Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

Taylor's basically a perfect fit as a 4th/platoon OF for this team. You could play him in CF against lefties (where he thrives) and he would be good enough to play full-time now and then if there's an injury. It would allow you to target a more offense-first OF to replace Kiermaier, with Varsho moving to CF.

That assumes he gets a cheap-ish one year deal (like $5 million or something), and I think someone will give him more than that.

Ale Brew

Feb 24, 2020
Taylor isn’t awful, depends on the price. Likely isn’t getting a long term deal. Needs another year like last year for someone to give him a multi year deal, unless he’s willing to take a low AAV. I’m guessing he gets 1 yr $12M or 2 yr $20M.

His OF defense is as close as it gets to KK or Varsho, he hits lefties, and he provided decent power last year.

If this is to replace KK and paired with an Ohtani signing it’s not bad.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Who the heck is going to play CF for the Yankees?
Assuming the Padres deal goes through, probably Grisham whenever he's in the lineup and Judge when he's not.

That could be a rough defensive OF when Grisham isn't in. Judge is average in CF, Soto is pretty bad, and Verdugo is hard to get a read on because his defensive numbers are all over the map (good last year, bad the two previous years, good before that).

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Assuming the Padres deal goes through, probably Grisham whenever he's in the lineup and Judge when he's not.

That could be a rough defensive OF when Grisham isn't in. Judge is average in CF, Soto is pretty bad, and Verdugo is hard to get a read on because his defensive numbers are all over the map (good last year, bad the two previous years, good before that).
I like Judge's ability to play CF. I just don't like Judge playing CF (as someone who enjoys watching Judge play).

Because he weighs 282 pounds, if Judge ever hurts his knee, it could be the beginning of a horrible downward spiral (it doesn't matter if you are built like the Rock or Prince Fielder, that's too much weight on the knee which can't be strengthened a whole lot). Forcing him to run more unnecessarily increases that risk.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I like Judge's ability to play CF. I just don't like Judge playing CF (as someone who enjoys watching Judge play).

Because he weighs 282 pounds, if Judge ever hurts his knee, it could be the beginning of a horrible downward spiral (it doesn't matter if you are built like the Rock or Prince Fielder, that's too much weight on the knee which can't be strengthened a whole lot). Forcing him to run more unnecessarily increases that risk.

Judge is not going to last at CF.. already have the DH spot glued to Stanton who could not even jog or slide into home plate last year. If they get Soto I am going to assume he signs for 500 million and becomes a DH within the first half of the contract because it's the Yankees.

Is this Shapiro being stalked while on the phone? We are lucky they don't have the helicopter at Pearson trying to see who's planes are landing and taking off.

Reactions: jetsforever

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Man I hope not. I understand the Othani hype and not having to give up prospects and what it means off the field. But put me in the camp that Soto is going to have a bigger impact on the team he plays for next year. Would also free up the DH position for another impact bat.
25 years old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad