Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
GG nominees for the Jays

P - Berrios
C - Kirk
3B - Chapman
LF - Varsho
CF - Kiermaier

I think Berrios, Chappy, and KK will win. LF will go to Kwan, and C is probably 50/50 between Kirk and Heim. Kirk should win but will get dinged on throwing errors, innings caught, and bases stolen against him.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
GG nominees for the Jays

P - Berrios
C - Kirk
3B - Chapman
LF - Varsho
CF - Kiermaier

I think Berrios, Chappy, and KK will win. LF will go to Kwan, and C is probably 50/50 between Kirk and Heim. Kirk should win but will get dinged on throwing errors, innings caught, and bases stolen against him.
Seriously, Chapman made some awful errors this year, and they more than doubled since last year that he didn't win.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Seriously, Chapman made some awful errors this year, and they more than doubled since last year that he didn't win.

And what does last year have to do with this year? Bregman and JRam aren’t really close to him.

He’s well ahead by DRS and SABR defensive index, the latter of which constitutes 25% of the vote.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Again, I see St. Louis asking for the moon for Arenado. He's one season removed from a 7 win season, signed long term, to a team who wants to compete every year. They would ask Tiedemann and Martinez.

Soto could be available because San Diego is trying to get out of luxury tax hell and because he is one year from free agency.
Tiedemann and Martinez for Arenado seems like a lot. I'm not saying BTV is gospel but they seem to be decent at valuations.

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 9.39.18 AM.png

If their willing to move him, I'd do something around Orelvis Martinez + something else for Arenado.

For Soto, I'd do Vlad+ or Manoah+

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Tiedemann and Martinez for Arenado seems like a lot. I'm not saying BTV is gospel but they seem to be decent at valuations.

View attachment 754549

If their willing to move him, I'd do something around Orelvis Martinez + something else for Arenado.

For Soto, I'd do Vlad+ or Manoah+
I would want no part of Tiedemann in a deal for Arenado. Although the rockies are eating some of the salary 35 million next year and 32 the year after with a decline in power and 2.4 war this year that math doesn't add up for me. He drops to 27 and then I want to say 14 but that is a lot of committed money. I'm not saying I wouldn't want him but I'm not paying that kind of price when he's already very expensive.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I would want no part of Tiedemann in a deal for Arenado. Although the rockies are eating some of the salary 35 million next year and 32 the year after with a decline in power and 2.4 war this year that math doesn't add up for me. He drops to 27 and then I want to say 14 but that is a lot of committed money. I'm not saying I wouldn't want him but I'm not paying that kind of price when he's already very expensive.

Agreed. Only way I’m taking Nolan is if we get a soft deal like the Cards did in acquiring him. He is older now, less productive and still owed money.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Agreed. Only way I’m taking Nolan is if we get a soft deal like the Cards did in acquiring him. He is older now, less productive and still owed money.

Exactly. Couple mid prospects and some of our depth guys, max. Cardinals may want to re tool but they look horrible last year and it was a gongshow.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Happy that Texas blew the series lead, especially after Adolis was being a hero on his home run. Houston has never really bothered me over the years (didn't care about the whole cheating scandal), so I don't mind them winning here.

Hopefully Arizona does the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad