no one's ever heard of made noise by fighting a bunch of guys created a group of haters that want to see him fail and the narrative is that the guy just sucks and is only there to fight.
He's a Ranger. That's why there are haters who want to see him fail. Get real. If he was EXACTLY the same but played for some small franchise no one cared about like Jersey or something there would be far less haters.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
He's a Ranger. That's why there are haters who want to see him fail. Get real. If he was EXACTLY the same but played for some small franchise no one cared about like Jersey or something there would be far less haters.
IDK man .. I havent read all 52 pages but Id guess half is Rangers fans irrationally pumping this guy up and half is non rangers fan irrationally deflating the balloon.

Big market is a double edge sword, cuts both ways.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
IDK man .. I havent read all 52 pages but Id guess half is Rangers fans irrationally pumping this guy up and half is non rangers fan irrationally deflating the balloon.

I only saw the last few pages and it seems like a lot of Rangers fans saying he's fine for a 4th liner. Not exactly what you are saying.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024

To a degree you are correct, getting the top billing in the Sunday Pittsburgh gazette or whatever doesn’t have the same cache as back page of the ny post.

Nobody (or almost) is agitating for Rempe to move up from the fourth line.

Nobody is calling him an all star.

We see an effective player with a fun to watch skill set that is driving other teams to distraction. The kind of player that turns a 4th line into a weapon on a cup contender (remember The Grind Line?). The Rangers haven’t truly rolled four solid lines for a long time, and (according to the metrics) in large part because of Rempe now they are.

Reactions: Neil Racki

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
2nd on the Rangers in corsi rel & xGF% since his call up. Scored a goal, scored a disallowed goal, and got an assist that should’ve been his goal lol. He is far more productive than Mika Kreider & Kakko at even strength.

For the people claiming he’s some slow oaf who can’t skate:
wJt8Lm5.jpeg

Reactions: HolyHagelin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad