Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I'm just going off of all accounts that he prefers the West Coast.

But I've never understood why a non-American wouldn't view Toronto as one of his best landing spots, if offered a competitive offer. Can be marketed to the entire country with no other teams/players standing in the way. Similarly, all eyes are solely on the team, especially if they are competitive since there is no other pro sports team in the way during the summer months. A great city (and they can't even complain about the winter months). State-of-the-art training facilities, and the Dome continues to be revamped.

On top of that, the Jays have had great relationships in Japan and the Dominican (for ex.) for decades, and their presence and marketability would be even farther reaching.
For a lot of them, it is the difference in time for a flight home.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Can we contact the players union first and file a grievance over Alek's unplayability?
I was just thinking this. LOL it was Manoah who not only stunk the place up but clearly he needs to lose some weight and see a therapist for his mental issues. The team got screwed over this past year. Lost a full year of a possible CY Young candidate

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
The Jays could also play Davis Schneider at LF if they need to do it. Fangraphs has him projected to be a 113 wrc+ player next year which is a higher projection then Gurriel Jr. We also have Roden as an option who could be ready in 2024.

Maybe we should target a 3B instead of LF. I'd be really interested in Arenado. It could be like getting 2019 Donaldson.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Would you guys do 25M x 10? That's seems to be the number being projected to get it done. That would take him to age 35 and put him 3M higher than Gausman. I'd be ok with that AAV but 10 years at that price could be risk for a 5'10 pitcher with no MLB track record. To earn that contract he would have to produce 3.6 WAR per year for the length of the contract, which is basically 10 years of Berrios-like production.
I wouldn’t be opposed but it’s huge gamble for sure

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Didn't that happen to Dontrell Willis?
Chuck Knoblauch another I recall from superstar to can't throw the ball to first. I know he had a much longer career but he was still in prime and then just developed the "yips" at around 30-31 and couldn't hit 1B with a throw. Was retired by 33.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Didn't that happen to Dontrell Willis?
Could be, I am not familiar with player. I remember Rickey Romero fell apart. But he wasn't as good as Manoah.

Chuck Knoblauch another I recall from superstar to can't throw the ball to first. I know he had a much longer career but he was still in prime and then just developed the "yips" at around 30-31 and couldn't hit 1B with a throw. Was retired by 33.
That's kind of common actually. Steve Sax did same thing.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Could be, I am not familiar with player. I remember Rickey Romero fell apart. But he wasn't as good as Manoah.

That's kind of common actually. Steve Sax did same thing.
Romero’s injury impacted him.

Manoah was bound for a regression. He overachieved in 2022. However, no one expected him to regress that badly. He came into camp out of shape and overweight. Likely believed in his own hype. Somewhat ironic he had a horrible year because he trash talked frequently in 2022.

Last edited:

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008

Manoah was bound for a regression. He overachieved in 2022. However, no one expected him to regress that badly. He came into camp out of shape and overweight. Likely believed in his own hype. Somewhat ironic he had a horrible year because he trash talked frequently in 2022.
I found it odd that they chose him over a veteran like gausman opening day. Even though he was incredible the year before...i was surprised they didnt choose gaus. Figured it was more a day 2 matchup thing.

Reactions: canucksfan

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

Round is a shape

• Haha
Reactions: dredeye

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I found it odd that they chose him over a veteran like gausman opening day. Even though he was incredible the year before...i was surprised they didnt choose gaus. Figured it was more a day 2 matchup thing.

Well, he was top 3 in Cy Young voting. I think he deserved it on merit. Gausman would have been a great choice too, of course.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Baseball off-seasons are so excruciatingly slow. It's been how long since the WS has ended? Jays have not done anything significant yet. I know it's coming, but man I am glad I am not just a baseball fan only. Sheesh. Just lots chatter and nothing of substance.

It's always like that. The winter meetings in December are always when things kick off

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
A few pages back a writer was mentioned that as-is the Jays are a 72 win team? Gausmann, Berrios, Bassitt and Kikuchi as starters plus the depth of the bullpen does not equal 72 wins no matter what the offense looks like. Ludacris...

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Juan-Soto-1.jpg

Juan Soto, Padres OF

The Padres need to cut money and are listening, and the untimely death of beloved and admired team owner Peter Seidler is yet another reason rivals believe the Padres won’t continue to collect stars.
While there’s no likelihood Soto would forgo free agency now — agent Scott Boras and Soto would consider an extension but only at their price, surely well above the $440M he turned down from the Nats — he still has good value. Rivals see the Padres getting two top-100 prospects for him. One caveat: If the Padres somehow get Shohei Ohtani, Soto will surely go. Odds to be traded: 65 percent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad