THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Well, he didn't have a problem with Reaves. That's impressive. Hopefully this kid plays it a little safer going forward though, optics won't be great when he gets KO'd (or KO's someone else) in a predetermined fight.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I know, I know.
Charged and/or hit some guys, fought some guys and maybe won or lost a couple. Scored some points. Tall and gangly and awkward and young with an unknown ceiling. Or not.
Opinions are divided here and elsewhere on the kid.
However-
He's the most talked about player in the league right now. Not Mathews, not Bedard. Or McDavid or Nathan or Jack. He might even be the most talked about player in ANY league over the past week, no? Hell, the kids in my wife's middle school class were talking about him this week in RURAL SOUTH CAROLINA. Craziness.
Thusly, I ask myself this: Isn't this all a net gain for The Ice Hockey?
What say you?
Of course its a net gain. This is what makes hockey entertaining. Your average sports fan who doesnt watch hockey knows who matt rempe is and does not know who nathan mackinnon is.

The league needs more rempe’s. The figure skating 5’9 160 euros arent entertaining. Fighting and chippyness is

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I haven't watched the fight yet. I was busy this evening.

Most people are saying it was fairly even, or a slight edge to Reaves.

Considering Reaves experience advantage, the fact that Reaves didn't KO Rempe tells me that either Reaves isn't as tough as people think or Rempe is tougher than people want to give credit for. Maybe a combination of both.

The fact that I see a lot of Toronto fans complaining about Rempe's visor tells me that they drop-down feel that Rempe fared much better than they expected.
Reaves pretty clearly won, the same way Rempe clearly won versus Deslauriers. The problem with most people watching fights is they have no idea what is a punch that landed or scored versus one that isn’t. This one was clearly in Reaves’ favour.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I personally am not watching hockey to see baboons fight. This league is much better without neanderthals and with more skill expression.
Highly disagree. The skill competition euro figure skaters are not entertaining. Give me a yard sale hit leading to a line brawl over a michigan goal all day every day

The Rangers aren’t taking care of him. He’ll have CTE by the age of 28.
LOL. Some of you have never played a contact sport. Any time theres even a slightly hard hit all some people think is CTE. You can get punched in the face and not die fyi

Reactions: FrankGallagher

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I want fighting back in the game so on that level, I am a fan. But come on. That hit on Lebushkin last night was textbook charging. I'm more pissed off at the joke of the League's consistency than I am at Rempe though. Give him his 2 game suspension and teach the kid that it is especially dangerous for a 6'7 player to charge and leave his feet during hits.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

He basically plays reckless like Tom Wilson did before he faced a bunch of suspensions. He's a fourth line goon who hasn't learned where to draw the line yet.

I don't see in what world that's not considered charging. The man is 6'8 and jumps for the hit for good measure.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The real question is if the increased coverage to the NHL due to Rempe’s fights is worth the CTEs that are going to come from it. Or else 5-10 years from now, the NHL will get increases coverage again when half their enforcers are overdosing or committing suicide. It already happened in 2011:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Well, he didn't have a problem with Reaves. That's impressive. Hopefully this kid plays it a little safer going forward though, optics won't be great when he gets KO'd (or KO's someone else) in a predetermined fight.

I thought he fought Reaves poorly to be honest. Reaves kept hitting his visor or it might have been a knockdown.

Fighting is easy for him though. He wears a full visor covering the top half of his face so basically only his chin is exposed the whole fight. He also has a long reach and holds guys far away from him to prevent them from being able to take off his helmet.

The NHL needs to allow players to remove their helmets again. Next you're going to see a guy fight with a full face mask.

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I thought he fought Reaves poorly to be honest.

Fighting is easy for him though. He wears a full face mask and visor covering the top half of his face so basically only his chin is exposed the whole fight.

The NHL needs to allow players to remove the opposing helmet again. Next you're going to see a guy fight with a full face mask.
Whatever excuses you need to make I guess...wears a visor like 99% of the league. "Full face mask", how you even allow yourself to type that?

Reaves caused him little to no trouble, the kid fared just fine even if it wasn't up to your standards.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Whatever excuses you need to make I guess...wears a visor like 99% of the league. "Full face mask", how you even allow yourself to type that?

Reaves caused him little to no trouble, the kid fared just fine even if it wasn't up to your standards.

What trouble was Reaves supposed to cause him? The 3 to 4 clean hits to the jaw weren't good enough?

99% of the league doesn't fight with a visor, I don't know what you're on about.

The visor rules are fine, but they should be removed in a fight, particularly when you decide to fight a guy without a visor.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
People saying "he's going back to the AHL soon" aren't watching games. This is a 4th liner who can skate, hit, and so far has not made idiotic plays. Actually has some offensive instinct as well.

Rangers didn't bring him up because he's a fighter. The kid can play in the 4th line.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Except he didn’t. He survived but was eating punches.

Last edited:
Reactions: stampedingviking

bov

Nov 13, 2010
What trouble was Reaves supposed to cause him? The 3 to 4 clean hits to the jaw weren't good enough?

99% of the league doesn't fight with a visor, I don't know what you're on about.
Rempe landed several of his own and did just fine. You said he had a poor showing which seems very biased.

Your visor talk is confusing. First you say full facemask which is just dumb and false. Literally nobody removes their visor to fight, and removing helmets almost never happens anymore due to penalty. And yes, nearly every fight that happens in the NHL involves players with visors so...not sure why you're complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad