Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

Trying to think of this from the Jays' perspective, why would they even entertain something like this? Like, I get teams putting feelers out on everyone (I know AA was notorious for this). But unless the Jays have been given Bo doesn't want to be here long term and is planning his exit strategy, I just don't see the reason for this. Even the craziest of offers would make me pause for thought.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I don't think there's a realistic Bichette trade with the Cubs that would make sense for the Jays. The Jays don't currently have anyone in house who provides any kind of certainty at SS, so are the Cubs willing to give up Hoerner and a couple good prospects or something?

I doubt it, and even then I can't imagine the Jays being interested in doubling down on the sacrifice-offense-for-defense moves they've made recently considering the team's weakness right now is a lack of offense.

There would have to be a ton of moving parts for it to even begin to make any sense for the Jays.

Ale Brew

Feb 24, 2020
In terms of value Horner & Morel seems to work, but doesn’t excite me at all. I think Horner only has a year left of control and Morel has power but doesn’t have a defensive position.

Would rather keep Bo unless the deal involves bringing in another stud and helps upgrade the lineup, which seems pretty unlikely.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
In terms of value Horner & Morel seems to work, but doesn’t excite me at all. I think Horner only has a year left of control and Morel has power but doesn’t have a defensive position.

Would rather keep Bo unless the deal involves bringing in another stud and helps upgrade the lineup, which seems pretty unlikely.
Slugging OF Owen Caissie should be part of any trade with the Cubs....Burlington's own :)

I was so disappointed when the Jays selected CJ Van Eyk with Owen still available and it has proven to be a terrible miss right in our backyard.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Bichette isn't being traded unless we are bringing in 2 other stars in some form. Jays are in win now mode with the age of their guys and salary commitments . I would say same goes for Vlad, his value is at an all time low since he became a prospect. Unless San Deigo wants to give up Soto for extra control and cost savings, can't see any path both guys aren't here in the spring to run it back another time. Manoah.. keep him unless someone offers up a fallen young star with similar accolades. Best path is use depth players and financial power to improve on what we have and make tweaks around the bullpen and infield.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
My hot take of the offseason: Tiedemann is not a starter longterm. Nasty stuff but the command and durability need to improve quite a bit from my viewings. I see him eventually being more of a Josh Hader type of multi-inning weapon. The guy has yet to pitch more than 5 innings in any of his career starts, and typically only goes 3 or 4 due to pitch count. Having said that, he's only 21 and the cement is far from dry. He could become Randy Johnson or Clayton Kershaw, but a Josh Hader outcome also wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as a floor.

Cue the torches and pitchforks.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I don’t see how we could ever trade Bo and get a return that makes us a better team this season. It’s just too difficult to fathom. Who wants a SS with 2 years left that’s willing to give up win now pieces that are better than Bo?

The only things that makes sense if this rumour is at all true is that either Bo asked for a trade and they’re seeing if that’s a route the Jays can afford to take or they’re playing the get Ohtani or rebuild game. All in or fold. A rebuild attempt this soon would be dumb but I can see a world where it’s not far off. If you walk Bo, Vlad, and Jansen to FA most of the rest of the roster is expensive guys they bought in FA. The market this year outside of Ohtani and a couple arms is pretty gross. Do they want to dig the hole any deeper? They were a year too late on pulling the rebuild trigger last time though they still managed to build very quickly once that route was chosen. I could see a world where you try this year and then pull the plug as annoying as that would be. Get a bunch of stuff for Bo, Vlad, Kirk, Varsho, Manoah, Gausman, Romano, Swanson.

Before you just down my throat no I hope they don’t do that. But this rumour makes no sense and neither does Bo asking for a trade so I’m just trying to figure out the logic

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I don’t see how we could ever trade Bo and get a return that makes us a better team this season. It’s just too difficult to fathom. Who wants a SS with 2 years left that’s willing to give up win now pieces that are better than Bo?

The only things that makes sense if this rumour is at all true is that either Bo asked for a trade and they’re seeing if that’s a route the Jays can afford to take or they’re playing the get Ohtani or rebuild game. All in or fold. A rebuild attempt this soon would be dumb but I can see a world where it’s not far off. If you walk Bo, Vlad, and Jansen to FA most of the rest of the roster is expensive guys they bought in FA. The market this year outside of Ohtani and a couple arms is pretty gross. Do they want to dig the hole any deeper? They were a year too late on pulling the rebuild trigger last time though they still managed to build very quickly once that route was chosen. I could see a world where you try this year and then pull the plug as annoying as that would be. Get a bunch of stuff for Bo, Vlad, Kirk, Varsho, Manoah, Gausman, Romano, Swanson.

Before you just down my throat no I hope they don’t do that. But this rumour makes no sense and neither does Bo asking for a trade so I’m just trying to figure out the logic
IMO, Toronto would need to win a Bo trade. Depending on how close you think Orelvis is, you could potentially move Bo for prospects plus value, sign a guy like Candelario, and potentially fix a bunch of problems at once.

Something like:
Suzuki, PCA, Wicks for Bo. Sign Candelario. Play Orelvis at SS.

(Note: I would only pull the trigger if I had the signing done, because I don't see any way Toronto could go into the offseason with holes at both SS and 3B)

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
IMO, Toronto would need to win a Bo trade. Depending on how close you think Orelvis is, you could potentially move Bo for prospects plus value, sign a guy like Candelario, and potentially fix a bunch of problems at once.

Something like:
Suzuki, PCA, Wicks for Bo. Sign Candelario. Play Orelvis at SS.

(Note: I would only pull the trigger if I had the signing done, because I don't see any way Toronto could go into the offseason with holes at both SS and 3B)

Is that a win? PCA is getting overrated quite a bit and has some crazy helium Varsho style. I wouldn’t bite on him as the major piece especially since we have a similarly valued CF in Varsho.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Is that a win? PCA is getting overrated quite a bit and has some crazy helium Varsho style. I wouldn’t bite on him as the major piece especially since we have a similarly valued CF in Varsho.
I was looking at him as a young, close OF. That being said, Owen Caissie would also fit that spot.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I'm not a huge fan of guys with crazy K-rates, so Suarez wouldn't exactly be my preferred style of player, but man... a consistent 3+ fWAR player making $11 million for one year who costs next to nothing to acquire as a stop-gap until one of Barger/Martinez/Palmegiani can take the next step would have been perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad