Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

FA's for whom the Blue Jays are listed among the best fits:

• #1 Shohei Ohtani
  • #4 Aaron Nola
  • #6 Cody Bellinger
  • #7 Matt Chapman
  • #13 Lucas Giolito
  • #20 Whit Merrifield
  • #27 Jeimer Candelario
  • #30 Jordan Hicks
  • #35 Hyun Jin Ryu
  • #37 Jung-hoo Lee

Jeimer Candelario at 2 years for $7.5M per after a 3 WAR season being a switch hitting, 29 year old 3B in a weak class? Sure sign me up. I’d go as high at $45M over 3 years.

Jung-hoo Lee a 25 year old left hitting OF with an unreal eye and on base. He is my target for LF.

Hicks at $30M over 3 and Heaney at $25M over 2 aren’t bad either.

$127M over 6 years for Chapman is nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsforever

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

Jeimer Candelario at 2 years for $7.5M per after a 3 WAR season being a switch hitting, 29 year old 3B in a week class? Sure sign me up. I’d go as high at $45M over 3 years.

Jung-hoo Lee a 25 year old left hitting OF with an unreal eye and on base. He is my target for LF.

Hicks at $30M over 3 and Heaney at $25M over 2 aren’t bad either.

$127M over 6 years for Chapman is nuts.

Candelario would be one of my top targets outside of Ohtani, Yamamoto, or Hoo-Lee. Switch-hitter with power who can play 3B or 1B. Relatively young but shouldn't cost a lot.

For left field I'd either target Lee or grab Heyward for cheap on a short term (he's more of a RF than LF but we could always move Springer to LF if necessary).

Sign JD Martinez/Rhys Hoskins short term to DH and provide some much needed pop.

Springer RF
Lee LF
Bichette SS
Guerrero 1B
Candelario 3B
Martinez/Hoskins DH
Varsho CF
Jansen/Kirk C
Biggio/Schneider 2B

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Dbacks channelled their inner Jays by getting a ton of traffic on the bases and not cashing them in early in the game. And Sewald blowing game 1. RIP

Sucks to see Texas win, but they were the better team.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Semien, Moreno and Gurriel. Three key players in this WS that Atkins had and decided not to try and keep.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Really liked that Texas squad even if they stumbled down the stretch and thought they were the most dangerous team in the AL. Corey Seager showed why he’s a 325m player this year.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Semien, Moreno and Gurriel. Three key players in this WS that Atkins had and decided not to try and keep.

Semien wasn’t very good this postseason but he came up big this series. Still, not sure anyone was thinking of coming close to Texas’ contract offer for him.

Moreno had a great WC and DS, I wouldn’t say he was that impactful in the final two series though. Gurriel, pedestrian stats but he was cashing in runners this series so kudos to him.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Lots of Moreno “fans” in this chat jumping off that Arizona bandwagon as quick as they can.

Wonder if they will still be Moreno supporters next year.
It's hard to see how Moreno could have any fans after this series. He hit so poorly that his OPS was only 74 points higher than Varsho's instead of the expected 100+. 🤣

Reactions: GreytWun

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
It's hard to see how Moreno could have any fans after this series. He hit so poorly that his OPS was only 74 points higher than Varsho's instead of the expected 100+. 🤣
Yea hes also like 23 lol. Funny seeing our moron GM/ co-GM still garner support. Moreno made it to the finals as a 23 year old who cares, lets see how long our drought will keep going making it to the finals. He had a better year than our 'superstar' vladdy so

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Semien wasn’t very good this postseason but he came up big this series. Still, not sure anyone was thinking of coming close to Texas’ contract offer for him.

Moreno had a great WC and DS, I wouldn’t say he was that impactful in the final two series though. Gurriel, pedestrian stats but he was cashing in runners this series so kudos to him.

Didn't Moreno have the game-winning Rbi in two of their 4 wins in the previous series? Pretty impactful.

They laid an egg in the WS which is fine because no one watched it. And also f*** the Rangers.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Lots of Moreno “fans” in this chat jumping off that Arizona bandwagon as quick as they can.

Wonder if they will still be Moreno supporters next year.

The guy played really well for his first time in the playoffs and being 22. He outplayed Toronto’s “superstars” who have hit a collective 9 hits and 0 home runs in a combined 55 plate appearances.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Man...is this really surprising? The were uncharacteristically spending like drunken sailors akin to the league's wealthiest franchise such as the Dodgers and Yankees.
What is surprising is the detail that article goes into about their upcoming issues (essentially that they fell short on expected revenue) along with the understanding that they will not be allowed to remain in debt for a long time. Trading Soto helps, but they are also likely to need to decline some club options as well.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am very intrigued at what the Jays can do now that the baseball season is officially over. There are a few positions to fill, some might get filled internally but still. Jays need to make a statement and get the trust back from the fans. The one way you do that, is have a huge off season. Then win lots of games in 2024. I believe things can get back on track.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
The guy played really well for his first time in the playoffs and being 22. He outplayed Toronto’s “superstars” who have hit a collective 9 hits and 0 home runs in a combined 55 plate appearances.

That is great and all. But do we need to hear it every day? Most of you guys arent Moreno fans but you dislike the FO and are stoking the flames to antagonize the rest of the Board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad