THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I love the fans who need to try and justify a W or L, like it even matters in a pretty even fight like that. Seriously, what difference does it even make who got the slight W? Is it a big insult to the guy throwing down that he slightly lost a fight, or a chest pounding achievement if they slightly won the fight?

The point is you have yo deal and answer to these players. Whether your tough guy wins or loses. The team still has to deal with these players.

Neither one of these players randomly grab players and start swinging. So props to them both for actually confirming to throw down before having to do it.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Grourde clearly jumped before the hit and was suspended before which meant he was a repeat guy....

1-Rempe clearly jump before the hit too. When both of you feet leaving the ice at 6'8, sorry you just cant tell he was not jumping

2- its his 7 game in NHL, we dont talk about a guy who play 300-400 and like the 1st timr he doing somrthing wrong

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
1-Rempe clearly jump before the hit too. When both of you feet leaving the ice at 6'8, sorry you just cant tell he was not jumping

2- its his 7 game in NHL, we dont talk about a guy who play 300-400 and like the 1st timr he doing somrthing wrong
His right foot was on the ice when the hit started., anything else after that is irrelevant.

if Gourde was not a repeat guy maybe he isn't suspended at all or maybe just fined. History matters even if Rempe is a rookie.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
His right foot was on the ice when the hit started., anything else after that is irrelevant.

if Gourde was not a repeat guy maybe he isn't suspended at all or maybe just fined. History matters even if Rempe is a rookie.

when his right foot touching the ice for leaving the ice 0.1 second later changing nothing ... his 2 feet leaving the ice. Whatever if his feet leaving the ice before, at the same time of after thr impact, thats still considerating like jumping... thats changing absolutly nothing

Rasmus andetsdon get 4 game for an illrgal charging to the head of Laine and he still get at least 1 feet touching the ice when the hit started and it will be pretty easy to find a lot of similar hit who had been suspended.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
He killed Lyubushkin with a clean hit and knocked him out of the game.

I'd call that about as effective as any 4th liner can be
A clean hit? I don't know what sport you're watching but that was a clear charge and a guy who is 6'7 jumped to try and get to him before it was a late hit.

The kid answered the bell but he should be answering to player safety. The league is the worst when it comes to protecting their players, absolutely the worst in all of major sports.

I used to be a fan of Bettman but the guy can't retire soon enough.

Reactions: klmdg and johan f

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
I’m fine with the hit. Could have been called but refs passed.

Now I’d love to see the exact same kind of hit on Monday. This time it’s Reeves on Carlo or McAvoy. And same result. They don’t finish the game.

I wonder how people will react.

Especially the refs

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
at 6' 3" myself, i think everybody in the nhl over 6 ' desrves to be penalized on a constant basis for not being 5' 7" stickhandling, beautifully appearing crybaby whimp (see johnny goodreau)

Reactions: LaffyTaffy13

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
How many enforcers wear visors?

I said next you'll see players fighting with full face masks - he wears a helmet with a visor and 'fights'.
Reaves and Lucic are the only ones who don't wear visors because they are grandfathered in. Any player after 13-14 has to wear them

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
"Fighting" with a "visor" with 5+ inches reach on everyone and still manage to have his face all black and blue. What a bad fighter

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The fight with Reaves is a draw. Why? No big punches landed by either or significant damage, no knockdowns or anything close. They both ran out of steam and whether or not Ryan threw the last couple punches he didn't have much left and a half minute/45 seconds is about his duration keeping in mind as well the extra energy it takes to fight such a big palooka. There were some helmet and shoulder shots, glancing blows. For me what was interesting it seemed as if Rempe was trying out some of John Scott's advice of putting his fist under the chin and into the throat area of Reaves to get Ryan to move his head in one direction or the other and that Ryan had probably watched the same video and did a decent job to make that not happen.

As a Rangers fan I appreciated more caution from Rempe here. With that big black eye already there was no good reason for him to get in a swingfest. Last thing he needs is for it swell up again.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I like the hit minus leaving his feet.

His size will always make head/shoulder headlines
meh, hard to tell if he left his feet before or after contact from the views I have seen, that said, its textbook charging

The funny thing is the official is close to Boosh and turns toward Rempe as he targets Boosh and proceeds to watch Rempe charge Boosh from the far side of the goalie crease.

Given that an NHL rink is 85 feet wide this means that Rempe targets Boosh from over 43 feet away and the official is incapable of knowing, understanding and how to apply the charging rule in a game.

The official flat out blew the call despite being in perfect position to make the correct call.

If the NHL really wanted Head injuries out of the game they would, its actually pretty simple but the issue seems to be that they have no real desire to do so and are purely drawing a line in the sand at times to appease certain people by making it seem like the NHL cares.

Sad really.

Rempe deserves a suspension here easily, it was a predatory hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad