THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I didn't make anything up. I said imagine two players fighting with a full face mask.

One day it'll be mandated. The players were also adamantly against visors initially.
In your world maybe. Really reaching now lmao.

Still waiting for an example of a player removing a visor before a fight.
We’ll wait while you try and find one.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Imagine two players fighting with a full face mask.

Don’t think too many fans want to see that.
Whoever injures their hand first loses the fight.

Why risk hand injuries? When two players want them to fight just have them joust.

IMG_6953.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: HolyHagelin and MXD

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
1. Players take strides on almost every hit.

2. momentum might have caused this....

3. Initial point of contact was the shoulder....

Even is it was charging calling it suspension worthy is laughable......

1-not that much, he litterally cross the ice to go hit lyubushkin

2-momemtum just proving point #1 and at the end his 2 foot was leaving the ice

3- watch the replay again, the fact he touched a little bit should doesn't mean than it was not the head eho took the big majority of the hit... Where the definition of MAIN point of contact and not the only point of contact. hit who injured a player to the head

Yanni Gourde got 2 game suspension a month ago for the same exact thing

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Whether he still has some of the idiocy of youth in him might be debatable, but he’s unquestionably an adult who can make his own career decisions.
Fair, but I don't think the Rangers should allow him to do that.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
1-not that much, he litterally cross the ice to go hit lyubushkin

2-momemtum just proving point #1 and at the end his 2 foot was leaving the ice

3- watch the replay again, the fact he touched a little bit should doesn't mean than it was not the head eho took the big majority of the hit... Where the definition of MAIN point of contact and not the only point of contact. hit who injured a player to the head

Yanni Gourde got 2 game suspension a month ago for the same exact thing
Grourde clearly jumped before the hit and was suspended before which meant he was a repeat guy....

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
meh...debatable. His momentum might have cause him to leave his feet. As for the elbow/forearm. the guy is 12 feet tall.....
It's not really debatable, his jumping is what caused him to leave his feet. He was in the air before contact.

Edit: he won't get any hearing or anything, it was only worth of a call on the ice.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
1 it was 100% charging, hebtook minimum like 5 stride to go hit boosh and its also 100 % boarding

2- main point of contact is head

3- his 2 feet leaving the ice, you cant ignoring that fact.

4- player was in vulnerable position

it should had been a major penalty and game misconduct and its should be a suspension, absolutly no doubt about it
Wow sounds bad, surely there will be a hearing and suspension right?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
It's not really debatable, his jumping is what caused him to leave his feet. He was in the air before contact.

Edit: he won't get any hearing or anything, it was only worth of a call on the ice.
Looks to me his right skate is still on the ice as the hit starts....

And like I said, even if it was charging, this is a 2 minute call and those calling for a suspension is just silly....

Leaf homers? The guy takes 8 strides, jumps into him, and contacts the head. It should have been 5 minutes, a game misconduct and a call from the league.
you would be right if he did any of those things....but he didnt

Reactions: weslox

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
To be fair he glides into the hit and explodes up, much as any good bottom 6 player does these days. Punish him because he is large? Silliness.

I am on this Rempe bandwagon. As long as he isn't a useless John Scott and actually contributes this is very good for a league that despises physicality and emotion this era.
Great point about the 3 strides and then a glide before the hit. Maybe the leaf trolls should watch that clip but we know its nothing but homer warfare on this site.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Is he? He's 21. Anyone over the age of 30, or probably even 25 will tell you they were an absolute idiot at 21 years old with no idea of anything.

... unless they're still idiots of course.

Your prefrontal cortex isn’t done developing until age 25. That’s the part of the brain most responsible for long-term risk/reward thinking. So ya, what you said. I have a whole theory on why the brain does that, evolutionary biology is crazy, but if you ever wonder what the f*** that 18-24 year old is thinking.. there are times they aren’t. Fast cars for me, for example. Definitely didn’t consider consequences and other factors like I do now.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Leaf homers? The guy takes 8 strides, jumps into him, and contacts the head. It should have been 5 minutes, a game misconduct and a call from the league.

I see 3 strides and then a glide. Him leaving his feet is due to the contact which happens every single night in the NHL. Initial point of contact looked like shoulder to me.

Reactions: um

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta

I see 3 strides and then a glide. Him leaving his feet is due to the contact which happens every single night in the NHL. Initial point of contact looked like shoulder to me.

I’d say there is a reason that numerous Rangers fans are saying it should be a suspension. Go to their board, there are tons calling it.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyHagelin

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow

Well, he elevates his shoulder, launches himself and injures his opponent.
I haven't seen any definitive angle, but I believe the league would do well to give him a fine or some other warning. You need to be a very clean hitter these days if you want to play physical.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
ahh momentum AFTER the hit starts is not what you said. He was clearly on the ice when the hit starts and thats all that matters.
It's funny because when you look at your picture then look at my picture you can clearly see that he propels himself upward into the hit. It's like a still frame capture of him jumping.

Have a good one dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad