Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Seeing a lot more rumours of the Jays being interested in other players. I’m guessing they know they didn’t get Ohtani or suspect that is the case so they are pivoting.
That seems a little silly. If they got Ohtani, they would still be inquiring on some of the secondary free agents. If they don't know, they would be inquiring on everyone. More rumours doesn't really mean anything.

I spoke to soon;

Gross. Is that another troll-ish account, or is it real?

Reactions: Forgotusername

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
That seems a little silly. If they got Ohtani, they would still be inquiring on some of the secondary free agents. If they don't know, they would be inquiring on everyone. More rumours doesn't really mean anything.

Gross. Is that another troll-ish account, or is it real?

They are all basically troll accounts at the moment... He's going to the Dodgers, or Blue Jays or a surprise team we won't say so that we can keep it seem like we have accuracy if he goes anywhere else. The Soto trade is almost done, except some teams are still handing in offers...

Reactions: as Pure as Evil

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
The Toronto media is in a frenzy over the idea of Ohtani signing with the Blue Jays.

Reminds me of the Summer of 2019, when everyone was thinking Kawhi Leonard was going to re-sign with the Raptors.

The Toronto media had helicopters following Kawhi Leonard around.

Kawhi stated he didn't like that.

I wonder how Ohtani feels about the Toronto media frenzy now.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
The Toronto media is in a frenzy over the idea of Ohtani signing with the Blue Jays.

Reminds me of the Summer of 2019, when everyone was thinking Kawhi Leonard was going to re-sign with the Raptors.

probably doesnt know, hes the one with the decision making power and he isnt refreshing his twitter for updates on whats going on in his mind.

Ale Brew

Feb 24, 2020

He’s likely unaware

Reactions: Kurtz

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
probably doesnt know, hes the one with the decision making power and he isnt refreshing his twitter for updates on whats going on in his mind.

He’s likely unaware
It is possible he doesn't know, if he isn't keeping track of what the media is saying.

I still think he may sign with a surprise team, such as the Texas Rangers.

They can offer him a winning team, a sizable market, and there is no state income tax there.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005

It can't be any worse than the Dodgers strutting around like they've already signed him...

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Well maybe it's official.. to a divisional rival hurts, especially if we don't get Ohtani or Bellinger. At least we can hope Soto prices himself out of New York after a failed experiment.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Only really a pain if he resigns. Yankee fans aren't losing any sleep over those prospects though I can't imagine. At least from my perspective, it doesn't seem like they really gave up any big upside (which has been the theme of Yankee prospect trades forever now)

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I don't know how the Yankees seem to do it every time. King looks solid but he's 28, has less than 20 games started in the MLB, and is a free agent in 2026. Thorpe looks interesting but he's more of a mid rotation changeup and control guy. The rest of the players they got (Brito, Vasquez, Higa) are nothing special, and they don't even give up any of their top 4 prospects.

Without knowing who the Jays put in the offer it's hard to compare, but if it's Manoah and Tiedemann ++ then I just don't get it. That's a former Cy Young runner up who is 25, and controllable until 2028, plus our number 1 prospect who's a top 40 guy.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
It is possible he doesn't know, if he isn't keeping track of what the media is saying.

I still think he may sign with a surprise team, such as the Texas Rangers.

They can offer him a winning team, a sizable market, and there is no state income tax there.
What about Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad