Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Happy that Texas blew the series lead, especially after Adolis was being a hero on his home run. Houston has never really bothered me over the years (didn't care about the whole cheating scandal), so I don't mind them winning here.

Hopefully Arizona does the same thing.
Houston winning last year did them justice to prove they were as good as they are, cheating or no cheating. Seeing Baker win a World Series finally as well made it palpable.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Watch Moreno end up winning the ALCS MVP.

If that ends up happening they should give Atkins a nice pat on the back

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Watch Moreno end up winning the ALCS MVP.

If that ends up happening they should give Atkins a nice pat on the back

Oh but it’s early they say.

No it’s not early, Moreno is making things happen right now for his team. I don’t care what Varsho “might” be.

Reactions: rdogg

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Trading Moreno was obviously the stupidest decision they could make regarding their catcher surplus.

I still think moving Robberse for one run with Hicks is going to also look really dumb in a few years, too.

Reactions: capfit9

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
Tiedemann and Martinez for Arenado seems like a lot. I'm not saying BTV is gospel but they seem to be decent at valuations.

View attachment 754549

If their willing to move him, I'd do something around Orelvis Martinez + something else for Arenado.

For Soto, I'd do Vlad+ or Manoah+
No thanks.. we need to start hanging on to our young players. Nolan will regress badly and tieder will become an ace knowing our luck... no thanks...

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Ricky Tiedemann has had a very good Arizona Fall league showing

teeds.png

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Yeah signing Springer, Gausman, Bassitt, trading for Berrios and Chapman, they are terrible no doubt
They have had some success, but also some duds...

Its easy to point out the duds when the team had a poor offensive season and the 0-6 in playoff games, especially the exceptionally poor showing this year.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
No thanks.. we need to start hanging on to our young players. Nolan will regress badly and tieder will become an ace knowing our luck... no thanks...
I didn’t say to trade Tiedemann for Arenado. My post was to illustrate that Ricky+ is too much. Arenado could cost less if he were even available. Maybe something around Martinez+. I’d do Martinez + for Arenado and then Manoah + for Soto.

Ofc the prediction game is impossible, I just want the best two bats available at 3B/LF/DH we can find with Rogers spending as much as possible.

1. Springer
  2. Bichette
  3. Soto
  4. Vlad Jr.
  5. Arenado
  6. Jansen
  7. Schneider
  8. Kirk/Biggio
  9. Varsho

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yeah signing Springer, Gausman, Bassitt, trading for Berrios and Chapman, they are terrible no doubt

Yea, but come on it’s time to win something. They got thoroughly embarrassed this year. 10 games behind TB, 12 games back of Baltimore. Embarrassed by the Twins in the wildcard. Some of was on the players who underachieved, but management has not built a well balanced team yet either. You’re happy getting spanked by Baltimore and Tampa?

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Yea, but come on it’s time to win something. They got thoroughly embarrassed this year. 10 games behind TB, 12 games back of Baltimore. Embarrassed by the Twins in the wildcard. Some of was on the players who underachieved, but management has not built a well balanced team yet either. You’re happy getting spanked by Baltimore and Tampa?

One of the best starting rotations in baseball, one of the best bullpens in baseball, one of the best defensive teams in baseball.

Even the much maligned offense spent the majority of the season in the top 10 of most offensive categories.

Players simply didn't get it done enough and when it mattered the most.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
One of the best starting rotations in baseball, one of the best bullpens in baseball, one of the best defensive teams in baseball.

Even the much maligned offense spent the majority of the season in the top 10 of most offensive categories.

Players simply didn't get it done enough and when it mattered the most.

2nd place is first loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad