THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He's a decent player. You have to keep in mind that he's only 21.

I think he has the potential to have a good NHL career without having to fight.
I think thats right. A solid 4th liner that has the ability to cover some 3rd line duties if necessary. Doesnt have to fight but can go when the situation calls for it.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's funny how people speculate how good of a career he might have while 99.9% fans didn't know him a few weeks ago and he was barely a 4th liner in the WHL and AHL.

I wish him all the best, but he only played a handful of games in the NHL. But yeah, I think the last true warrior the Rangers had was Prust like 20 years ago 😄
99.9% of fans don't know who anybody's prospects are.

He's been widely regarded among Rangers fans as a riser in our system and we're very confident that he'll be an NHL player.

To say he was barely a 4th liner in the WHL is woefully inaccurate. He scored over 0.5 PPG in that league.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
99.9% of fans don't know who anybody's prospects are.

He's been widely regarded among Rangers fans as a riser in our system and we're very confident that he'll be an NHL player.

To say he was barely a 4th liner in the WHL is woefully inaccurate. He scored over 0.5 PPG in that league.

Well its the WHL. 20 points in 100 AHL games is kinda bad.

sbhnur

Dec 26, 2020
Are we already at the point that if he doesn't fight in a game fans will go home disappointed, maybe even boo?
No fight no hype. Nobody reminds this kid if he just plays 4th line minutes like many guys do without getting any public attention. Not too much to talk about here actually, except he sacrifices his body and mind and keeps going all in every game. If this is the case he won't last long though.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well it’s the WHL. 20 points in 100 AHL games is kinda bad.
This season he was on pace for what amounts to 23 points over 82 games, and remember he’s pretty young. He’s a June birthday, and doesn’t turn 21 until then. This is only the second season he’s been eligible to play in the AHL. That pace also leaves out that he’s more of a goals guy than assists, so true point totals are probably a little unfair in measuring his offensive output.

He’s also a player that has improved a lot over the last few years. He’s continuing to improve. His skating has improved a lot and he’s gotten much stronger.

He’ll probably be like a 15-25 point NHL’er per season, but it isn’t unrealistic to hope he could hit 30 points his best season or two.

• Haha
Reactions: Pink Mist

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well its the WHL. 20 points in 100 AHL games is kinda bad.
Yeah, that's valid. He is young and did kinda play a bottom six role there. He was thought of as an enforcer out of the gate and was basically put in that role, and in the last couple of years, he's progressed further than expected, particularly with skating.

You can call it eye test and say maybe we're wrong. Maybe we are.

But so far, he looks like an NHL player who skates extremely well (for any size) and can harass defensemen on the forecheck at this level.

He's not here to beat people up. He got the call-up because he's played well and earned a look. He jumped into fighting because it is in his arsenal and it's a way to get in good with coaches, but I don't expect fighting all the time to be his main hustle at this level.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Buddy's face is destroyed at the moment...Olivier must've gotten him good

multelzby5lc1.jpeg
He looks like sloth from the f***in' Goonies in that picture.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
As a Leafs fan I think he has a good shot at beating Reaves but I hope we see it Saturday. Reavo does need to show he wants the heavyweight belt

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think it might help some people just saying that in the Rangers universe Rempe has always had a somewhat limited upside and this business about production stats completely misses the point in how the organization and a lot of Rangers fans feel about him as a prospect. Building a team isn't just about finding guys who can score. You also need guys who can fit into roles and/or do the unappreciated jobs that might not show on the scoresheet but are still essential to building a winning team and a winning atmosphere. Edstrom who is also huge has IMO a somewhat higher upside but both of these players have always been seen and have subsequently been groomed by the Rangers to be future bottom 6 forwards and whatever they can chip as far as production is just gravy......and there's already been some of that from both.

The Rangers have other young forwards including Lafreniere, Kakko, Chytil (if he can get over his concussion issues), Perreault, Othmann and Cuylle all of whose upside could make them top 6 players....there's also the current vets and potential trade and free agent acquisitions in the future so that other prospects won't have the onus of becoming top 6 forwards on them. IMO guys like Berard, Sykora, Chmelar, McConnell-Barker and Laba are all doing well in their respective leagues and are all potential middle 6 to bottom 6 forwards and there are a lot of variations and variables with this entire mix--size, styles, production abilities, physical play etc. Rangers have a very strong IMO group of prospect and young forwards. Defense at least past Miller and Schneider it's a different story.

Rempe doesn't need to be a big point producer and I don't think he will be but that doesn't mean he can't or won't be a very valuable player for us. We have won 5 of the 6 games he's played for us and I don't think he's been on the ice for a goal against yet so he's not hurting the team.

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
I don't think it's healthy and responsible how he has crazy fights like this one that often a month. I also believe hockey needs to stay touhh - but those kind of fights are too much.

Good luck. Hope he's no sponge after some years. People will not care anymore ...

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
As a Leafs fan I think he has a good shot at beating Reaves but I hope we see it Saturday. Reavo does need to show he wants the heavyweight belt
If he loses against Rempe, not even sure he'll be considered in the top 5 anymore (not even sure he still is).
He's still a tough guy, but no more intimidating like he used to be a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad