THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
looks like rempe's right skate stays on the ice when he makes contact. he's allowed to leave his feet after that point. i can see him being called for charging on this play due to the amount of strides he take before the hit but i dont think this deserves anymore than a call on the ice. rempe makes contact with lyubushkins shoulder and lyubushkins head is only hit in the follow though and only due to rempe size.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
It's funny because when you look at your picture then look at my picture you can clearly see that he propels himself upward into the hit. It's like a still frame capture of him jumping.

Have a good one dude.
He right foot is on the ice when the hit starts, That is clear. I dont get why the debate here. I mean other than a Leaf got hit and hurt.....

The charging part can be debated but the head part and jumping is nonsense.....

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I’d say there is a reason that numerous Rangers fans are saying it should be a suspension. Go to their board, there are tons calling it.
It is a bicep to the shoulder hit. Feet grounded at time of contact. Whats dirty? This isnt soccer, its a contact sport

Reactions: Oak

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Of course its a net gain. This is what makes hockey entertaining. Your average sports fan who doesnt watch hockey knows who matt rempe is and does not know who nathan mackinnon is.

The league needs more rempe’s. The figure skating 5’9 160 euros arent entertaining. Fighting and chippyness is

Absolutely agree.

I can't stand the Rangers but love what this dude is bringing.

Despite the far too many people on this forum who hate fighting and big hits, there are plenty of hockey fans who like both. Additionally the casual fan LOVES a fight. I can't count the amount of time I've taken a friend or family member to a game, they aren't huge hockey fans, and they are always hoping for some huge hits and preferably a fight.

The enforcers do more to grow the league than anything else.

I understand the NHL is a business and the lawsuits and concussions and such. But if two adults choose to fight on the ice, let them. Stop breaking up every fight, stop pulling people away. Let them do it.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Some of you just want this to be a non-contact sport. Its not
First of all, no, I don't want it to be a non-contact sport.

Charging is a penalty in hockey, so you can have a contact sport and not make the contact properly.

Some of you would pay good money to watch a monkey rip off another monkey's arm and beat him with it.

Reactions: HofT

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I know, I know.
Charged and/or hit some guys, fought some guys and maybe won or lost a couple. Scored some points. Tall and gangly and awkward and young with an unknown ceiling. Or not.
Opinions are divided here and elsewhere on the kid.
However-
He's the most talked about player in the league right now. Not Mathews, not Bedard. Or McDavid or Nathan or Jack. He might even be the most talked about player in ANY league over the past week, no? Hell, the kids in my wife's middle school class were talking about him this week in RURAL SOUTH CAROLINA. Craziness.
Thusly, I ask myself this: Isn't this all a net gain for The Ice Hockey?
What say you?

I don’t think he needs two separate mainboard treads.

drede

Jul 13, 2023
To be fair he glides into the hit and explodes up, much as any good bottom 6 player does these days. Punish him because he is large? Silliness.

I am on this Rempe bandwagon. As long as he isn't a useless John Scott and actually contributes this is very good for a league that despises physicality and emotion this era.
He did not glide watch the hit he charges at him takes so many strides the ref had to jump out of the way

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
There is nothing special about this kid, it’s just that most of the hockey world misses physicality in the game so he’s a breath of fresh air. Arber Xhekaj got a lot of fanfare when he first came up too.

There’s so many bottom six players in the NHL that do nothing, they’re better than physical players of yesterday but need top six minutes and pp time to be effective. So they are out there biding their time till an injury hits for a ice time promotion and people like me miss the fighters, banger and crashers

Reactions: Stony Curtis

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Appreciate the time and effort put in.
Hoping we haven't derailed this thread but love to talk fighting in general and as I near my 40s, I do start to wonder about the lasting effects of boxing/fighting on the brain/body.

I share the same sentiment about not wanting to see anyone die or be badly injured from it but I still respect all forms of combat and will til the day I die.

Ive likely left out a name or two here but off the top of my head, my list below.
Cheers!

I usually break down by style and then evaluate based on competition and era.
We have a lot of the same names and for good reason.

For pure power:
Tyson - 44 of 50 fights were KOs
Foreman - 68 of 76 fights were KOs
Marciano - 43 of 49 fights were KOs
Dempsey - 43 of his 53 fights were KOs

Beterbiev - newer fighter
He's won all 20 of his fights by KO/TKO.
He reminds me of the old school brute force mentality.

Purest boxer at heart:
Duran
Hagler
Hearns
Canelo Alvarez
Gotti

These guys had/have the natural ability to will themselves through a fight with high skill and heart of a warrior.

Showman boxer/god given talent:
Ali
Roy Jones Jr
Leonard

Lomachenko is real fun to watch, his footwork and high IQ has his opponents guessing at every moment

Thank you for this. I enjoyed the read.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Looks like you are wrong.........View attachment 828616
Initial point of contact wasn’t the head.
Going through the shoulder, then making head contact, isn’t targeting the head.

Appreciate the time and effort put in.
Hoping we haven't derailed this thread but love to talk fighting in general and as I near my 40s, I do start to wonder about the lasting effects of boxing/fighting on the brain/body.

I share the same sentiment about not wanting to see anyone die or be badly injured from it but I still respect all forms of combat and will til the day I die.

Ive likely left out a name or two here but off the top of my head, my list below.
Cheers!

I usually break down by style and then evaluate based on competition and era.
We have a lot of the same names and for good reason.

For pure power:
Tyson - 44 of 50 fights were KOs
Foreman - 68 of 76 fights were KOs
Marciano - 43 of 49 fights were KOs
Dempsey - 43 of his 53 fights were KOs

Beterbiev - newer fighter
He's won all 20 of his fights by KO/TKO.
He reminds me of the old school brute force mentality.

Purest boxer at heart:
Duran
Hagler
Hearns
Canelo Alvarez
Gotti

These guys had/have the natural ability to will themselves through a fight with high skill and heart of a warrior.

Showman boxer/god given talent:
Ali
Roy Jones Jr
Leonard

Lomachenko is real fun to watch, his footwork and high IQ has his opponents guessing at every moment
Also Joe Frazier won 73% by tko

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Never has there been a bigger flash in the pan than this gentleman right here.

The ones who think he's bringing something they miss back will latch onto him and never let go, it's already sad to see some of the types of memes the "alpha male" likes to project onto the men they adore.

Reactions: HofT and uncleben

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Initial point of contact wasn’t the head.
Never said it was, I said he left his feet, that's all I said. I never said it was close to a suspension and I never said he hit him in the head. I just said it was a penalty.

The only head contact there was head to the boards.

Reactions: HofT

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He did not glide watch the hit he charges at him takes so many strides the ref had to jump out of the way
Those plays happen frequently. Plenty of times players come from that area to hit somebody in the boards. Because his stride is so big and he looks like a train coming, it looks more of a charge coming from him. If you want to call that a charge I'm ok with it, but you gotta be consistent with the smaller players who do that and hustle to the puck carrier.

If you slow it down it seems his skates might actually be on the ground at the time of the hit, but the view isn't the best for it. As a NYR fan, I didn't like it because watching live it felt he got a little too high with his body coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad