Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Five Big Hype Prospects

Damiano Palmegiani, 23, 3B, TOR (AAA)

(AA/AAA) 557 PA, 23 HR, 7 SB, .255/.364/.478

There’s some surface commonality between Palmegiani and Julien. They’re both disciplined hitters who produced big league-caliber exit velocities. Scouting reports go out of their way to question the defensive aspects of Palmegiani’s game. He mostly played first base at Triple-A after spending most of the season as the starting Double-A third baseman. Palmegiani also has a shaky hit tool. When he connects, it tends to be well-struck. However, between the discipline and a moderate swinging strike rate, there’s a chance nearly half his plate appearances will end without a batted ball. Barring a profile change, he’ll need high BABIPs just like Julien. Palmegiani is not Rule 5 eligible this winter.

I like that comp of Julien for Palmegiani if he reaches it. Wish they kept him in the OF though.

Last edited:

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Chapman 'definitely open to coming back' to Blue Jays

1 year "show me"deal?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Chapman 'definitely open to coming back' to Blue Jays

1 year "show me"deal?

If he accepts the QO, so be it I guess.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Agreed.

I think qualifying him is a no-brainer, but I'm not sure I'd do multiple years at 15 even.
That is all i would take him at.

He was reliable and surely beats the days of Yangervis Solarte or Brandon Drury (or Vladdy), but there comes a time when you just need to move on. Whether that’d be experimenting with O.Mart or Barger, or consolidating some pieces to acquire another option. I know McMahon has been named as an alternative but I’m more interested in finding a different profile even if it means sacrificing some defensive value.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
He was reliable and surely beats the days of Yangervis Solarte or Brandon Drury (or Vladdy), but there comes a time when you just need to move on. Whether that’d be experimenting with O.Mart or Barger, or consolidating some pieces to acquire another option. I know McMahon has been named as an alternative but I’m more interested in finding a different profile even if it means sacrificing some defensive value.

If we had him for one more year it would be ideal. Almost assuredly Barger and/or Orelvis will see some time next season with the big club and you'd finally get to actually see if they are potential options at 3B going forward.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Tiedemann with a good start in the AFL.

Tiedemann compiled seven strikeouts over five innings of one-run ball in an eventual 9-0 Saguaros defeat to the Javelinas. MLB's second-ranked lefty pitching prospect worked around three walks and scattered a trio of singles, continually bowing his neck to limit the damage.

Reactions: ktownhockey

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Can they broom the entire dugout now? The f***ing team has gone from all hitting, no pitching & fielding to all pitching & fielding, no hitting, and it's still mostly the same guys. When the entire team struggles like this for multiple seasons in different ways, it's time to look at the man in charge, who appears to be way over his head, in John Schneider.

Reactions: Anthrax442

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
So are there any free agents on the team you want back next year? I believe Hicks is a free agent and id love him back. Don’t want any of the positional guys back. Keirmaier needs to go for a power hitting left fielder, Chapman like has been stated maybe we qualify him and take the one year deal if he accepts it and nothing more. Whit can go. Belt I believe is retiring but no need to bring him back if he isn’t.

Forgotusername

May 17, 2016
That’s all I’d be interested in. Unless he comes at a value based off this last season and not his career. He may take it for another shot to rebuild his value
He is a Boras client so I doubt he is taking the QO, but stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad