Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
It put time a clock on the game. And to make matters worse, the clock violations are managed by incompetent umps.
The other ridiculous thing is the digital strike zone box.
Actually its not the umps that count the clock. its a stadium employee, and they just relay a signal to the ump whether its expired. ump has no choice but to call it.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Actually its not the umps that count the clock. its a stadium employee, and they just relay a signal to the ump whether its expired. ump has no choice but to call it.
Incompetent MLB stadium employees signaling incompetent umps.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
It put time a clock on the game. And to make matters worse, the clock violations are managed by incompetent umps.
The other ridiculous thing is the digital strike zone box.
Definitely agree with the last point. I hate that thing.

Doesn't take me away from watching the game, but it's definitely a nuisance and annoying.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Looks like Atlanta clearing roster spots. Bummer has good K numbers as well
That’s a lot of pieces for a reliever coming off a bit of a bad year though. If memory serves Sirotka has been very injured of late so maybe it’s to take on the salary?

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021

Doesn't take me away from watching the game, but it's definitely a nuisance and annoying.
I’m with you guys on the digital box. Please mlb or broadcasters get rid of it!

i Recall a few games in Boston I think without the strike zone box and it just seemed more natural. Plus it takes away a lot of attention from the home plate ump.

we as fans can tell a ball or a strike without a Magic box. To me it’s (almost) as bad as the American neon hockey puck trail laser of the early 2000s or whenever they used that garbage.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I dont start following baseball until after the Cup is handed out, and I loved listening on the radio over the years, but it’s become increasingly difficult to listen or watch, especially the Sportsnet feeds.
I don’t need the strike zone box on TV thats usually in the wrong position, I don’t need a colour guy on the radio, that’s likely never picked up a baseball, tell me 5 useless stats between every pitch.

Hopefully they go with Ben Wagner and the young lady that played softball at TN full time on the radio next year.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
That’s a lot of pieces for a reliever coming off a bit of a bad year though. If memory serves Sirotka has been very injured of late so maybe it’s to take on the salary?
Sirotka has been injured for the past three seasons. Lopez is pretty garbage, not sure about the other pieces. Bummer is a lefty reliever that has good stuff, so I’m guessing it gives Atlanta some flexibility

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Sirotka has been injured for the past three seasons. Lopez is pretty garbage, not sure about the other pieces. Bummer is a lefty reliever that has good stuff, so I’m guessing it gives Atlanta some flexibility
That’s what it feels like for sure. He’s a bunch of things and we’ll hope your one guy gets back to his old form

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Every time i watch videos of old games i realize how great the new rules are. I love baseball and watch it since the mid 80ies but man watching a pitcher trying to pick off a base runner 10 times while taking 10 hours pose in between is something i don't want back.
Yeah, I suspect the percentage of baseball fans who actively dislike the pitch clock is barely above zero. The only thing it's removed from the game is pitchers wandering around the infield and batters adjusting their batting gloves. Those things never bothered me much, but they were also never part of what made me watch the game.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Every time i watch videos of old games i realize how great the new rules are. I love baseball and watch it since the mid 80ies but man watching a pitcher trying to pick off a base runner 10 times while taking 10 hours pose in between is something i don't want back.
Kelvim Escobar was a nightmare with runners on.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Never seen or heard about this guy but he sounds intriguing for the right price.

Go, 25, closed out the Twins’ victory in this year’s Korean Series — the team’s first KBO title in nearly three decades. He’s been the primary closer for the Twins for the past five seasons, pitching to a collective 2.39 ERA with 139 saves, a 30.2% strikeout rate, a 10% walk rate and a ground-ball rate north of 60% in that time.
The 5’11”, 198-pound Go has a heater that sits mid-90s and was regularly in the 94-96 mph range during his recent Korean Series appearance.

Reactions: GreytWun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad