Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Manoah has little value to any team except Jays. If he cannot show he can control himself, meaning his head nobody will give up much for him. A demonstration of head in place is imperative. He has an arm. He likely was voted the person I least want to be on a subway platform with.
This was not a Sonny Gray and NYC type of issue, Manoah head is a far bigger issue.
I don’t disagree that his value tanked but If Manoah’s value is actually that low just keep him as a 5th starter and roll the dice. He’s already at his lowest value so moving him for peanuts would be dumb. I need a good bat in the .800 ops range with 2-3 years of control at minimum. If we dont get at least that just keep him.

Ale Brew

Feb 24, 2020
Manoah has little value to any team except Jays. If he cannot show he can control himself, meaning his head nobody will give up much for him. A demonstration of head in place is imperative. He has an arm. He likely was voted the person I least want to be on a subway platform with.
This was not a Sonny Gray and NYC type of issue, Manoah head is a far bigger issue.
That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it, but I’m not certain it’s fact.

Manoah is young, has several years of control still, cheap, and has a recent history of being a top of the staff guy.

All it takes is one GM to have this view and his value is still fairly significant.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I don’t disagree that his value tanked but If Manoah’s value is actually that low just keep him as a 5th starter and roll the dice. He’s already at his lowest value so moving him for peanuts would be dumb. I need a good bat in the .800 ops range with 2-3 years of control at minimum. If we dont get at least that just keep him.
Exactly. His most value is to BJs. If they get a star once his head is fixed, great, if they get zvjust a guy who is wild he is tradeable fir more than now. His head lowers his value until he demonstrates control over his emotions.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it, but I’m not certain it’s fact.

Manoah is young, has several years of control still, cheap, and has a recent history of being a top of the staff guy.

All it takes is one GM to have this view and his value is still fairly significant.
It is not, just a young pitcher, he lost control over his head not his arm. No gm can fix that. He was 10 times worse than Aroldis Chapman, or Chamberlain who had/have great arms. Remember his bravado with Cole...he acted like a boxer and sounded like the late Macho Man Randy Savage. I thought at the time they couldn't find a hat big enough for his head.
The boy needs real help.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Oooo the arrogance

Manoah has zero value right now. Reclamation project status

This has nothing to do with Manoah and everything to do with getting above replacement level players that “might” figure it out. Our window is closing and we don’t need anymore question marks in our lineup.

Ale Brew

Feb 24, 2020
It is not, just a young pitcher, he lost control over his head not his arm. No gm can fix that. He was 10 times worse than Aroldis Chapman, or Chamberlain who had/have great arms. Remember his bravado with Cole...he acted like a boxer and sounded like the late Macho Man Randy Savage. I thought at the time they couldn't find a hat big enough for his head.
The boy needs real help.
In relation to his value, it’s certainly lower now than it’s been. If you believe in the player and his ability to turn it around you keep him. If you think he might not (as you seem to be suggesting) then you deal him now while he’s still worth something.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Would love for the Jays to get Jeong Hoo-Lee. Ha Seong Kim averaged an .868 OPS over six full seasons in the KBO and after some adjustment he had a .749 OPS in the MLB last year with plsy defense. Hoo-Lee had an .898 OPS over seven seasons and is considered an above average to plus outfielder. If his bat translates I could see him being a Steven Kwan type player in left field for us.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Would love for the Jays to get Jeong Hoo-Lee. Ha Seong Kim averaged an .868 OPS over six full seasons in the KBO and after some adjustment he had a .749 OPS in the MLB last year with plsy defense. Hoo-Lee had an .898 OPS over seven seasons and is considered an above average to plus outfielder. If his bat translates I could see him being a Steven Kwan type player in left field for us.

Trade for Kim to while they’re at it!

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
In relation to his value, it’s certainly lower now than it’s been. If you believe in the player and his ability to turn it around you keep him. If you think he might not (as you seem to be suggesting) then you deal him now while he’s still worth something.
I believe they can get his head straight, for a time. Permanently who knows. Will he break in a playoff series? Get him playing well, trade him for good value. Baseball is not a woke culture. It is about winning and any fan who thinks keeping him because of his obvious problem is not a fan. He will fall again. But he is a real talent. Do what is best for the BJs

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Matt Chapman met with the incumbent Jays at the meetings. The surprise Diamondbacks and Giants are among other teams eyeing third base. The Jays offered well over $100M in the spring but the sides weren’t close. Chapman is probably shooting for $150M plus.

The Mets appear ready to give Brett Baty or Ronnie Mauricio a chance to win the third base job and don’t seem involved for Chapman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad