Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Keegan Matheson says he genuinely believes he could be a Blue Jay.

Says teams are moving to the finish line.

Says he believes an announcement of where he decides to go could happen any hour now. It could happen today.

Says he didn’t take a nap today thinking he could hear something.

Says he won’t make plans tonight either as the news could come down today

Last edited:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It seems crazy to me that an organization with more money than brains (like say the Mets) haven't done this yet. Just offer everyone over there 3x their current salary. Who's going to say no?

Mets already got their guy in Stearns. We’ve seen what Chaim Bloom did in Boston so going to Tampa for Front Office guys isn’t always the best move.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Trying to be as optimistic as possbile but just seems somewhat far fetched he will pick us over the Dodgers after the Dodgers being the so called heavy favorite the entire time. I get the allure of playing in LA but for me think it's somewhat weak on his part to spend the start of his career with the Angels, then just bolt to the more successful LA team with more money.

What will be interesting is if we dont sign him and what the plan B is because you know for certain SD is going to ask for some stupid trade price for Soto thinking we're in extreme panic mode.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Mets already got their guy in Stearns. We’ve seen what Chaim Bloom did in Boston so going to Tampa for Front Office guys isn’t always the best move.

Oh, I'm not talking about poaching one or two front-office guys. I'm talking about....

gary-oldman-screaming.gif

Reactions: Discoverer

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
SD and the Dodgers opening their season in Korea. Probably a slam dunk Kim isn’t getting traded and perhaps the Dodgers go after Ryu again.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Im not in favor of it just because the second tommy john surgery.
for all we know he can return as a shell of the pitcher we knew.

however
Roger's has crunched the numbers

Say you pay Otani 600 mil over a decade

Well see a million or 2 jerseys sold here in North America probably 5 or 10 times that in Asia

So we'll say saleish prices 120 us a jersey. (Authentics range from 100 to 190 i just skimmed the store so i could be wrong)

And that's probably just the first year and just jersey sales

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Im not in favor of it just because the second tommy john surgery.
for all we know he can return as a shell of the pitcher we knew.

however
Roger's has crunched the numbers

Say you pay Otani 600 mil over a decade

Well see a million or 2 jerseys sold here in North America probably 5 or 10 times that in Asia

So we'll say saleish prices 120 us a jersey. (Authentics range from 100 to 190 i just skimmed the store so i could be wrong)

And that's probably just the first year and just jersey sales

Revenue from merch sold within the stadium goes to the team, but all other merch sales revenue is split evenly between all teams/players.

The increase in revenue will largely come from Japan TV rights and increased attendance. Last time I went to see Ohtani at Skydome, there were 7 or 8 lovely Japanese ladies sitting next to me. I wager we'll see an influx of Japanese fans at the park if he comes.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Revenue from merch sold within the stadium goes to the team, but all other merch sales revenue is split evenly between all teams/players.

The increase in revenue will largely come from Japan TV rights and increased attendance. Last time I went to see Ohtani at Skydome, there were 7 or 8 lovely Japanese ladies sitting next to me. I wager we'll see an influx of Japanese fans at the park if he comes.
I assumed we didn't have the whole sum in the bank figured there was splits between the team ,players ,the mlb the pa , it still will nail a nice chunk of the foreseen contract. Plus like you attendance and a rabid Japanese market

Anyone hear anything bout who's in on yammaota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad