Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
That’s all I’d be interested in. Unless he comes at a value based off this last season and not his career. He may take it for another shot to rebuild his value

Why do you say that he still has a job? Have they announced something already
Lol No was being sarcastic that it’s been a few hours and he still hasn’t been fired. Should of been fired the second the game ended

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Lol No was being sarcastic that it’s been a few hours and he still hasn’t been fired. Should of been fired the second the game ended
Gotcha lol. I thought it was quick for them to make an announcement lol. Hope he’s gone soon

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I don't know if "irony" is the word here, maybe I'm pulling an Alanis...but isn't it ironic that game 2 was the complete epitome/microcosm of our entire season?

Great pitching. Reliable defense. No power. No clutch hitting. Baserunning idiocy (how do you get picked on a 3-2 count with 2 outs when you have a free running start?!). Managerial stupidity. And Varsho ending our season by striking out on a high heater.

If someone asked you to describe the Jays season you could just tell them: "watch game 2".

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I don't know if "irony" is the word here, maybe I'm pulling an Alanis...but isn't it ironic that game 2 was the complete epitome/microcosm of our entire season?

Great pitching. Reliable defense. No power. No clutch hitting. Baserunning idiocy (how do you get picked on a 3-2 count with 2 outs when you have a free running start?!). Managerial stupidity. And Varsho ending our season by striking out on a high heater.

If someone asked you to describe the Jays season you could just tell them: "watch game 2".
Literally have used that all night with my bandwagon jays buddies. We encapsulated the season for them in 2 games lol. It's like raaaaaiiiiinnnnnnnnnnn on your wedding day haha let's get into Free agency!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I agree with all of this but Vlad didn't have a free running start. I am not sure if that makes it better or worse though honestly.

Reactions: kb and Nylanderthal

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I really wanted Tampa. They seemed like our best chance to win based on injuries alone

Yeah, so did I.

TB was unbeatable in April and then basically a .500 team the rest of the way. Tons of injuries, no Franco, questionable pitching, defensive issues.

Minnesota was the best team in the AL in September and their great pitching was a terrible matchup for our iffy hitting right from the start. Plus they were the only team in the AL that had seemed to figure out something on Gausman and that ended up playing out in Game 1. Worst possible matchup, and those two games that Romano blew in the last week really bit us in the ass.

I would have preferred to face Baltimore over Minnesota.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Can they broom the entire dugout now? The f***ing team has gone from all hitting, no pitching & fielding to all pitching & fielding, no hitting, and it's still mostly the same guys. When the entire team struggles like this for multiple seasons in different ways, it's time to look at the man in charge, who appears to be way over his head, in John Schneider.
You gotta go one or even two more pay grades up to find the root of the issue

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

The offense was such a massive disappointment this season. I know the "analytics" say it should have performed better than it did, but at the end of the day the offense was subpar.

The Jays need more pop going into next season.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
Chapman 'definitely open to coming back' to Blue Jays

1 year "show me"deal?
He has "shown" hes an elite defensive 3b who is average with the bat, which is being generous. His defense is what you're paying for and I don't want to pay for it for the next half decade. I also don't want to go back to post Donaldson. If we could get the average down I'd be ok with longer. 20 mil for two to three season. If he wants longer the average needs to come way down to 15 per. We may just be best to walk away.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
As good as Cody Bellinger might be, I think signing him this offseason would be a huge mistake. He made the least hard contact of his career and all of his peripherals suggest he was pretty lucky. He also still chases a ton despite reducing his whiff rate.

I think the Cubs will be looking at moving one of their other OFers though. Happ/Suzuki have 3 years at ~20m per, and they also have Crowe-Armstrong, Canario, Tauchman (4th OF), and Morel (UTIL), with Alcantara and Caissie in the upper minors. Jays have been interested in both Happ and Suzuki in the past.

They need a 3B, 1B, and pitching. Horwitz is an option, don’t think the Jays are interested in moving OMart/Barger unless it’s a more impactful add, and we have quite a few pitching options we could deal from. I also think the Cubs will be in the market for Chappy and Hicks (whether as a starter or reliever).

Reactions: CherryToke

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Green, I don’t remember did they sign him for 1 or 2 years?

It's an incredibly complicated contract that could be anywhere from 1-4 years.

If I had to guess, I'd think they decline the 3 more years option and then Green picks up the player option.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's an incredibly complicated contract that could be anywhere from 1-4 years.

If I had to guess, I'd think they decline the 3 more years option and then Green picks up the player option.

Ok, thanks. I'd like to have him back and have him for a full season.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Will be interesting to see what happens with Manoah. Went from a Cy Young contender to a piss-baby who abandoned his team because he couldn’t handle being sent down and told he couldn’t hack it. Could definitely make a case that the Jays rushed him back after his first demotion but it’s still an incredibly bad look and reeks of entitlement that he chose to take his ball and go home instead of work through it.

Forgotusername

May 17, 2016
He has "shown" hes an elite defensive 3b who is average with the bat, which is being generous. His defense is what you're paying for and I don't want to pay for it for the next half decade. I also don't want to go back to post Donaldson. If we could get the average down I'd be ok with longer. 20 mil for two to three season. If he wants longer the average needs to come way down to 15 per. We may just be best to walk away.
With Boras being his agent I would be surprised if he signed for something reasonable. Especially since he is the top third baseman in free agency. The Jays have a couple of good prospects on the left side of the diamond, but I don't know if they are ready for full time MLB duty, but I hope they get an extend look during ST.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
With Chapman qualify him and move on. With Boras as his agent I doubt he accepts and if he does there are worst things then giving our prospects another year to develop.
But there is no way I’m offering him any kind of long term contract. 99% of his value comes from his defensive play and his D is declining

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm still upset, and this is never going to happen, but if this could happen then yes please

The biggest prize, of course, is Shohei Ohtani and some industry chatter in recent weeks suggested he’d be more open to an East Coast club this time around, had taken notice of the Blue Jays’ player-development resources and that the idea of adding a third country, Canada, to his prime fanbase carried some appeal for him.

We can write it into his contract that we promise not to remove him from the 4th inning of a playoff game unless he's given up at least 3 runs first right? :sarcasm:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Baseball is so weird. Braves best hitting team by far in the regular season haven’t scored a run yet in the playoffs.
It’ll be interesting to compare AA’s and Atkins’ approaches to this offseason if both teams end up falling below expectations.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
It’ll be interesting to compare AA’s and Atkins’ approaches to this offseason if both teams end up falling below expectations.

Atkins might not be around;

1696895847398.png

Mets are interviewing James Click. Let’s hope the Jays name him GM before anyone gets too far down the line with him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad