THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I hope there's someone responsible enough in the Rangers organization to tell this guy that he's already made a name for himself, he can now focus on playing hockey instead of punching people on the face every other game. Otherwise he won't be playing hockey beyond his 25th birthday.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I hope there's someone responsible enough in the Rangers organization to tell this guy that he's already made a name for himself, he can now focus on playing hockey instead of punching people on the face every other game. Otherwise he won't be playing hockey beyond his 25th birthday.
I mean he doesn't really have much value as a hockey player without the fighting. Been outscored or outpaced by every other regular (including dmen) on your AHL team isn't typically "untapped potential" territory.

Who knows though, Pezzetta has been better at the NHL level than he was at the AHL level and was at one point in our bottom five prospects and now played more NHL games than the majority of said prospects. Paces for 20 points a year playing 7-8 minutes.

Odds are Rempe's ability to stay in the lineup will be entirely dependent on his willingness to fight.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I think I disagree. Look how long Steven Seagal has been in the martial arts business. He's way past 25 at this point.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
This is what you're taking out of this thread?
Should I be taking something different away?

A thread with Rangers fans saying, 'this guy is fun and is injecting some physical energy into a team that has been missing it for the most part,' and a whole ton of non-Rangers fans coming in to insult the guy, show faux-concern for his health, or criticize the fact that he hasn't won all his fights.

Why is everyone so concerned about the status of a 4th liner on the Rangers who plays 4 minutes a game?

hockwresjj

Jul 31, 2022
Jon Scott comes to mind

Lol. It just might happen. Jon Scott posted on twitter that he'd love to coach Rempe how to fight better.

https://x.com/johnscott_32/status/1762174791463678344?s=20

Last edited:
Reactions: gimbznyr and Groo

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Rempe needs to learn defense in a fight. You are allowed to block punches and not just with your face. Rempe looks like a gamer and a team player, but he has to learn to be smarter while scrapping, or his hockey career won't be a long one.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Rempe needs to learn defense in a fight. You are allowed to block punches and not just with your face. Rempe looks like a gamer and a team player, but he has to learn to be smarter while scrapping, or his hockey career won't be a long one.
This is ultimately it. The fact that someone that big and has that long of a reach was getting tagged at will by a guy who was 6-7 inches shorter is alarming. Olivier was landing at will.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm glad somebody said it.

He has a chance to be a good player in this league. He has phenomenal reach, excellent speed, and good instincts. He does have a mean streak and could be a pain in the ass to play against if he has focus.

He's honestly not a good fighter. He never was a fighter at lower levels. He's just 6'8" and willing to fight to put himself on the map.

Now that he's showing glimpses of being effective at this level, he needs to stop leaning on that.

I'm not saying he can't drop the gloves now and then but he's accepting every challenge from bonafide enforcers and he's really not good at fighting. He's gonna get hurt.

If he can't stick without fighting, then it isn't for him. Making some money in the A is better than being a vegetable.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Drugs? You know what jib means right

"... It has now come to indicate what someone thinks of a person's appearance or demeanour: ‘I like the cut of his jib’, ‘I like his attitude.’ The term originated in the sailing navies of the mid-18th century, when the nationality of warships sighted at sea could be accurately determined by the shape of their jib long before the national flag could be seen. For instance, French jibs were cut much shorter on the luff than English ones, giving a distinctly more acute angle in the clew."

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Can't be taking bombs in back to back games against the toughest guys in the league. At 21, he'll need to pick his spots now. Nothing to prove at this point, everyone knows he can throw. But against Olivier I was worried for the kid.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Pure goon his whole career, kind of insane to see a player like this still make it. Not that I hate it, I'm here for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad