Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Bautista is on the Hall of Fame ballot for the first time. Probably won’t get in the first time, or ever. He started too late. Do you think eventually he gets in? I want to see him in, I just want to see a guy get in with a Jays cap. We were robbed with Halladay, imo.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Bautista is on the Hall of Fame ballot for the first time. Probably won’t get in the first time, or ever. He started too late. Do you think eventually he gets in? I want to see him in, I just want to see a guy get in with a Jays cap. We were robbed with Halladay, imo.
There is a guy in with a Jays cap, but we don't talk about Bruno

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

Too short of a prime unfortunately. He will get put up with the Jays Hall of Fame no doubt. He is in the hall of really, really good/elite players that didn't have the longevity . A couple more average years and 1 or 2 beast years he makes it.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
They really should do away with the cap thing. It just doesn't fit with modern baseball and free agency.

Reactions: 3rd Username

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Too short of a prime unfortunately. He will get put up with the Jays Hall of Fame no doubt. He is in the hall of really, really good/elite players that didn't have the longevity . A couple more average years and 1 or 2 beast years he makes it.
Yeah I agree, he only really had 6 great seasons, 2010-2015. that doesn't get you a HoF vote IMO.

in 2016-17 you can see it fading away, and he was never an every day player after that and was gone from baseball after 2018.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Of course we’re going to add Candelario. He’s a career .240 hitter.

More trash we love it. Him and Varsho will struggle to hit .200.

He’s hit a whooping average of 17 HRS over the last 3 seasons. No power and horrible average. Ya let’s get him.

What a garbage organization

Reactions: Rude Dog

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Of course we’re going to add Candelario. He’s a career .240 hitter.

More trash we love it. Him and Varsho will struggle to hit .200.

He’s hit a whooping average of 17 HRS over the last 3 seasons. No power and horrible average. Ya let’s get him.

What a garbage organization
You realize they haven’t signed him yet right…..

Ale Brew

Feb 24, 2020
You realize they haven’t signed him yet right…..
Not to mention context. If they give him $30-40M to replace Chapman who might get $150M, is it really that bad?

Personally I prefer we spend our wad on a real impact player (Ohtani pipe dream, Soto, Yamamoto) and then fill holes internally and supplement with cheap vets in case the youth isn’t ready.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I'd be a little concerned about the contract he might end up getting, but Candelario has been excellent (and every bit as good as Chapman) in three of the last four seasons. I definitely wouldn't want him to be the addition they make, but he would be a solid replacement.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
He won't get in. Heck, I was thinking not if he'll ever get to the 75% required, but if he'll even get the 5% required to stay on the ballot past the first year.

He had a great 6-year stretch with the Jays, and provided some of the most memorable moments as a fan this franchise has seen. But as a career body of work, that stretch would be a blip when thinking Hall of Fame.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
He won't get in. Heck, I was thinking not if he'll ever get to the 75% required, but if he'll even get the 5% required to stay on the ballot past the first year.

He had a great 6-year stretch with the Jays, and provided some of the most memorable moments as a fan this franchise has seen. But as a career body of work, that stretch would be a blip when thinking Hall of Fame.
Yeah, he was absolutely a Hall of Fame-calibre player from 2010-2015, but even the most borderline of Hall of Famers pad that with a bunch of average to above average seasons. Not only did Bautista not have a single 2 fWAR (average) season outside of that peak, but the entire rest of his career, before and after his peak, was only worth 2.1 fWAR combined.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

cq5dam.thumbnail.860.860.png

TORONTO — Rogers Centre is unrecognizable after extensive renovations began on the downtown Toronto ballpark last month.

The Toronto Blue Jays released photos of the demolition of most of the stadium's lower bowl on Tuesday. Photos and video show that the field and all the seats on the 100 level have been torn out.

The Major League Baseball team says that 29.5 million pounds of materials were removed from the stadium Oct. 13 to 26. That amount includes 26.5 million pounds of concrete and three million pounds of steel

A temporary bridge was installed over the site of the former seating bowl, according to the Blue Jays. At the peak of demolition and excavation work, 10 excavators were on site with 344 trucks cycling in and out of Rogers Centre over the temporary bridge in one day.

It's the second phase of renovations at Rogers Centre, which will become the sixth-oldest active MLB ballpark once the Athletics complete their move from Oakland, Calif., to Las Vegas.

The team says that the second phase of Rogers Centre's renovations will be complete for the home opener on April 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreytWun

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Good responses to my question about Bautista and the Hall of Fame. Speaking of the Hall of Fame, how the heck Manny Ramirez not in? Was he involved in the steroid fiasco? I don’t recall.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Good responses to my question about Bautista and the Hall of Fame. Speaking of the Hall of Fame, how the heck Manny Ramirez not in? Was he involved in the steroid fiasco? I don’t recall.
There are these things called search engines. You know, like Google and Bing, for example. A simple search for "Ramirez steroids" would tell you what you want to know.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

cq5dam.thumbnail.860.860.png

TORONTO — Rogers Centre is unrecognizable after extensive renovations began on the downtown Toronto ballpark last month.

The Toronto Blue Jays released photos of the demolition of most of the stadium's lower bowl on Tuesday. Photos and video show that the field and all the seats on the 100 level have been torn out.

The Major League Baseball team says that 29.5 million pounds of materials were removed from the stadium Oct. 13 to 26. That amount includes 26.5 million pounds of concrete and three million pounds of steel

A temporary bridge was installed over the site of the former seating bowl, according to the Blue Jays. At the peak of demolition and excavation work, 10 excavators were on site with 344 trucks cycling in and out of Rogers Centre over the temporary bridge in one day.

It's the second phase of renovations at Rogers Centre, which will become the sixth-oldest active MLB ballpark once the Athletics complete their move from Oakland, Calif., to Las Vegas.

The team says that the second phase of Rogers Centre's renovations will be complete for the home opener on April 8.

What is this stage doing for renovations? I didn't make it to a game last year but did the reorientate the seats to face home plate already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad