Blue Jays Discussion: The official Danny Jackson Appreciation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
94 is an average MLB fastball.

What do you think Bassitt, Berrios, and Gausman throw? Like I said, it plays up in the pen (94-97) and he has a plus curveball and a variety of other pitches to help induce weak contact. Just because he was unlucky last year with BABIP doesn't mean he can't provide Stripling-esque value. Plus he's athletic and in shape!

Reactions: canucksfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
One last warning about politics or off topic posts. They will be deleted and you will.be banned from the thread. We aren't going down that road for a 4th time. 3 was enough and political posts are against the rules.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Regardless of the side you're on, we can all agree the Jays did a piss poor job of handling this whole situation...like Mickey Mouse amateur hour level bad.

Also, Bass has the right to refuse assignment.

I think he's a candidate to bounce back if he goes somewhere else, but that's not happening here.
SF Giants need help in the pen ;)

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Maybe I should put my name in too in case they want to do a piggyback system. I can't throw that hard and only have a terrible fastball, more terrible change, even more terrible splitter, and a sinker that wouldn't reach the plate. But I am left handed and throw from a low arm slot so it would work as a change of pace!
Nem:

homerhomer.gif

kb:

homerhithead.gif

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I am just glad the whole distraction is over with.

Jays are cleaning out the dugout this week, moving Big Puma down to do some work away from the team, and getting rid off Bass.

Really enjoyable series against the Astros.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Weird how many times Nem has to state something 3 pages in, and people just can't help themselves.

I wonder how Manoah's head is doing right now. Unless one humbles themselves completely, it's nearly impossible to facilitate lasting change.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillNy29

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Weird how many times Nem has to state something 3 pages in, and people just can't help themselves.

I wonder how Manoah's head is doing right now. Unless one humbles themselves completely, it's nearly impossible to facilitate lasting change.
At this point, he needs to sacrifice a chicken. Or at least get himself a bucket.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi and kb

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Standard reminder warning that we're not going down the Bass rabbit hole of socio-political arguments again. Keep it on topic. Referencing what happened with Bass is fine but no soapboxing or editorializing. EDIT: "slapping" was supposed to be soapboxing. I have no idea what autocorrect was thinking there.
you trying to slap Anthony Bass?

Reactions: Eyedea

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I'm not too comfortable with White at this point and wouldn't be surprised if Bass pitches well the rest of the way, but I'm happy with this decision. Bass was getting the lowest leverage innings on the team anyway. White will be the 8th man up out of the pen, and at least he can go multiple innings if he can get it together a bit.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'm not too comfortable with White at this point and wouldn't be surprised if Bass pitches well the rest of the way, but I'm happy with this decision. Bass was getting the lowest leverage innings on the team anyway. White will be the 8th man up out of the pen, and at least he can go multiple innings if he can get it together a bit.

Wouldn’t he be a guy that can eat up innings if you’re getting blown out so you save some bullpen arms? Also, if something happens tonight he can go a few innings saving Francis for tomorrow.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Wouldn’t he be a guy that can eat up innings if you’re getting blown out so you save some bullpen arms? Also, if something happens tonight he can go a few innings saving Francis for tomorrow.
He should be much better able to do that than Bass, for sure. But at this point I wouldn't have cared if they just ran Bass out there and told him they need 3 innings out of him, so I guess it doesn't make that much difference in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad