Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Can someone rename this thread? something like Offseason Discussion. or something appropriate. kinda dumb to still be as it is, given thats where the Jays discussion seems to have settled after the season.

Reactions: CincoHolio

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004

Kevin Smith and Snead are both free agents. Logue was claimed off waivers.

All Oakland has left is Hoglund. And the Jays had 2 years of Chapman and will likely get a 2nd round pick who may be as valuable as Hoglund

Ideally you want both sides of the deal to do well. If you have lopsided deals, it will tarnish your image around the league.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
A source has told me the Dodgers have already met with Ohtani

A source has told me the Dodgers are meeting with Ohtani today

A source has told me the Dodgers are meeting with Ohtani tomorrow

A source has told me the Dodgers are meeting with Ohtani Tuesday

:sarcasm:

1700411388537.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
funny, the baseball media

heres a notion. this team was built around control and sustainability.
so yeah lets jettison a 25 year old, x all star pitcher who's worth pennies on the dollar comparatively to what he was worth a year prior. not to mention still a controlled asset

pertaining to the jays most media outlets are out to lunch for sources its the guys on twitter that have been gold the last few years.

this team has surprised and surpassed most peoples expectations every off season since the kids came up

so ill sit back and wait till January before i start making a assessment

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
no duh they're open to moving him....for the right price not for a discount. Most likely scenario is he fights for the 5th spot in spring training and if he puts in the work he'll most likely get it. Only way he gets moved is if he asks out or his attitude is so bad Jays cut ties. No one is truly untouchable on this team though for me I'd be locking Bichette up long term as quickly as possible and close to untouchable.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Ideally you want both sides of the deal to do well. If you have lopsided deals, it will tarnish your image around the league.

To me you don’t risk tarnishing anything. An experienced GM on the other side had free will to agree to the trade. How it pans out isn’t a concern of ours.

We have made a tonne of trades with the A’s in the past that have been clear wins for the Jays and it hasn’t stopped;

Ted Lilly
Eric Hinske
Josh Donaldson
Maybe Matt Chapman

Even for AA after the Donaldson deal, he made two major trades with Oakland that looks like losses for them early on;

Matt Olsen
Sean Murphy

A good GM is always going to take the best deal in front of them unless you are division rivals.

Last edited:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
To be honest I'm not completely opposed to bringing JD as a stopgap. I think you can still eke out some value a la Belt. Worst case scenario he becomes a bench bat LHP masher or a 60-day ILer. I'd rather experiment with him until one of the 3B prospects is ready than pay up for Chapman/Candelario.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Two interesting buy-low options for me would be Austin Meadows and Spencer Turnbull. If Meadows is ready to return he can slot in perfectly at LF. Though I'd imagine he might be thinking something closer to home like the Braves or a reunion with the Rays.

With Turnbull he gets to compete for the #5 and utilize the pitching lab. If the Jays do move on from Manoah then Turnbull would become the clear favourite for the final rotation spot and get to build that value back up on a contending team. He'd probably prefer a more guaranteed roster spot but that could come with a developmental risk too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad